collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What type of feedback is appropriate? (Resolved :) )  (Read 351 times)

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
What type of feedback is appropriate? (Resolved :) )
« on: March 04, 2014, 06:46:13 PM »
I recently bought a Perfume Puff Daisy Sweet pony on ebay that was described as "very good condition". The seller is NOT a collector and stated that she was selling them for her daughter so I can understand her missing some flaws. I'm going to wipe her with a magic eraser, but I'm 99% sure it's cancer and not dirt (on two of her legs and on one side)

She also charged me $5.84 for shipping when it only cost $3.04 which I thought was just a tad excessive :huh: She didn't have good communication or even let me know the pony had shipped and didn't provide a tracking number.

Maybe I'm just nitpicking. I don't want to send her back though because even though she probably has cancer, her head and body are the same color and that's a huge thing for me. Head/body mismatch bother me more than cancer XD

So I'm just wondering if I should contact her and let her know about these flaws and what kind of feedback should I leave her?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 04:43:56 AM by Shenanigans »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Wish List

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
Re: What type of feedback is appropriate?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 08:58:49 PM »
I would contact the seller first and maybe she'll give you a compromise to sending her back and then decide from there after what she says what your feedback may be. You might be happy with whatever kind of solution she offers and your feedback might be positive with some missing stars for condition and shipping cost but if she offers a good solution, you might give her 5 stars for communication.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 04:18:31 AM »
I would do as bluerose has suggested.

As far as the communication thing though, it's not mandatory for the seller to email you to let you know the item has been shipped. In fact eBay discourages it. I know it's nice to hear something but if there is no line of communication opened by either party then it's an automatic 5 Star. So that could be the reason she never contacted you prior.

What exactly are you wanting to do though? I know you said that you are not looking to return it so do you want a partial? Or are you just wanting to help familiarize your seller with common flaws on ponies?
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Shenanigans

• G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 04:57:28 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions :) I do want to keep her, but wanted to let her be aware of flaws for any future buyers. Also I wanted to know what type of feedback I should leave or if I should ding a few stars (which I hate to do!) I'll send a message her way and let her know about the pony :)
My Wish List

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 05:25:10 AM »
Hmmm...I am such a sucker when it comes to feedback because I know how important it is to a sellers reputation. I guess you will have to take a couple things into factor. The first one being is she actually has no knowledge of ponies. So that is why I feel it important to message her and see what her response is. She may surprisingly delight you or she may disappoint you entirely. And I would definitely factor that in.

Then there is the fact you feel she overcharged you by $2.80 for postage. I myself would most likely overlook that. I am not saying you should, just I personally don't feel it's excessive. Plus the fact you knew what the shipping charges were when you bid.  Anyways the best way to handle that is perhaps ding her a star in shipping and handling or you could make mention in your feedback that you were slightly overcharged.

My last factor would be how happy are you really with this pony? Are you over the moon to have her despite a small cancer mark or is it really going to bother you in the long run? If your happy then I would maybe say "Love this gal despite small mark not mentioned" or something like that. Also dinging her a star for item description.

Oh course this is all merely from my point of view and just a suggestion. The final decision is of course going to be up to you.

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Shenanigans

• G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2014, 04:42:27 AM »
I contacted her though I debated if it was worth it (is it wrong I sort of expect ebay sellers and buyers to be hostile? :lookround: ) But she was very sweet about it! I explained to her about pony cancer and I told her I figured she thought it was probably just dirt since she wasn't a collector. But she maybe should note it in her future auctions for other buyers because it's a deal breaker for a lot of collectors and that that pose seems to be prone to cancer (in my experience) But that I still wanted to keep her. I mentioned shipping was a bit high, but I didn't ask for a partial because yeah, I did agree to pay it when I bought her :P I thought it might cost around $5-$6 since she was shipped in a box instead of bubble mailer so I was surprised it was only $3.

Here's what she wrote:

Thanks for the info,I do not know these things, The shipping is automatic posted by e-bay.I will be glad to refund the difference of 2.78 to paypal.

Even if she hadn't offered to refund the difference I was just thrilled she was nice and promptly responded :) I don't usually get that on ebay :lol:

And I didn't know that about the communication Ponylady, thanks for letting me know! I always contact my buyers and try to communicate with them so I won't get a low star rating but that's good to know for future sales :lol: I just figured out you can add the tracking number without messaging them :blush:
My Wish List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal