collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: When someone is not happy with an item who pays for return shipping?  (Read 3266 times)

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
Re: When someone is not happy with an item who pays for return shipping?
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2013, 10:26:53 AM »
Hello, I am ChipsteRJs buyer in this instance, and after being asked by mods, I am now going to share my side of this story.

I bought 6 combs/brushes + 6 pamphlets from ChipsteRJ, 3 of the combs were pictured as hot pink, one was purple. Chip contacted me prior to shipping to say that the purple comb was in fact much lighter than in her picture, and asked if I still needed it. I replied no thank you, it was defenitely the wrong one then, perhaps I could choose another one? She then replies that the package has already been sent.

Upon arrival, the "hot pink" brushes are quite a few shades lighter than her pictures, and of course the purple comb was the wrong one, which we already knew. (The remaining two combs were perfectly fine btw.) In addition to this, one of the $5 pamphlets had a hole cut right in the middle of one page, this was not mentioned or pictured at all. So after spending the better part of $30 on this transaction, half of the items are no good to me. I do have understanding that sometimes things are a shade off, or that g1 pamphlets aren't as if they were printed yesterday, but this was more than I was willing to just let go.

In her response Chip admits that "colors on my monitor do not always appear like the brush I have in my hand", but was unapologetic and said that as she had sent the items I had pointed out, it was no longer any of her responsibility. She also had excuses for not taking responsibility for the pamphlet, but did eventually agree that I was right on that. She said she would refund the cost of the items upon their return, which would have left me out of any items as well as two lots of shipping.

Yesterday we agreed that Chip would send me a partial refund and I would return the problem items at my own expense, and I thought we had come to a resolution that we could both accept, but today I see in this thread that Chip is blatantly suggesting that I'll try to swap out the items and send her something other than what I received. This is beond hurtful, completely uncalled for and utterly unprofessional. It really does nothing to try and resolve our situation and just shows what kind of respect Chip has for a returning customer.

And FYI, I am on a colour calibrated monitor.  ;)

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2013, 11:57:38 AM »
Hello, I am ChipsteRJs buyer in this instance, and after being asked by mods, I am now going to share my side of this story.

I bought 6 combs/brushes + 6 pamphlets from ChipsteRJ, 3 of the combs were pictured as hot pink, one was purple. Chip contacted me prior to shipping to say that the purple comb was in fact much lighter than in her picture, and asked if I still needed it. I replied no thank you, it was defenitely the wrong one then, perhaps I could choose another one? She then replies that the package has already been sent.

Upon arrival, the "hot pink" brushes are quite a few shades lighter than her pictures, and of course the purple comb was the wrong one, which we already knew. (The remaining two combs were perfectly fine btw.) In addition to this, one of the $5 pamphlets had a hole cut right in the middle of one page, this was not mentioned or pictured at all. So after spending the better part of $30 on this transaction, half of the items are no good to me. I do have understanding that sometimes things are a shade off, or that g1 pamphlets aren't as if they were printed yesterday, but this was more than I was willing to just let go.

In her response Chip admits that "colors on my monitor do not always appear like the brush I have in my hand", but was unapologetic and said that as she had sent the items I had pointed out, it was no longer any of her responsibility. She also had excuses for not taking responsibility for the pamphlet, but did eventually agree that I was right on that. She said she would refund the cost of the items upon their return, which would have left me out of any items as well as two lots of shipping.

Yesterday we agreed that Chip would send me a partial refund and I would return the problem items at my own expense, and I thought we had come to a resolution that we could both accept, but today I see in this thread that Chip is blatantly suggesting that I'll try to swap out the items and send her something other than what I received. This is beond hurtful, completely uncalled for and utterly unprofessional. It really does nothing to try and resolve our situation and just shows what kind of respect Chip has for a returning customer.

And FYI, I am on a colour calibrated monitor.  ;)

Thank you for sharing this information.  Its always good to see both sides to a transaction problem.  I am sorry this has happened Little.Fox. you are right that is not professional at all and I would be very hurt at the suggestion I would send something other than what I bought.   I am also sorry that your items arrived damaged and that the wrong colored item was shipped even when it was known to be the wrong shade enough  to ask you about it.  I really hope that Chip will address these issues and come up with a fair solution. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2013, 06:04:17 PM »
Thank you little.fox for posting your side of the story. I honestly would like to see the two of you work something out that is suitable to both you and Chip.

I also want to say that this is obviously a touchy situation for both parties. And although there has been some helpful information provided it is also adding confusion to the situation at hand. I believe at this point it is best that if the two parties involved can not come to a resolution that they PM a Trader Support Mod and we will do the best we can to guide you to a compromising resolution! Thank you ~PonyLady
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline sparkleset80

• Trade Count: (+178)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2013, 07:29:20 PM »
Gonna jump in here really quick and hope I do not offend either one of you. First of all, I have known Chip on the arena for awhile now and have had many pleasant trades and sales with her. I know she is not trying to say you are dishonest, little.fox, and going to swap out items but, when selling, you do have to wonder if the other person on the other end will follow through and do what they agreed to. I will vouche that I have the ultimate faith, Chip, that little.fox is true to her word and will do exactly as agreed to.
I once sold some brushes to little.fox and used 1 "stock" picture to describe multiple combs and brushes. For example, I had a blue rainbow brush picture and then underneath the picture I would say "5 in stock". So, when little.fox's purchase from me came to her, some of the combs and brushes had flaws that weren't expected. I never really thought how that might be upsetting to someone. So, I refunded her for the ones that had the flaws but I did not ask for her to return them because I felt that I had "misrepresented" the items to her. I also started to rethink how I should re-do my sales and since then I have taken individual pictures of each accessory, bagged and numbered them so that my buyer gets exactly the right one they choose. So I am very greatful that little.fox brought up her concerns to me cause I feel because of that I have improved how I sell and represent my items to people.
I'm not saying to get a better camera, Chip, or redo how you do things... but sometimes (with a little extra work) you can avoid situations like this. I'm kinda in the same boat with you with work and little funds but I have taken the time to listen to my buyers. I think you both are great individuals and would hope something can be worked out!
Again, I hope I didn't offend either one of you as I respect you both!  :hug:

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+522)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2013, 08:46:53 PM »
Thank you Sparkle and Fox.

I did offer to refund $10 and also allow her to keep the items and re-sell them, but that compromise was declined.

I will not publically post something that Fox sent me that offended me, as I'm sure we both have responded out of haste/anger in this situation.

I also sent the message the day before I shipped as I was packaging up the items (at least 18 hours in advance, but I know we don't all live on the Arena...) My big issue issue is that I really don't live close enough to a post office that is worth going everyday. I usually ship out once or twice a week. Don't get me wrong there are probably about 20 post offices within 20 miles of me, but International shipments take time at the post office- about a 20 minute wait (on a good day... usually much longer) then the teller takes their own sweet time typing the customs form (at least another 10-15 minutes- I can't believe it takes so long) multiply that by however many International packages I need to ship out. Then add the post office hours of operation 9-5 to my work hours of 11-8. That 2 hours cuts it close... The closest Post office is a 7 mile 1 way distance and from home. The PO To Work is a huge triangle with 3 sets of active train passages. This of course is no fault of anyone I sell to, just a huge inconvenience to me. Last month practically every road in my entire town got re-surfaced so traffic delays were added to my trouble... Two seasons- Winter & Construction!

Anyone who regularly works with me on Trading/ buying knows about my shipping delays and how long it takes me to get things in the mail- few people know the details behind it. International are especially time consuming.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2013, 08:54:43 PM »

I also sent the message the day before I shipped as I was packaging up the items (at least 18 hours in advance, but I know we don't all live on the Arena...) My big issue issue is that I really don't live close enough to a post office that is worth going everyday. I usually ship out once or twice a week. Don't get me wrong there are probably about 20 post offices within 20 miles of me, but International shipments take time at the post office- about a 20 minute wait (on a good day... usually much longer) then the teller takes their own sweet time typing the customs form (at least another 10-15 minutes- I can't believe it takes so long) multiply that by however many International packages I need to ship out. Then add the post office hours of operation 9-5 to my work hours of 11-8. That 2 hours cuts it close... The closest Post office is a 7 mile 1 way distance and from home. The PO To Work is a huge triangle with 3 sets of active train passages. This of course is no fault of anyone I sell to, just a huge inconvenience to me. Last month practically every road in my entire town got re-surfaced so traffic delays were added to my trouble... Two seasons- Winter & Construction!

I am confused about all these new shipping issues since they were not mentioned before.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 09:53:50 PM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2013, 09:51:39 PM »
If I may add in my two cents, it seems like waiting to make sure the item was right would've been worth a delay in shipping. At least, had I been the buyer, I would've preferred that. Plus, the damaged pamphlet is kind of major...

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2013, 10:09:45 PM »
If I may add in my two cents, it seems like waiting to make sure the item was right would've been worth a delay in shipping. At least, had I been the buyer, I would've preferred that. Plus, the damaged pamphlet is kind of major...

Yeah, I guess that is a good point to check them, but with pamphlets and other paper work being 30+ years old...those that have survived still amaze me! I personally don't mind imperfections, but who doesn't EVENTUALLY want to upgrade to a nice crisp pamphlet? Over the years I have begun to accept MINOR flaws- we age, so why do we expect ponies who are nearly the same age as most of us to remain perfect?

When I first started collecting I was at that point of desiring perfection myself, but now 3 years later I have grown to accept slight/ minor flaws, but I am still rather picky when it comes to chew, mold, regrind, frizzy hair & eye rubs...

Offline little.fox

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2013, 02:43:10 AM »
I did offer to refund $10 and also allow her to keep the items and re-sell them, but that compromise was declined.

I will not publically post something that Fox sent me that offended me, as I'm sure we both have responded out of haste/anger in this situation.

Your offer of a refund on the 19th was for $15, and I have NOT declined this, in fact I said that if you would issue that refund I would ship the problem items back to you out of my own pocket. I'm just waiting on the paypal notice to say the money is on the way.

I have not messaged you any personal attacks or angry words, I have tried my upmost to be civil about this, as I don't think there is any need to get nasty. This should have been an easy straightforward return & refund.

Yeah, I guess that is a good point to check them, but with pamphlets and other paper work being 30+ years old...those that have survived still amaze me! I personally don't mind imperfections, but who doesn't EVENTUALLY want to upgrade to a nice crisp pamphlet? Over the years I have begun to accept MINOR flaws- we age, so why do we expect ponies who are nearly the same age as most of us to remain perfect?

When I first started collecting I was at that point of desiring perfection myself, but now 3 years later I have grown to accept slight/ minor flaws, but I am still rather picky when it comes to chew, mold, regrind, frizzy hair & eye rubs...

Again, I have never expected G1 pamphlets to be pristine, but there is a long way from normal wear to a hole cut in one of the pages. That is not a minor flaw. Just because you personally don't mind issues like that in your collection, you're still obliged to represent your items accurately.

I feel that if you are having so much trouble with shipping, it should have been mentioned in the sales thread or in the initial contact. I for one would much rather have waited an extra week for shipping and avoided this situation.

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2013, 04:59:31 AM »

Your offer of a refund on the 19th was for $15, and I have NOT declined this, in fact I said that if you would issue that refund I would ship the problem items back to you out of my own pocket. I'm just waiting on the paypal notice to say the money is on the way.

The $15 was NOT my initial offer. The initial offer was for you to keep the items and receive a 50% refund for the pamphlet & 30% for the other items. Then in response to your suggested resolution (of returning everything & getting a full refund) I made the $15 offer, since there were items that you wanted to keep and were pleased with.

Offline little.fox

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2013, 05:45:58 AM »
The $15 was NOT my initial offer. The initial offer was for you to keep the items and receive a 50% refund for the pamphlet & 30% for the other items. Then in response to your suggested resolution (of returning everything & getting a full refund) I made the $15 offer, since there were items that you wanted to keep and were pleased with.

I never recieved an offer like that. You offered 50% off the pamphlet and %25 off the four combs, which would have made a total refund of $4,50.

Anyways, the $15 is on it's way and I will be mailing the items back to you, and I regard this matter as closed.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal