collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ebay seller sent MOCs crammed into a tiny box. :'(  (Read 4412 times)

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay seller sent MOCs crammed into a tiny box. :'(
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2012, 04:45:33 PM »
Um.......ok....... That did not happen in the shipping. The box looked fine to me. And no matter how hard you throw the box around them backs would not bend like that!!!!!! LOL  I am sorry hun about that.

Offline Brightglowpony

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2012, 05:26:31 PM »
Just wanted to provide a better photo so everyone can see just how much they were crammed into this box. 

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The cards measure about 10 inches tall and this is a 7x7x6 inch US priority box so there is is no possible way the cards could have been damaged in transit.  I should add that they were wedged in there so tightly, it took me a minute to even get them out.  They had been wrapped in plastic so it may be difficult to see the cards in the photos, but I can assure you, the cards are greatly damaged beyond repair. 

I don’t think Dollhands would mind if I shared this, but if I were to ship this box back to the seller, the actual postage is only $5.50. 

I’ve been buying ponies online since 1997, and I have never seen anything packaged so carelessly.  It upsets me, and I cannot fathom a logical explanation that this seller could have to justify how they sent these ponies. 

Dollhands, hats off to you for being so calm and collected in dealing with this.  However it gets resolved, big hugs :hug:
Wishlist
Thank you to Witch for my stunning avatar!

Offline Jordan

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2012, 05:31:56 PM »
I would be SO mad if I were you
Definitely contact the seller about that
Unacceptable

Dyzarktarzk

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2012, 09:08:54 PM »
Brightglow, with that pic is more obvious the intentional damage done to those poor cards =S

Offline dollhands

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Collection
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2012, 02:09:54 AM »
Thanks again everyone for your advice and sympathy, I appreciate it. :) And thank you Brightglow for the extra information and picture. I didn't realise the box was THAT small, jeez  :blink:

I'm not really sure what to do, it peeves me off that the seller lied making out like it was the postal services problem when they obviously did the damage themselves.

If I opened a case, what do I do about the refund already given? And would I have to send the ponies back? I think for $19 it's a good price for them loose, but I wanted them moc and if I'd seen them loose I probably wouldn't have bid. They're so damaged now they may as well be decarded. Man, it's such a hassle!

I was so excited about the ponies, especially Golden Light.  I've wanted her moc for awhile now.

Just going over the message they sent again, it's very contradictory. They said "Sorry about the disappointment and damage in transit. Next time I'll use a larger box, they went in as described." Doesn't make sense.

Anyway I'm kinda rambling now. Stupid, dishonest sellers.
=^x^=
~*~*~Wishlist~*~*~

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2012, 10:38:34 AM »
The only thing I can think of is if the cards were angled in the box. *makes a scale model to see in that's possible*

Okay, after looking through the USPS priority mail boxes, tha 7x7x6 is definitely the right size. The next size up is 10 inches long, so lnog enough to fit the cards flat.

Put into the box at an angle, if the cards are 10in, would look like this.

So they can be put into the box, but it's not possible to get them in without bending/forcing them them in there. What the Seller means to say is "They were in the condition lidted when you won the auction, and when they were placed in the box, but once I closed the lid, they were no longer in the condition listed."
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 01:27:20 PM by NoDivision »

Dyzarktarzk

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2012, 02:53:15 PM »
dollhands, the other option will be to sell them here in the arena, either loose or with the damaged card.

If going this way, I'll be interested in damaged card Golden Light.

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2012, 09:50:37 PM »
Dollhands, so sorry this happened to you!  :hug:

Offline Like A Tea Spoon

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Yellow Pony Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2012, 03:55:55 AM »
Just going over the message they sent again, it's very contradictory. They said "Sorry about the disappointment and damage in transit. Next time I'll use a larger box, they went in as described." Doesn't make sense.

Seriously? Next time I'll use a larger box? Damage in transit? No. You damaged them forcing them into a way too small box.

How about - Next time I'll use some common sense and not be a total tool about it. Yes, I knew using the wrong size box would damage the Mint On Card condition but it's Eeeeeebaaaayyy = You lose!

I''d be a jerk and use their reply in the feedback so everyone else can witness this sellers total lack of respect when it comes to mint in package collectors items.  :mad:
Avvie By Watercolors

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2012, 04:06:43 PM »
Hey there, you make the decision if you want to keep them or return them for a full refund. But then you will be out of the return shipping. It's up to you. Personally, you can probably resell them for more than 19 dollars. Keep them in the packaging though.

Now, for feedback, definitely leave appropriate feedback no matter what you choose to do. This seller is, ah, not so bright I guess? Sorry, I want to use many other words but I don't think I'm allowed.

Not only did she ruin your purchase, but she ruined two perfectly nice moc ponies. Ughhh, you really need to give her a 1 star in the shipping quality category and warn other buyers. This is a horrible practice.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2012, 11:50:19 PM »
Well I guess a preschool lesson in spatial reasoning skills is needed for this seller.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline dollhands

• Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Collection
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2012, 03:01:23 AM »
I'm thinking I'm going to just take the partial refund and leave it at that, if I open a case now it'll just be a pain in the butt what with sending them back etc. Kinda over it at this stage. Most likely will keep the ponies and de-card them. If not I'll let you know Dyzarktarzk.

When leaving feedback and mentioning what happened, should I leave a neutral? Also I'll def put one star for shipping.

Haha yeah totally, Tulagirl. What an idiot seller!

Thanks everyone! :)
=^x^=
~*~*~Wishlist~*~*~

Offline WildBlue

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Possibly maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2012, 03:15:08 AM »
 :shocked:
This is just my opinion, the looks of the situation to me seems like someone was trying to pinch pennies. I would think that if it happened during shipping the box itself would be damaged somehow, not just the product inside the box.

Another thing, "Seller assumes all responsibility for this listing."
and they advertise them as "undamaged".... I would be livid. I am sad looking at those pictures....  :enraged:

Offline dollhands

• Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Collection
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2012, 03:28:10 AM »
I got that feeling too, since they shipped in a tiny box so as to make money off of the shipping. :( Yeah it's sad, the cards used to be so minty. :/ Maybe I should leave a negative? Man I don't know.
=^x^=
~*~*~Wishlist~*~*~

Offline WildBlue

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Possibly maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2012, 03:56:25 AM »
I got that feeling too, since they shipped in a tiny box so as to make money off of the shipping. :( Yeah it's sad, the cards used to be so minty. :/ Maybe I should leave a negative? Man I don't know.

I would because I expect to get what I pay for. I would write something such as "Not received in new, undamaged condition as described." Maybe add something about the refund as a plus side.
Even IF, and that is a big if, it happened in shipping the problem is the sellers problem to deal with. Its their post office and hopefully, if it happened in shipping, they went down there and made a complaint about the handling.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal