collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: When is a Neutral Okay?  (Read 1002 times)

KiwiSquirtBottle

• Trade Count: (0)
When is a Neutral Okay?
« on: April 15, 2012, 07:25:40 AM »
When everything's gone well, a positive feedback is the best route to go.
When nothing's gone right, your partner's fallen off the face of the earth, etc, a negative is the way to go.

But sometimes an experience is just.... Blah. Yes, it all works out in the end, eventually, and maybe you get that partial refund, or a full refund, or something gets lost in the mail. Communication has been hit or miss.... Do you leave neutral feedback? Since you got your money back/etc do you leave a positive feedback and make note of your experience?

Mostly I'm talking more about here on the Arena vs eBay (as there you may get in trouble for "false" positives) but really in general.... When would a neutral be deserved over a positive or negative, in your opinion?

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: When is a Neutral Okay?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 10:19:19 AM »
Anytime it takes a long time to get your items. Sure you finally got them and didn't get scammed but I think a neutral is in order.

Edit to say: Obviously I'm not talking about slow post. I'm talking about when the seller keeps having excuses as to why she didn't get the pony in the mail yet.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 10:34:25 AM by RockinPrettyBeats »

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 11:40:56 AM »
It depends on each situation--- but it really depends on communication.

For instance, if something happens in the the sellers life and they keep me updated, I'm am totally ok with long delays. But it's taking long and they don't tell me why, and I have to pester them, or send them pms about the situation... or if they lie about the post date (I had someone send something 2 weeks after they claimed they sent it)... etc etc. not ok.

If something doesn't work out with the sale, and the seller is quick admit any fault and/or quick to refund... thats fine too. If something is wrong with the sale, and it's really a pain and drawn out, and frustrating, and needs a bunch of pms, they are slow to reply or fix the issue.... then that's not ok.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 04:39:22 PM »
I have to agree with Bandit. :)

I feel if my seller has gone through great lengths to keep me informed whether it be late shipping, a partial refund, lost package etc. that a neutral is not warrented.  There are circumstances that arise that are beyond our control sometimes.  And I always make sure I take that into account when leaving feedback if I feel they are being genuine in this situation.

Now I feel a neutral is warrented if they waited weeks to ship/give a refund/etc and their communication skills where less than par during the transaction.  Sure you got the item etc. but it shouldn't be a hassel to do so.  And in this case when I left feedback I would simply say although everything worked out in the end the communication was poor and overall you didn't feel it was a postive experience.

And we all know when to pretty much leave negative...... ;)
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 07:06:05 PM »
bandit and Ponylady pretty much covered it  so I dont think I need to add anything else ATM (unless I think of something later )  :)  :good:   communication plays a big part, and so does how a person handles any problems that may arise. 

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 09:56:07 AM »
Yes I agree with the others. Communication issues on top of an unsatisfactory transaction that resulted in a refund is adequate reason to leave a neutral.

Dyzarktarzk

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 01:40:48 PM »
Communication decides on me for leaving a neutral.

Only have left a neutral, and was seriously considering leaving a negative.  I have to send a lot of mails to the seller with no answer from him (a week after the purchase, I know it's not that much time, but if he had told me he got something, I'll say nothing), send a lot of emails asking for my package and no word... until I opened a case against him (put the ponies finally), and when received them, they were throw up in a package with nothing to protect them!  I was really angry at him.  But decided to leave neutral in the end.

And a positive I'm thinking I should have just leave a negative...  a seller stating a G2 have both eye jewels and a MOC pony, asked to protect the MOC and he told me he will.  Receive the package...  the MOC was only in plastic bags with nothing else!  And G2 was missing a jewel.  I was angry.  But given that ML does not accept a 'misrepresent' item cases ¬¬X  And still waiting a response from him...

With him was positive but stating he misrepresent item and needs better care on package.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 01:42:40 PM by Dyzarktarzk »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal