collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Coronavirus info, facts & updates  (Read 21035 times)

Offline Aeryala

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Coronavirus info, facts & updates
« Reply #255 on: March 21, 2020, 11:34:12 AM »
Community spread has begun here in southern Ontario, but they are only testing elderly people and health care workers so it's impossible to know any sort of real numbers.  Nothing new has shut down that I'm aware of.  Public transportation is still operating but it's free and you have to get on at the back of the bus, to protect the drivers.  Grocery stores are busy, and still completely out of toilet paper, sanitizer, alcohol, cleaners, and now the flour shelves are empty too. 

The paint store where I work is still open, but we have signs up trying to get people to call/email orders in for curbside pickup. We had to lock the door because everyone was ignoring the signs though.. and then my manager kept letting people into the store anyway.  The number of people who were annoyed at the inconvenience is enraging.  One painter actually told us, "this virus is the best thing that ever happened to me.  There's no traffic on the highway, and business has never been better!"  He also seems to think that in a week or two this will all be over and we'll be laughing about how paranoid everyone is being - and from the number of people who think it's their right to come into a locked store during a pandemic because they NEED to look at paint colors, there are a lot of folks in town with mindsets like his.

Many people in my city are going about their business like nothing is wrong.  Yesterday a trio of women got on the bus with two babies, MUCH too close to me - they were taking advantage of the free ride to go out for a snacks and sodas (meanwhile casually touching everything on the bus).   

As far as I'm concerned, too many local people are being dangerously careless, and I wish I could just hole up at home and wait it out.  I don't know if I can stop going to work without losing my job though, and I need to have that job at the end of this.  Crossing my fingers that they decide to close before I have to go back on Monday.

Stay safe, everyone.

Offline lonewolf

• Scribbles Pony
  • Lyra the dance master
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart account
« Reply #256 on: March 21, 2020, 12:46:56 PM »
What a difference a day makes. My state is now up to 55 cases, and a 2nd death. Again the death was in Johnson county, and they now account for 24 of the confirmed cases, with 13 in neighboring Wyandotte co.

At this rate I expect the Kansas City area to come under lockdown soon.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I'm the D to the E to the --- and no filly's got the moves like my big wall eyes. I'm De---licious.
Listen to this song while watching my sig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTi11bFNdMs :P

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #257 on: March 21, 2020, 12:50:48 PM »
First death recorded for my area at the local hospital - but apparently it happened some days ago and they have just announced it...which is unhelpful and a little bit frightening.

Person had apparently 'serious' underlying health conditions.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline brightberry

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 21, 2020, 02:38:07 PM »
Austin, TX Phase 5: Sustained Person-to-Person Spread in the Community

So many business’s are shut down right now. I’ve been isolated with my brother and husband.  My husband and I work from home.  But my brother has to leave every morning as his job is in a facility that keeps the city running.  Fortunately, he mostly works alone.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 21, 2020, 02:38:48 PM »
My area has started testing so numbers of confirmed cases are starting to go up. We have jumped from 8 cases to 11 in a couple of hours. My city is telling people not to be tested unless they are showing symptoms.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline lonewolf

• Scribbles Pony
  • Lyra the dance master
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart account

I'm the D to the E to the --- and no filly's got the moves like my big wall eyes. I'm De---licious.
Listen to this song while watching my sig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTi11bFNdMs :P

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 21, 2020, 04:38:26 PM »
Please continue the conversation in the new weekly thread.
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,398198.new.html

Locking this one.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal