collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?  (Read 65431 times)

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
Re: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?
« Reply #480 on: November 27, 2022, 11:58:02 AM »
A TON of chores in the main shopping town. Got stuff donated, stuff recycled (like water filters that need special pickup points), picked up some extra stuff and the only thing I didn't get was display pouches for work. 5 stores and none of them had them, just punch pockets  :mad: exhausted after that!!!

Tomorrow I have the gas man, garden company and housing people in to inspect stuff. The gas man is a paaaaaaaiiiiiiiin as the mains is behind my manga bookshelf ... I need to empty and move it!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline Rainlove The Pegasus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: November 27, 2022, 01:33:47 PM »
Today, I am cleaning my room and self up from yesterday's head cold that made me not function well.
Rainlove
The
Pegasus

Sig by Starscout!

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: November 27, 2022, 03:09:19 PM »
HoM, you probably should see a doctor. Maybe your thyroid is underactive? Or you have chronic fatigue syndrome. I have that, there's a test they do where they find the virus that causes it. I was surprised at first but then it made sense. There are a lot of things that can make you tired, I think vitamin deficiencies can cause it too. I hope you can go to the doctor and find out what's wrong :heart:

PBW, thanks :hug: Today I'm going to try a heating pad on my neck and shoulders to try and relieve some of the tension from stress. That's another thing, I'm not only tired but in pain all the time.

I DID actually get myself to make something last night. Wool cat toys! I made four different kinds out of different wools. I'm thinking I can sell them in my shop if they stand up to the cat test. I'm going to ask my friend who has 4 cats, including a kitten, to test them out. I think cats would really like them because the wool has scents on it from the sheep, and different wools smell differently. I've also been watching a lot of videos about making your own dollhouse dishes. I want to try that too... but one thing at a time. I hate saying I'm going to work on something and then not do it, so, I will say I'd like to and leave it at that.

I was able to get groceries since I sold some things the other day. I'm going to make fresh sub sandwiches :)

Yeh, I also suspect that it might be due to my thyroid failing. I do have medication, but I think the dosage is too low. When I had a gastroscopy, the doctor who performed it was of the opinion that the dose should be higher. I'm going to book myself a doctor's appointment tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest. I am trying to get an appointment with a different doctor than the one who has examined me before. I'm also going to make an appointment for blood tests.
In addition to hypothyroidism, I also have things in my life that cause anxiety. It's no fun when these two get to mess with my head.  :cry:

Wool cat toys are certainly nice! :) My boys could love those! Especially Hector! He is the kind of wild cat that loves real natural smells and real meat.  :lol:

I managed to change the Christmas curtains in the second room downstairs on Sunday evening.
:zzz:

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #483 on: November 27, 2022, 10:08:40 PM »
I DID actually get myself to make something last night. Wool cat toys! I made four different kinds out of different wools. I'm thinking I can sell them in my shop if they stand up to the cat test. I'm going to ask my friend who has 4 cats, including a kitten, to test them out. I think cats would really like them because the wool has scents on it from the sheep, and different wools smell differently.

They sounds really interesting, it's good that you know a few other cats to test them out on.  Should be fun.

I'm off to work in a bit. I slept fairly well last night but husband wasn't too great. Maybe he slept too long in the afternoon and we ate dinner too late. I did some painting of skirting boards yesterday, always a pain to work up to doing it, but satisfying when done.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Online Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: November 28, 2022, 10:05:54 PM »
BC the cat toys sound fun!!! And heat pads somehow work well for pain relief. You can get Warmies, which are plushies you heat in the microwave for a minute. I found a sharky one heehee!!!
Artie good on you getting the nasty job out of the way!!!
HOM thyroid issues are no joke!!! Take care of yourself & keep talking to your doc xxx
Frostbite you busy lady!!!

As for me, the last bits of the current knitting project are knitted yaiy!!! Just the sewing to do. The sharky bathroom tissue holder arrived & I got it fitted up. It has plenty of room for what it's meant to do which is awesome!!! It also had a helpful guide sticker to show where the screws go in.
I made the biccies & they're great!!! I also got my messages ordered for Wednesday night, including a choccy swiss roll I can freeze & defrost for Christmas (the one cake I can't make as it needs a wide tray & wide oven). Also wrote down the biccie recipe.
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #485 on: November 28, 2022, 11:05:15 PM »
@PBW of course you found a sharky one! My Mum has lavender pillows that she heats up in the microwave. Do you have a recipe book that you write in? I'm on my second one.

I just woke up so I had a pretty good run. I will have some breakfast and go up to work in a bit.

@HoM I also got some new curtains, kind of festive but will leave them up afterwards. They are linen effect voile curtains with pompoms all around the outside. I think they will soften the windows and add some privacy over the season.

:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #486 on: November 29, 2022, 06:08:43 AM »
PBW and HoM - Thanks! I still need to order the tails for my wool "mice" (they're just rolls about the length of a finger). I decided to go with natural jute, rooster feathers and wool yarn. Not all on the same mouse, but I wanted a variety of tails to appeal to a variety of kitties :)

I made more stuff yesterday! I made miniature dinner plates! I'll post them in A&C.

Today I want to work on more miniatures. I watched tutorials for how to make books. I think it'd be neat to turn my books into mini books :lol: They were never published, so I'll publish them myself in tiny form.

I need to put my curtains up too. I bought them a long time ago, but I don't have rods. No, they aren't black :lol: For the living room, they're sheer beige and brown gradient with brown zebra stripes at the top and leopard print at the bottom. They're very pretty, trust me :P In the bedroom I got orange to blue sheer panels. Though I can't say my bedroom is very orange right now. Whenever I get my ponies up that will change.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Online Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: November 30, 2022, 05:43:41 AM »
My eyes were tired yesterday, so no thread sewing. Did the yarn sewing, but still to add the finicky bits, which need thread...
Had coffee & picked up a couple of things. Got my online shop done yaiy!!! It's due tonight & my bags are ready to pick it up.
I had a rather fun PM to reply to!!! (watch this space) I also topped up my electricity. That will be regular now as it's getting cold...
Will see if I can get finicky stuff done today at all...

BC yaiy on making more stuff!!! Shame your hands can no longer prep baits though...
Artie I don't have a book set aside for that. Maybe I should??? I'm just using paper scraps for now as I currently have a few I like
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #488 on: November 30, 2022, 06:28:17 AM »
ugh i have to deal with drama at work today. i'm just frustrated with certain people and situations at this point.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #489 on: November 30, 2022, 10:40:10 AM »
My eyes were tired yesterday, so no thread sewing. Did the yarn sewing, but still to add the finicky bits, which need thread...
Had coffee & picked up a couple of things. Got my online shop done yaiy!!! It's due tonight & my bags are ready to pick it up.
I had a rather fun PM to reply to!!! (watch this space) I also topped up my electricity. That will be regular now as it's getting cold...
Will see if I can get finicky stuff done today at all...

BC yaiy on making more stuff!!! Shame your hands can no longer prep baits though...
Artie I don't have a book set aside for that. Maybe I should??? I'm just using paper scraps for now as I currently have a few I like

I really love having a book. I get these leather bound notebooks in TK Maxx. I usually start with scrap paper and if it's a winner it goes down in the book. I leave space for a contents page or pages in the front, leave space for an index at the back when I've filled in the book.

@Beth  -_- I know how that goes. Quick, book another holiday before the last one wears off!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #490 on: November 30, 2022, 01:40:57 PM »
You guys write stuff down old school? I just print recipes from the internet and make notes on adjustments and whatnot. Tonight I made smoky mac and cheese with chipotle peppers and ancho chillies. The cheese I used was smoked gouda and sharp cheddar. It called for a lot of heavy cream too. It was good! But i don't think I'll make it again, it was an awful lot of work.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #491 on: November 30, 2022, 05:53:01 PM »
@Artie i scheduled Christmas break a couple of weeks ago :) hopefully things will calm down by then. today wasn't as bad as i feared but still stressful. TIL TJ Maxx is called TK Maxx in the UK. does TK and TJ stand for something or did they just pick the next letter? Wikipedia didn't have an answer.

@BC that mac and cheese sounds delicious.

lately i get a lot of recipes from a handful of youtube channels. i also have quite a recipes that i make from memory. i've tried a few times to make a binder with recipes but i never follow through. i tend to make recipes a few times and get burned out.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #492 on: December 01, 2022, 02:55:11 AM »
I've been trying to transfer all the old family recipes written on index cards into my computer. I'm a third of the way done. There are recipes from both my grandmothers, my mom and then ones saved from magazines and whatnot.

--

Yesterday I got a bunch done art wise! I got some more miniatures made and painted two ponies. If I could just get the heads off the other two. I tried boiling them and that didn't help. I know a friend of mine would boil and then literally step on the heads to crack the glue. Maybe I'll try that. They're all G3s, so... very hard to remove. Anyway, I plan on finishing the two ponies I painted and make more minis. I'd like to start a new felting project and finish my cat toys but I need true white wool (I have lots of natural "white" which is more off white) and wool yarn, both witch I need to order. It really sucks too, because the shops were having Cyber Monday sales and I could have gotten my order for like 10 bucks less if I'd had money. I considered asking my mom if she'd let me use her card, but she's told me in the past, "we give you money for bills not your hobbies"... even though, I mean, I usually have around 250 left to get whatever and I usually buy crafting stuff so :P

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Online Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: December 01, 2022, 01:26:28 PM »
The reason I write stuff down is so that 1: I have it offline if the internet goes down, & 2: I need a new scanner/printer anyway, plus if I cheap it out the ink will cost a bomb. Everybody's talking about tank printers & I think they sound cool, so long as the ink doesn't dry up in two days...
BC good on you with the art stuff!!! And maybe tell your mother how important your hobbies are to your well-being (whether or not she'll listen is her choice & it sounds like she won't. I think your dad needs help talking to her but you already are talking to her xxx) xxx I'd make my own macaroni cheese but I can't make sauce for the life of me!!!
Beth you have work as well as other time commitments, so of course you can't do days of non-stop cooking. maybe try a recipe every week or so to space it out xxx Also here's hoping the drama sorts itself out xxx
Artie that sounds so organised!!! Not a fan of leather, but I do have some notebooks lying about. Will see if one of them will do. if not, a new one can't be too pricy...

As for me, yesterday was one of those days when I got everything done... EXCEPT the thing I was planning to do!!! The food from Tescos came & I sorted that, I looked for what I needed & some had gone missing, I sorted out whole areas to try finding it all (still missing two things I may have to remake), I vacuumed the areas because they were so dusty!!! I bagged up some gear which needed bagged up to sort it. I found my festive wear box!!! Complete with deer antlers & several festive hats!!! I did a couple of things online too...  :biggrin: And after all that I felt so tired I crashed out until a few hours ago. Then after breakfast I spent those few hours putting up my tree & adding my new LED lights, as well as sorting out the contents of a newly-arrived package. Just chilling now as I go online. I may have to flannel down & wash my hair as I'm all sweaty & sticky...

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #494 on: December 01, 2022, 01:38:30 PM »
@BC Yeah, I think I write stuff down because the act of writing somehow cements a practical task in my brain, like a kind of rehearsal or evaluation. I'm also used to using a lab book for my tinkerings at work and it all has to be sytemised to keep track of about 15 different projects, hence why a contents section at the front and then I index everything at the back alphabetically when the book is full. I recently noticed a job description that mentioned 'use of digital lab book' recently, so I guess times are changing.

@PBW I love the sound of your festive wear box. I'm sure a festive hat will look better with clean hair too

@Beth I had no idea! I bet it's just a quick thing with not much thought in it.The shops have zero personality but I knd of like that because I can focus more on all the bewildering variety of stuff in there. We were just discussing tonight actually that we've got to the end of our interest in a few things we used to make really regularly. But there will be things in the book that we used to enjoy in the past and could probably go back to for a bit. Sometimes I forget to take in the change of seasons too.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal