collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?  (Read 65515 times)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?
« Reply #465 on: November 23, 2022, 01:55:51 PM »
I hardly ever use bleach. My fingers just peel.
Frostbite get well soon xxx
Artie, as long as you know your limits it's all good xxx

back to complex knitting. Had a visitor too. She was a new one & doesn't operate like the ones before, who when I said I had stuff to take away would stuff it in their boots & take it to drop off. To me that's a bit weird, but whatever.
Then I slept for ages again.
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #466 on: November 24, 2022, 12:20:20 AM »
Man, I'm out of whack :blink:

I'm out of one of my medicines, the one for ADHD. It helps me focus and gives me energy. I've been without it for about four days, I think. I've been super tired the last two days. One day I just slept on and off, yesterday I slept in three hours, which is not like me at all, then later I took a four hour nap. I've been off of soda for a while but I ordered some Dr. Pepper and a couple espresso drinks (even though caffeine doesn't work very well for me, sometimes I can catch a buzz after two Peppers or if I have like 8 espresso shots). So today, I was really tired again. I had a smoothie for breakfast (back on them finally), and had some sparkling water to drink. It wasn't until about noon that I had a Dr. Pepper and then an iced coffee. At around 6pm, I perked up. I was awake and energized and stayed up until 11:30 (my bedtime is usually 8-9pm). I didn't sleep very well and woke up at 2am and now I'm awake. My eyes are tired, but my brain is like 'Party Time! :cheese: '

I'm blaming being out of that med, is my point. And I don't know why it took 6 hours for the caffeine to take effect. Unless it wasn't the caffeine at all. I dunno. Weird.

Anyway, I'm still having troubles getting into an art groove, or any kind of mode at all. I decided to make a quick, fun custom for myself to try and kickstart my mojo. I need to prep the bait though, in fact I have four ponies who need to be prepped, all G3. Ugh.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: November 24, 2022, 12:47:52 AM »
Slept the day away and now its 4 AM and wide awake.

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #468 on: November 24, 2022, 05:42:07 AM »
cooking today. it's thanksgiving and my turkey is still pretty frozen :( trying to get it thawed out and in the oven soon. everything else except the cranberry sauce is done at least.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #469 on: November 25, 2022, 05:04:16 AM »
Still without my ADHD med, but I'm not so tired-hyper-tired. I got up at 6 which is more normal.

I'd like to prep the rest of these baits and get started on one today, but my hands are just killing me. I slept with braces on last night, I found one that fit my left hand though it's a bit worn out. Also it's covered in pill balls and I don't know where my clothes shaver is :pout:

Aster and I played for a while last night :D She's getting used to me throwing toys in the air finally and doesn't think it's something horrible coming toward her. On the 23rd it was one month since I've had her. I didn't realize it until today though. Right now she's chirping at the birds out the window.

I need to do laundry today and change the sheets again. I have to use these straps to keep the fitted sheet on the bed. I don't know how I manage to pull it off the corners every time, but I do. Anyway, when I changed them last time I only used straps on the top corners, and the bottom far corner came off. So now they are all bunched up and annoying to sleep on. I should take a shower too. Fresh body, fresh clothes, fresh sheets = bliss :heart:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: November 25, 2022, 05:15:26 AM »
BC I hope you get your meds & your hands sorted xxx
Beth I hope that food gets sorted too xxx

As for me, my other fingers are going peely too. But a wander onto a Reddit thread revealed that using moisturiser is meant to help, so when I found some I started using it. Going to keep using it when I can. Did a bit more knitting, with care of my peely fingers, which get tender after peeling, so had to go more slowly. Got the Rosie package in, so can dress a few more G2s yaiy!!! Problem is, it's noticeably cold in the bedroom now. At night I'm in a sleeping bag, under a big duvet, & snuggled into Bakana, so that helps. But when I'm there during the day it's brr!!! The thing is, it will get worse down there...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #471 on: November 25, 2022, 08:32:11 AM »
Got sick the day before Thanksgiving but still had a very nice one with my  husband at home yesterday. Today I am still feeling sick and miserable so off work again and just going to do fun relaxing things.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #472 on: November 25, 2022, 01:07:45 PM »
Slept the day away and now its 4 AM and wide awake.

I just did this with my evening. However it was kind of a bit strategic. A battle was likely over something but I just couldn't face getting stressed today and ruining my weekend. So I had a huge milkshake and then went to sleep after I got home from work at 5pm. According to the consultant my heart is actually slightly under-powered at the moment. Possibly due to my age it hasn't expanded quite as much as it should in a normal pregnancy to cope with the extra work needed. By the time I get up tomorrow OH will be at work and I can spend my Saturday hopefully trying to enjoy writing Christmas cards and posting them instead of being upset after a fight. He acts up every few weeks because he's a bit disfunctional. I've tried to help him with things a lot in the past but that involves bringing up his behaviour and right now I just need to opt out of it. The problem with opting out though is that no one else is around to support me. I feel like I could do with a bit of emotional support at the moment. However, I have spent a lot of solitary time in the past though so I'm used to it and will hopefully benefit from the rest and be able to stay in a good mindframe. @BC it sounds as though you're having a better time with your rescue cat than I'm having with my rescue husband at the moment. Well done! P.S. the good news is the baby turned back upside down again so a caesarean section is less likely to be needed. I'm 34 weeks now.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #473 on: November 25, 2022, 07:44:58 PM »
@Artie take it easy :) i'm glad the baby turned back upside down. :hug: sending good thoughts to you. :hug:
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #474 on: November 26, 2022, 07:59:42 AM »
@Artie take it easy :) i'm glad the baby turned back upside down. :hug: sending good thoughts to you. :hug:

Awh, thank you :hug: those are very nice hugs. Much appreciated.

I thought it would to be honest, it seems to be doing somersaults all the time and has been for a few months. RH is putting blinds up, I just heard a clatter from downstairs, and then the drill... So I'm hiding with a tin of apricots (and a fork) and watching Classic Mary Berry. If putting him in purgatory is motivating him to do DIY then I might as well leave him there. There is loads to do and I can't really contribute in my current condition.

How did you get on with your turkey in the end? I hope you had a nice quiet and festive day. I love cranberry sauce but I've never made it from scratch. They don't grow wild around here so I tend to buy it.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #475 on: November 26, 2022, 09:27:57 AM »
Depression is dumb :(

I'm all set to work on art of some kind, but I just.... can't.... do it. Why? I've got the motivation in my brain. I've been sitting here at a nice clean desk, I even put down fresh contact paper on my work space but I keep telling myself 'I have to do this first' and 'I should do this now' and doing everything but art and somehow at the same time not doing anything at all. This is really frustrating. And it's like, just do it. Just get out some clay and make a thing. Just boil those ponies and rip their heads off. Just take out some wool and stab it into something. I'm not lacking in options! But there's this invisible wall around my stuff... and I can't get around it. Even right this moment, I'm telling myself, stop typing this and do something.

I see my therapist on the 30th. I hope to break this before I talk to her but I'm curious what she would say about it.

I wonder.... you know I've been planning to make things to sell on Etsy. I wonder if I'm afraid of success? Not failure... I'm used to that. But what if my shop gets a lot of buyers? Will I be able to keep up with it? Will my clay creations be sturdy enough? Will my wool creations hold up? Will my custom ponies go sticky over time?  -_-

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: November 26, 2022, 02:55:22 PM »
today I went to a local flea/thrift store to see if I could find anything interesting.  Nope.

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: November 26, 2022, 06:08:33 PM »
Depression is dumb :(

I'm all set to work on art of some kind, but I just.... can't.... do it. Why? I've got the motivation in my brain. I've been sitting here at a nice clean desk, I even put down fresh contact paper on my work space but I keep telling myself 'I have to do this first' and 'I should do this now' and doing everything but art and somehow at the same time not doing anything at all. This is really frustrating. And it's like, just do it. Just get out some clay and make a thing. Just boil those ponies and rip their heads off. Just take out some wool and stab it into something. I'm not lacking in options! But there's this invisible wall around my stuff... and I can't get around it. Even right this moment, I'm telling myself, stop typing this and do something.

This is exactly the same thing as what seems to be bothering me too!  :blink:
I'm really tired. I would have so much to do and my head is full of ideas, but for some reason I can't do anything at all. I'm just sitting at the computer writing here or I'm sleeping or I'm just sitting anxiously at my desk!  :unsure: Maybe it's time for me to go to the doctor instead of just sitting and wondering how I feel... My husband is already getting nervous when I complain about being tired all the time.  :rolleyes:  -_-

At least I managed to find the red curtains in the living room during the day on Saturday. They were clean in the upstairs closet, waiting for the coming Christmas. I also managed to put a small plastic Christmas tree in the upstairs bedroom. (It has a light chain that works on batteries.) Even after these chores, I was completely exhausted. The rest of the day was spent sitting and sighing.  :(
:zzz:

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: November 27, 2022, 04:39:03 AM »
Seems like everybody's tired, & it's understandable, Artie, you're pregnant so obviously the baby comes first, then you as you're carrying the baby, so avoiding conflict is the best thing xxx
BC, you've had so much stress lately it's bound to affect you & you WILL feel tired. You need to recover from emotional effort as much as from physical, & it DOES wear you out. I think depression is when your body says it's dealt with enough emotional rubbish cheers xxx
Everybody else, it's getting colder & darker (I don't see a Southern hemisphere poster here so I know that's true), & whether we admit it or not, it does affect our days & our rhythms. SAD is when it does it enough to have a major impact, but minor ones can't be disregarded either xxx
Koudowaia, get well soon xxx
Gator it's the luck of the draw; some days you find some good stuff, some days you don't. It's half the fun & makes the good days better xxx

Got two more little knitting projects to do today, then it's just the thread sewing. I took the next lot of G2s up to the living room to dress. One still needs a skirt but it's on order. My dried onion arrived!!! So we're good there. Will have to stuck up from Tesco soon... I also need to make more biscuits & write that recipe down so it's on hand. Got my dishes done & had a pizza for dinner (why do I love my home-made pizzas???) And I'm doing a lot of crashing out too xxx

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #479 on: November 27, 2022, 05:36:05 AM »
HoM, you probably should see a doctor. Maybe your thyroid is underactive? Or you have chronic fatigue syndrome. I have that, there's a test they do where they find the virus that causes it. I was surprised at first but then it made sense. There are a lot of things that can make you tired, I think vitamin deficiencies can cause it too. I hope you can go to the doctor and find out what's wrong :heart:

PBW, thanks :hug: Today I'm going to try a heating pad on my neck and shoulders to try and relieve some of the tension from stress. That's another thing, I'm not only tired but in pain all the time.

I DID actually get myself to make something last night. Wool cat toys! I made four different kinds out of different wools. I'm thinking I can sell them in my shop if they stand up to the cat test. I'm going to ask my friend who has 4 cats, including a kitten, to test them out. I think cats would really like them because the wool has scents on it from the sheep, and different wools smell differently. I've also been watching a lot of videos about making your own dollhouse dishes. I want to try that too... but one thing at a time. I hate saying I'm going to work on something and then not do it, so, I will say I'd like to and leave it at that.

I was able to get groceries since I sold some things the other day. I'm going to make fresh sub sandwiches :)

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal