collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I need some personal answers with my collection and organizing it...  (Read 231 times)

Offline Rainlove The Pegasus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
Hey every-pony! I am currently trying to organize my pony collection. I currently have most/almost all my ponies on a 2 row wide plastic drawer thing and it takes up a lot of space when not in my closet. I am trying to organize my room again and would like some assistance on where to put the organizer thing. It fits amazing in my closet but I kind of want it out so if I need to access the collection quicker then I can. I also have my squishmallow collection in my closet. What should I do?  :(

Reference:
https://postimg.cc/WFRyYvCT
« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 08:01:08 PM by Rainlove The Pegasus »
Rainlove
The
Pegasus
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout!

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: I need some personal answers with my collection and organizing it...
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2022, 06:54:49 PM »
A photo of the drawer thing might help?  I think I know what you are talking about but I'm not sure. 

If floor space is an issue I wonder if you could put up a simple, long shelf on one of your walls?  I don't think it would hold the drawer thing, but you could line up your ponies along it.  My sister has one at her place made out of a board and a couple of brackets and it looks great for display.  The downside is that it does collect dust.
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2022, 06:59:02 PM »
Hey every-pony! I am currently trying to organize my pony collection. I currently have most/almost all my ponies on a 2 row wide plastic drawer thing and it takes up a lot of space when not in my closet. I am trying to organize my room again and would like some assistance on where to put the organizer thing. It fits amazing in my closet but I kind of want it out so if I need to access the collection quicker then I can. I also have my squishmallow collection in my closet. What should I do?  :(

Reference:
https://postimg.cc/WFRyYvCT
Reference photo is up!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 07:03:15 PM by Rainlove The Pegasus »
Rainlove
The
Pegasus

Sig by Starscout!

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2022, 08:54:03 PM »
Hmmm how attached are you to the organizer? I agree with SunPony that a wall shelf would be awesome if you are able to put one up! They save space and allow you to see all your ponies at once! :)

If that is not an option, that organizer probably doesn’t come apart right? I wondered if slimmer organizers could possibly slide under a bed? That way they are out of sight but still accessible?

Without knowing the layout of the room you are working with it is hard to say where your current organizer may fit. To be honest the spot you have it in for the picture looks pretty decent!

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline toyjunky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2022, 12:16:48 AM »
Maybe a combination. Small bookcase or shelf next to the wall there and the rest in the organizer in the closet. You can always rotate what you have out on display. You can get some narrow shelves or bookcases at Walmart or Target or of course Ikea. Just depends on what you have close to you, what you want to spend and how you want to use your space. We have two different small ones in our office. One small bookcase is 25" wide x 12" deep x 31" high (had to fit under the window ledge). Next to it we have a slightly smaller Ikea Besta Frame (narrow version) which is about 23 1/2" wide x 8" deep x 25" high that I have designed as another shelving unit.

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2022, 12:20:18 PM »
Hmmm how attached are you to the organizer? I agree with SunPony that a wall shelf would be awesome if you are able to put one up! They save space and allow you to see all your ponies at once! :)

If that is not an option, that organizer probably doesn’t come apart right? I wondered if slimmer organizers could possibly slide under a bed? That way they are out of sight but still accessible?

Without knowing the layout of the room you are working with it is hard to say where your current organizer may fit. To be honest the spot you have it in for the picture looks pretty decent!
Oh, thanks. The only problem with it in front of my door is that it doesn't open all the way. I am moving it to its original spot today.

Post Merge: August 10, 2022, 12:20:57 PM

Maybe a combination. Small bookcase or shelf next to the wall there and the rest in the organizer in the closet. You can always rotate what you have out on display. You can get some narrow shelves or bookcases at Walmart or Target or of course Ikea. Just depends on what you have close to you, what you want to spend and how you want to use your space. We have two different small ones in our office. One small bookcase is 25" wide x 12" deep x 31" high (had to fit under the window ledge). Next to it we have a slightly smaller Ikea Besta Frame (narrow version) which is about 23 1/2" wide x 8" deep x 25" high that I have designed as another shelving unit.
Thank you! Ill keep this in mind down the road when I get my own house and make a pony room.
Rainlove
The
Pegasus

Sig by Starscout!

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2022, 09:13:22 PM »
They make several different kinds of under bed bins.  I’ve found them to be indispensable for my huge collection.  They hold a lot.  They’re easy to access. They’re not too expensive.  They’re shallow so you can find everything without having to dig down into it.  I have a massive collection, and I usually keep most of the best stuff, and the things I like to access more in under bed bins.  If you have the space under your bed, I highly recommend them. 

Other than that, you’ll probably have to go up.  They do make inexpensive shelves that aren’t too difficult to put up.  I used to have some in college, and they can make a nice display.  The only thing that can be difficult is finding the wall stud.

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2022, 01:43:46 PM »
They make several different kinds of under bed bins.  I’ve found them to be indispensable for my huge collection.  They hold a lot.  They’re easy to access. They’re not too expensive.  They’re shallow so you can find everything without having to dig down into it.  I have a massive collection, and I usually keep most of the best stuff, and the things I like to access more in under bed bins.  If you have the space under your bed, I highly recommend them. 

Other than that, you’ll probably have to go up.  They do make inexpensive shelves that aren’t too difficult to put up.  I used to have some in college, and they can make a nice display.  The only thing that can be difficult is finding the wall stud.
I actually have zero room under my bed... Why? Because I have stuffed animals under there!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 01:56:35 PM by Rainlove The Pegasus »
Rainlove
The
Pegasus

Sig by Starscout!

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2022, 05:18:45 PM »
This is the problem with collecting...it takes up a lot of space!  And containment units - shelves, tubs, drawers, etc.  And, if you are short of space, lots of creative organization.  Maybe you could get one of those corner hammocks for some of your stuffed animals to free up some space under the bed, then use underbed storage for your ponies?  I second the idea of underbed storage being good for ponies - I have some of mine in one of those tubs and it is really easy to see everything.
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2022, 06:11:44 PM »
This is the problem with collecting...it takes up a lot of space!  And containment units - shelves, tubs, drawers, etc.  And, if you are short of space, lots of creative organization.  Maybe you could get one of those corner hammocks for some of your stuffed animals to free up some space under the bed, then use underbed storage for your ponies?  I second the idea of underbed storage being good for ponies - I have some of mine in one of those tubs and it is really easy to see everything.
Yeah! Maybe when i have my own house and make a pony room.
Rainlove
The
Pegasus

Sig by Starscout!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal