collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3  (Read 107821 times)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3
« Reply #405 on: January 27, 2023, 04:09:56 PM »
Beldarna, can you see them getting the door latch on the lantern open and trying to hop inside it?  My grandma had a cat that would always try to get into vases and other containers. 

Kitcatepic, get two toothbrushes that you can throw away, like free dentist ones.  Now hold them like mascara wands and "blink" the bug off the pony.  Once it's on the brushes, you can scream and carefully put into the trash, and then scream more  :)  This will disturb the hair less and you can sweep the thing off hopefully in one move.  best of luck!
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #406 on: January 28, 2023, 10:49:43 AM »
I'm fine moving more or less any live bug from a pony or doll but I admit I have thrown a doll across the bathroom before on account of a dead moth. I usually have to be rescued from those, but if you can get it onto the floor, you can always vacuum it up.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #407 on: January 28, 2023, 11:09:00 AM »
Weird, I thought I posted in here. I've been awake for waaaaay too long and am starting to get a bit loopy.

More complaints about my decrepit body. Pain etc.

I hate how Amazon doesn't charge you until your items ship. I always forget about that and then it screws up my banking :mad: My mom is on me about the table I bought. I've gone this whole time without a kitchen table. I sit in a chair and prepare meals and sometimes I will just eat in the chair. Other times I take it to my desk. I did grow up in a family that always ate dinner together at the table (and what a grand table it is - it seats like 18 people), so I miss having one. My mom gave me a bunch of money so I thought I'd finally buy one. She asked me if I got it on Wayfair. No. I looked there, but they were too expensive. I found one I liked but it was $150 and the chairs were an additional 120 (how can two chairs cost almost as much as an entire table, I don't know). Anyway, I told her I got it off Amazon. It was 40 bucks. It's a nice table. It's just a simple square. It's a tad off balance but nothing I can't fix. I didn't bother getting new chairs. I have steel chairs from Walmart. They are 13 bucks each.

Well, my mom acted as if she had gifted me a fantastic table and I put it in a woodchipper. She's like "but I gave you all that money!!!!!!!!!" Yes, and thank you, but I can't justify spending 270 on a table and two chairs when I can spend 53. It's not like I have a family or friends that come over. It's me and the cat. Hell, when my sister would come over, she'd sit on the floor (I don't have a couch either... but I no longer want one). At least I have more than one chair now.

Besides, I did spend $200 on clothes. Underwear and t-shirts and one long sleeved shirt. So it's not like I didn't buy something expensive or whatever her deal is.  I don't know. Moms can be strange.

Another Amazon complaint. I ordered a bunch of stuff there too and most of it came today. It was all in a box... except my crochet needles, they were in a small bubble mailer that was almost swept away by the wind. I had to chase it halfway down the stairs. Like??? Put them in the box? They're in a container smaller than my thumb. Why aren't they in the box?!

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: January 28, 2023, 11:57:29 AM »
I did my taxes today.  I don't understand why some companies claim free filing for low income and then because my crappy insurance requires an HSA account all of a sudden I have to shell out $60+ to file.  I started on one site and got the amount I should expect and then went to irs.gov and found a site that would actually do it for free.  Since the amounts of my return matched up, I'm pretty sure I did it right.  But at least it's done for the year.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: January 30, 2023, 07:40:55 AM »
It's so cold outside!  It was -9F when I woke up, but with the wind chill felt like -24 and now it's -11 but feels like -26.  I couldn't even get all the ice off my car this morning and my rear defroster couldn't even melt what I couldn't scrape off.  There should be a rule that if temperature is below 0, you get a free day to stay home from work and everything else.

On top of that, we had a huge snowstorm Saturday night and the wind's been blowing ever since.  The people across the street cleared their driveways of snow by pushing it across the to our side of the road.  (I live in a rural community and people usually use 4-wheelers with plows attached or tractors to move large amounts of snow.)  Guess which way the wind is blowing?  Yup, from our side to their side.  So guess where all the snow is now?  Right again, ON THE ROAD.  The drifts were so deep in places I almost got stuck and I had to drive down the wrong side of the road because it was clearer!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2023, 07:43:44 AM by Pokeyonekenobie »

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #410 on: January 30, 2023, 09:16:46 AM »
I've been cleaning like mad the last few days because inspections are tomorrow and they are doing "maintenance and housekeeping". This is different from the last inspection which was "structural" and they didn't care about housekeeping. Anyway, my floors are really dirty. One because I have had cats, and they leave their little paw prints everywhere. Two, it's very difficult for me to mop. Three, the floor cleaner I bought (which had rave reviews on Amazon) doesn't do a very good job. The floor is laminate (linoleum? one of those). It was pretty beat up and dirty when I moved in. I have mopped it several times and actually bought the floor cleaner to get out the heavier stains (it did not). I wanted to mop today, at least the bathroom, but my back is screaming. I could barely sweep from a chair. Plus to mop I'd have to haul everything out of there. I just can't. I did too much yesterday and the day before. I swear I'm going to end up in a wheelchair like both my parents.

I cleaned the bathroom otherwise though. I had some dish cleaning gloves (I don't use them, I think my sister or dad gave them to me) so I wore those to clean the whole toilet. It's sparkling but now my hands smell funny, like rubber. I washed my hands of course even with the gloves but the rubber smell is still there.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: January 30, 2023, 11:46:46 AM »
Whoever invented sliding doors suck. Who thought they were a good idea, as opposed to a normal door? It's easy for them to fall off the top track, it's a pain to put it back on track. You end up smashing your fingers and fighting with it, and the Gods help you if it's made of heavy glass or solid wood.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #412 on: January 30, 2023, 01:03:24 PM »
Whoever invented sliding doors suck. Who thought they were a good idea, as opposed to a normal door? It's easy for them to fall off the top track, it's a pain to put it back on track. You end up smashing your fingers and fighting with it, and the Gods help you if it's made of heavy glass or solid wood.

omg yes. the last house we rented had sliding glass doors and whenever we had ice storms there would be ice in the house. the ice damaged the floor and we couldn't even open on one side. we found this out the hard way when we opened the door and it got stuck. it started coming apart when we tried to close it after it stuck. had to pay a pretty penny for someone to come out and get the door back on track. and this was all during a horrible rainstorm. never again will i have sliding doors.

today is cold. and i have to admit i was not ready for it to start this early. i was planning to have another day before freezing rain. at least i don't really have to go anywhere. i used to love winter.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #413 on: January 31, 2023, 06:51:54 AM »
Headache and lack of sleep. Also my back and legs are still in extreme pain. Last night I put my legs up and iced my back. It felt great! But it didn't last. It was like as soon as I moved the pain was back. I couldn't sleep because I was so uncomfortable and my brain was running. I'm out of my ADHD meds because Walmart ran out. There's the Publix pharmacy not too far away but I don't want to have to sign up for stuff and get approval from my doctors and whatever else. Luckily I don't have any bad side effects from not having it. I'm just a lot more tired and my brain won't shut up.

edit: My therapist informed that I'm manic. I guess that explains all the projects and spending a grand on... well, I got a table. I'm not sure where the rest went.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2023, 02:26:37 PM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: January 31, 2023, 07:07:25 AM »
Okay, something's wrong with the thermostat outside.  At 6:30 AM, it was -11 F (-23.8 C). At 6:45 it was -15 F (-26 C) and now that it's 8:05, it's -20 F (-28.8 C).  I though it was supposed to get WARMER when the sun came out!  Why is it so Coooooold?!?!  :brr:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #415 on: January 31, 2023, 07:48:27 PM »
Hello, me again. I have slept like two hours (not consecutively). I am nodding off while standing up tired but cannot sleep. I think in the last four days I've gotten maybe... 10 hours. I sent a message to my doctor. I can't keep going like this.

Update! I got my medicine and took it last night and slept. I kept waking up (untreated sleep apnea) but I got about 3 hours consecutively with a couple more hours here and there. I feel a bit better today but I'm super groggy.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2023, 05:37:00 AM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: February 02, 2023, 07:08:27 AM »
I pinched or pulled something in my neck, and it’s bugging meeee  >_<
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline Rainlove The Pegasus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: February 02, 2023, 09:38:27 AM »
Well I am about to karate chop my iPhone. At the beginning of this week, it was starting to not let me open up any apps. (I would open up my phone and try and open up like BeReal or Youtube and it my screen would go black with the apple loading icon and then I would see my lock screen). Today after I get home from school, my dad agreed to go to the apple store downtown. Currently, my phone has "the black screen of death apple logo". I really want a new phone with more storage. I want the iphone 11 color purple with the already built in 128 gb. I have an XR with 64 built in gb that is full. I have the apps I need but its annoying. On sunday, my mom and I went to TMobile and bought me an extra 200GB for my ICloud backups. I tried backing up my phone and I am not sure it won't do much.  :mad:

Side note: next friday I get my wisdom teeth out. I'll keep posted.

Edit: My phone got fixed past saturday! Thank god for the Apple people.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2023, 09:36:12 AM by Rainlove The Pegasus »
Rainlove
The
Pegasus

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #418 on: February 04, 2023, 03:17:14 AM »
I've been working as a train attendant since april. As such, I have no say in pricing, what kind of train my company operates and why they have just these ones. Simple, like a retail worker has no say in pricing or products.

My brother, who lives a long way from me, has gotten a job as a prison guard and they sent him to educate himself as such in a facility in a city several hours from where he lives. So every monday he goes by train to said place, lives in a hotel during the week and goes home by train friday afternoon. One of the routes he takes is by a train owned by the company I work for.

So on my birthday, he called me to wish me well and we got into talking job and he started to complain to me about the train he goes on. What did the company think of when they choose to buy just this kind of train where there are scarce room for luggage. Why are there no numbered seatings. Why are the seatings so uncomfortable, why why why???

Like I should know? Like I could make them buy new ones? I told him I didn't work there 12 years ago when the new track along the coast was finnished and this company won the procurement to run the trains on the track and bought these particular trains.

Oh, well, if the trains are so old! When are they getting new ones?

I DON'T KNOW! :mad:

Talk to customer service or something. Stop ruin my birthday by complaining to me about somehting I have no controll over.

/End rant.

Lovesbabysqirmy; there are no visible latch for them to see.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #419 on: February 04, 2023, 09:32:58 AM »
Ugh, I gotta stop licking my lips, I'm making them raw :huh: It's a nervous tic but I don't feel nervous?

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal