collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Healthy Pony the New Year  (Read 20144 times)

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
Re: Healthy Pony the New Year
« Reply #60 on: January 02, 2018, 02:08:26 AM »
 :glitter: :iconclap: :thumb: :glitter: :glitter:

Fab peacock flutter wings!

Tulagirl - hope you feel better soon!

Well done everyone for working through Day 1 - even if you feel you may not have done as well as you could have, the fact that you ARE signed-up means that you are already on the way! We have 364 more days to have a try  :biggrin:

So, day 1 was a success, I stayed within my calorie limit and logged everything on to my MFP food diary.

Popping my essay under a spoiler  :P
Spoiler

Drank a LOT of water - too much, though! Too many trips to "the facilities" and generally an annoyance.
Went on an early grocery shop + got fish + veggies. Steamed cod and veggies with a splash of sweet chilli dipping sauce was for supper whilst lunch involved cold chicken leftovers + salad, canned artichokes + sweet plum sauce.

Day 2 - carry on as day 1 BUT: stagger water consumption and limit to one glass per "session" to allow my body to process it  :lol:

Looking after the kiddo today as husband is at work + school starts Thurs: have made plans for her fitness too!
I have made enquiries for swimming lessons (she loves splashing around but cannot swim properly) at a local private school (only 4 kids per class, lovely heated pool, bit more expensive but I want her to be taught properly) so am awaiting their response - meanwhile I shall pop to the shops today to get her a new swimming cozzie!

Gym - oh dear.  :redface:

Guess what - I have cancelled my Crossfit membership!  :shocked:
AND have applied to return to my old gym  :lol: I miss the workouts so much, yes, the long drive there is a pain but their style of workout was what really worked for me in 2017. Gotta get back! Hope to start end Jan/start Feb, as I use up my remaining Jan CF membership. Crossfit is good - lots of strength and weightlifting which is super for building healthy bones in ladies - but I personally enjoyed the faster-paced HIIT sessions (more cardio) at my old gym better. I can still return to my CF gym at £10 a session, if I just want to drop in.
 :cool:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 02, 2018, 07:20:14 AM »
Those flutter wings look beautiful! It's really interesting to see all the different solutions people have come up with for missing wings! :)

Day 2 has mostly been going good so far...
Spoiler
- Not holding out much hope for getting out in the countryside this week because the wind and rain are out in force, and it'll be 10 times worse up in the hills. I've still gone out for a walk around town and to pick up some bits, though.
- Curling up under a blanket all afternoon was incredibly tempting after getting rained on, but I did the right thing, got the guitar out and learned the next part of the song I've been working on. Turns out the chorus part is actually much easier than the intro and as a reward, I did a bit of improvised folk kind of stuff until the muscles in my hand were going "That's enough!"
- Also fixed an old amplifier and did a little bit on the violin to make sure it worked properly, so my aim for tomorrow is to dedicate some time to learning something new and to carry on improving my bow technique. At the minute I'm still getting out of that beginner's kind of tentative, sluggish bowing that doesn't make for a particularly good sound.
- For lunch I tried a different kind of vegetable soup from my usual go-to variety; it wasn't bad, just a little bit bland. There's still half of it left for tomorrow, so I'm going to try adding some herbs to liven it up a bit.
- And the one stumbling block was improving my sleeping patterns, I still woke up a couple of times during the night. :/

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 02, 2018, 09:12:19 AM »
Day 2/365:

Want to go shopping but need to shovel snow off truck.  Waaaaah so lazy, can't shop in my PJ's...

Had 5 pounds of white flour EXPLODE all over my kitchen floor this AM. 

If I can get into the shed, I may be able to get out the DVD's for sale and list them on Amazon.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #63 on: January 02, 2018, 09:44:24 AM »
We got sime great starts today. I made the decision to push my scarf project to finished by Sunday night. I have an evening work meeting, so my time is cut down. I promised the person a Monday meet up, so it has to be done by Sunday. There is a food truck at my work....it looks so good and portion size is big and the price is smalll...its so hard to resist.
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #64 on: January 02, 2018, 09:44:44 AM »
Oh and thanks for the complements on the wings:)
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 02, 2018, 11:03:53 AM »
I was really happy, I actually drew a template for a quilt block for unicorns to start with.  I am using a coloring book for line art, but have changed it up somewhat in order to make the applique work more simple for me.  Then I stopped. No more of that for a couple of days.  I did my reading, memorizing and even wrote R2 a note which I stuck on the mirror.  He has been down lately. I am determined to make him feel good about himself again.  Staying off of sugar is a huge, tough job. I have managed it for the last 24 hours, but the cravings have nearly killed me. I have stuck to my plan though in spite of that. No sugar! I can have one nice thing a week, but I am almost afraid to try that for fear I will start craving it all over again.  Why oh why am I so obsessive with everything?  I wish I was the kind of person that could eat 4 pieces of candy from a box of Dots and be happy with that.  No, I would like one box for breakfast and one for dinner. Shakes head and walks in shame.  The good news is I have stayed off the sugar, but I can't say I am feeling normal. LOL  Not shopping is just about the same level of difficult.  I am obsessed with vintage fabrics.  Today I let myself look at them but bought nothing so far.  Boy some habits are super hard to break. :drool:
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 11:05:45 AM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #66 on: January 02, 2018, 12:06:05 PM »
I went to Ikea with my family today and ate there so full meal wasn't too hard. I do wish I got more breakfast in, though. Just a banana, which is better than nothing, I suppose.
Being out of the house made it easy to stay active. Getting any exercise done is much harder than I thought...I'm just going to try to do some pushups to help build arm strength.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #67 on: January 02, 2018, 02:30:42 PM »
So I got offered a piece of rice crispie treat... it was free so technically not an extra, but still regret it. I started out so positive...and it crashed. I was at a daycare but at low pay but full time hours. But my husband talked me into a higher paying temp job with the possibility of being permanent. Well it has not been full time hours like I was told by temp agency...just tired or working so hard, and still living in my inlaws basement.

I did play piano 15min and worked out for 15min. That is huge for me. It's so hard to feel happy right now. Sigh I will be Jon hunting this weekend again:)

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 02, 2018, 03:32:59 PM »
Those are great flutter wings! Day one and two have been the same for me, just practicing Gaelic. I'm kind of losing confidence that I will keep on learning it, sadly, but I'm determined. I might be able to squeeze in a drawing for today too, but we will see :shrug:

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 02, 2018, 03:59:39 PM »
So I got offered a piece of rice crispie treat... it was free so technically not an extra, but still regret it. I started out so positive...and it crashed. I was at a daycare but at low pay but full time hours. But my husband talked me into a higher paying temp job with the possibility of being permanent. Well it has not been full time hours like I was told by temp agency...just tired or working so hard, and still living in my inlaws basement.

I did play piano 15min and worked out for 15min. That is huge for me. It's so hard to feel happy right now. Sigh I will be Jon hunting this weekend again:)

I really believe that the right job is going to come along and eventually with a lot of work and faith you guys will be out of that basement and in your own little home.  You just gotta believe it to be so.  So what about the rice krispie treat girlie.  I remember all the snacks offered me at work.  That is why I gained the weight I gained. It was that crazy break room full of food every Friday. Ugggg and then the never ending staff birthday cakes.  Honestly, companies need to quit doing this to us LOL.  I went on and on about how I was not going to eat sugar and caved and ate a box of dots.  So today was not our day.  We will start again tomorrow lol.  I have been sitting here at home trying to figure out how I was going to tell you about my royal screw up today. :shakefist: :cheer:

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #70 on: January 02, 2018, 04:12:39 PM »
Not sure how you why, but your posted made me giggle and feel better...you had a box of dots, I had 2 slices if pizza topped with sour cream and Doritos. Yup depression food:D hahaha.

Feel some inspiration and reaching for my knitting...hmm nails first than knit:) I need to feel pretty.

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 02, 2018, 05:12:33 PM »
Well, to be fair, due to health issues my only treat is Dots. Baaaaa if I could be eating Pizza girlie I would be eating a whole box topped with sour cream and Doritos. Tomorrow is another day, thank goodness we get do over's.  I need a major do over, but I did accomplish a lot today in spite of my box of Dots. tee hee  I am so excited. It is going to snow in Houston again tonight.  Squeeeeee

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #72 on: January 02, 2018, 05:17:45 PM »
Breaking my "stay out of bed" for tonight because Brr.  :cold:
I'm going to try to start an animation tonight.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 02, 2018, 05:45:14 PM »
Don’t give up. Everyone gives in sometimes. Trying to stay away from sugar and extra treats at work is hard.  During the first rounds of healthy pony if I messed up by giving in to cravings I would worry about having to admit it here but everyone was so encouraging and Crowing_Glory helped motivate me to keep trying. Tomorrow is a brand new day so if you failed today try again tomorrow.

I walked 3 rounds at the mall. I did eat a big lunch but only ate a small snack later. I might eat another though as I’m hungry again.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Shatyr

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 02, 2018, 07:42:45 PM »
Safflower, what are you using to learn Gaelic? I sometimes power up DuoLingo and play with some Irish lessons. I think my longest streak was 10 days.

I've eaten pretty well today, only had one Dove Smooth Milk Chocolate with Caramel (I was craving sweets and it was that or a giant chocolate chip cookie). Did some chores, but now I'm so tired all I really want to do is crash for the night. I need to cook lunch for tomorrow and make sure everything is where it needs to be for a good start to the morning.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal