collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I Just Published an Article About Pony Collecting! With Professional Pictures!  (Read 2296 times)

Offline CustomsRfun

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Wanted: MOC Surprise and MIB baby Surprise
    • View Profile
Very cute article. Well written!!

I know the feeling. I had to hide my collection in boxes for so long, until i met my current boyfriend.
As he's a brony, he even helps me hunt for them (and to make the customs, he sometimes even reroot them!!)

Now they are proudly displayed in glass cabinets in the living room, and i buy some Muffins and Luna toys for him as well (his fave characters) :)
Open for Customs Commissions :)

LOOKING FOR:
MOC Surprise and MIB baby Surprise

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
Oh that was a great article and your husband sounds like such a loving and amazing guy.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
Very well written and encouraging article. It's wonderful to see ponies viewed in a positive light instead of some of the more negative articles you tend to see everywhere.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Thank you, everyone! Yes, LadyMoonDancer, it was a Pony Project piece. There is a line of art toys called "Star Bronies" made by an artist called Sucklord. I noticed the diorama on the back of those figurine's packaging, so I contacted the artist directly and bought the original piece from him :)  so if you want astronaut ponies, you can buy Star Brony figures! They are really cool!

I have always admired that piece-  how awesome you were able to collect it!

Offline NigheanRuadh

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Pony rescuer!!
    • View Profile
Where did you get your pony dress??  It's fabulous, as are you and your husband and your article and your collection.  :good:

Your conversation with your husband sounds exactly like one I could have had with my husband, except mine already knew I had a pony collection from when I was a girl.  It was boxed up and in a closet, but I still had it.  When I got it out last year and started cleaning up some of them, he was very supportive and quite willingly drove me (and our children) an hour away to buy a large lot to add to it.  I felt guilty about spending money on plastic toys but sold a pony (a pony) for more than twice what I'd paid for the lot.   When he caught me considering another lot and wondering whether I could sell some of the ponies to make up the money, he told me to collect because I like the ponies and not think about getting any money out of them.  He likes me to be able to enjoy something (which I actually have a hard time doing with anything), and he's more than willing to support me however he can.  Aren't we fortunate to have such great guys??   :lovey:

Offline Razena

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
Awesome article!  Thanks for sharing.  I really enjoyed reading it.  :biggrin:

Offline Chelsea7

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
This was such a great article!!
The photography was beautiful ~
My Tumblr

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
That was an awesome article! I thoroughly enjoyed reading it!!!  Would it be weird to say that I could almost feel the change between you two when Kyu offered to make you your shelves? What a success story, I bet just a few of us are a tad bit envious  ;)

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

Offline LNS

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Glitter Ninja!
    • View Profile
    • on pink wings ...
Terrific article! :D Beautiful photos.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Awesome article.  You have a wonderful voice/style of writing and collection.  I really enjoyed reading your work.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
Aw, what a sweet story! You have a really good husband.
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Bommels

• Trade Count: (0)
You're a really good writer! And your story is a really good one to tell ;) Thanks for sharing all of this, it was a joy to read :) I'm a bit emotional now :P

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
Oh, that is a beautifully written piece! It's so professional, so perfect. It draws the readers in as they listen to a lovely true story, punctuated with the gorgeous pictures of your amazing collection and you! And your husband sounds awesome. :) Congratulations on finally being able to publish a piece for Narratively!

Also, wow, I am also impressed by the scene with the astronaut Ponies. At first I was like, "Ohmygosh, why is there a headless Pony on display?!" And then I realized it was a sculpture so old it was falling apart with the head on the ground, and the astronaut Ponies were looking at it. Very intriguing!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 02:37:06 AM by Lucky_Ladybug »

Offline Anitas_Mom

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
    • View Profile
What a great article.  I got my love of ponies from my daughter who is an avid collector.  And like you, her husband supports her collecting and now , so does mine! :)

Handmade Plushies For Sale | Please PM me for Commission Information

Offline DalaPony

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
I enjoyed reading that, it's a nice story, well told :) The photos of your collection are gorgeous as well, and your husband sounds like a great guy!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal