collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Spring is Springing! *happy*  (Read 1719 times)

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
Spring is Springing! *happy*
« on: March 08, 2016, 03:38:28 PM »
I hate winter. Winter always seems so long and it is so hard. Two days ago we were still in a deep freeze with everything frozen solid. Winter means being cold, all the time, and hauling water with your fingers numb for the animals. Ugh.

Spring arrived today with a vengeance!  The pond is clear of ice, and the frogs are singing!  Not in great number, and not very loud or high frequency (frequency goes up as temps go up). But there is at least one brave soul in my pond going "creeeeeak creeeeeak creeeeeak". *lol*

Baby bunnies were born March 4th. First time momma, who gave us five of her own and is fostering a lone kit from another doe who was not interested.

The gulls returned yesterday, by the hundreds. Killdeer appeared today! The finches are singing, too. I just saw a flock of snow geese go over, and you can hear the artic swans in the distance. Those are rare thing to see, they blend into the sky very well and are shy of people, so they overnight in the middle of fields far from roads. But you hear them constantly for about a week.

Oh!  And I have eggs from my hens in the incubator, so chicks on March 13th!  Ducklings due to hatch March 30th!  And for the first time evah, Mille Fleur eggs ready to incubate soon as I get a few more. :D (Little feather footed chicks, omg!)

Share with me your spring lovin's!

And if anyone is interested, I can get some pics of the duckies when they arrive. They're a first for us, too.

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Spring is Springing! *happy*
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 03:49:58 PM »
Winter's starting to go away here, too, but it's been on and off. Some days it get into the mid 70s, like today, and you wake up the next morning and you see ice on the windshield. I wish the weather would just make up its mind and stay hot out.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 03:50:17 PM »
Thank you so much for this lovely post! We have been seeing signs of spring for a few weeks now and purple hyacinths and yellow daffodils are flowering in the garden.  I bought some from the shop the other day because I hate picking the ones in my own garden.  So it's nice to bring the spring indoors.

I noticed the birds started singing mating calls a couple of weeks ago so they will all be busy building their nests.

Can't wait to see pics of your chicks again this year?

:green: :green: :green:
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 04:03:49 PM »
The crocus's are in full bloom. Daffodils and hyacinths everywhere. Tulips and clematis coming up. Yup. Spring is here. Planting the veggies next month!

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 05:32:23 PM »
I :heart: spring.  :)

It was gorgeous weather here last week.  Bright blue sky, sunshine and flowers blooming everywhere.  It's cold and rainy now; I'm waiting for the sun to come back.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2016, 07:21:25 PM »
I know it is.  :sad: :cloud:

I for one don't hate Winter, and I for one hate Spring!

I am especially depressed this year, because we practically didn't get a winter. December was warm. January was warm. February was warm. Now with March all hope is lost. Next week it's supposed to hit the mid 80s. The nice weather is gone before Spring even starts where I live.

Seeing the trees blooming is nauseating, to be honest... and not in the traditional allergies way, it just makes me sick because I need my winter, and I didn't get it... Could Spring at least wait until, I don't know, March 21st? Autumn never comes in early September. It never comes on September 21st, either. In fact, we're lucky if - where I live - we hit it before mid-October/November.

The seasons where I live are definitely being fair anymore. >.< I hate the long stretch of hot weather we call Spring/Summer/Autumn enough as it is, to not get any winter whatsoever, I am majorly depressed about it this year.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

|My Collection|

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2016, 08:54:39 PM »
Thunderwing, this sounds sooooooooooooo beautiful!! I can't wait to see pictures of all your little chicks and ducklings!

Spring is arriving here too, which means warm or hot weather, and lots of rain. Just started today. I'm an autumn fan.
Spring in Europe, however, is my favourite time of the year.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2016, 04:42:19 AM »

I am especially depressed this year, because we practically didn't get a winter. December was warm. January was warm. February was warm. Now with March all hope is lost. Next week it's supposed to hit the mid 80s. The nice weather is gone before Spring even starts where I live.

Seeing the trees blooming is nauseating, to be honest... and not in the traditional allergies way, it just makes me sick because I need my winter, and I didn't get it... Could Spring at least wait until, I don't know, March 21st? Autumn never comes in early September. It never comes on September 21st, either. In fact, we're lucky if - where I live - we hit it before mid-October/November.

The seasons where I live are definitely being fair anymore. >.< I hate the long stretch of hot weather we call Spring/Summer/Autumn enough as it is, to not get any winter whatsoever, I am majorly depressed about it this year.

Hey your aren't alone. That's how I feel.

I love winter and I'm very sad it was insanely mild and that there was hardly any snow. It was the worst winter ever. :/

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2016, 05:03:42 AM »
I think it's safe to say that winter is gone around here as well. It was 65°F yesterday, and today it'll be in the 70s! I'm so glad because I hate winter. I always feel zero motivation to wake up in the morning when it's cold and dark, and even less so if I see snow. So...GOODBYE WINTER! SEE YA AGAIN IN HOPEFULLY 10 MONTHS, THANK GOODNESS!

On the bright side, winter didn't truly start here until mid-January, so this was a short winter compared to previous years. I really liked that. It was also a mild one. We got snow and maybe a few days of bad ice, but nothing that kept me from going to work, and that was nice.

The only thing I'll miss are all the cute boots I wore this winter. :lol:

That said, I don't want to rush into summer. I want to enjoy the springtime, even with my allergies! I'm not ready for humid, sweaty days just yet. Honestly, I wish it could be autumn/fall all year round...now that, coupled with the gorgeous scenery it brings, is the best season to me.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 05:05:34 AM by Rainbowrific Renia »
Instagram / Want List

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2016, 06:04:19 AM »

Hey your aren't alone. That's how I feel.

I love winter and I'm very sad it was insanely mild and that there was hardly any snow. It was the worst winter ever. :/

Yay, glad I'm not the only one. I always feel like the odd one out. It's so prevalent, the idea that winter is 'depressing' and Spring is 'happiness', but I can't think of one good thing about Spring aside from the flowers being pretty, but the blooming trees last even less time than the changing leaves of autumn. Everything's all boring and green in a flash.

I feel robbed this year. As I noted before we really didn't get a winter, and the temperatures averaged for highs in the 50s/60s/70s, and it rarely even got below freezing for a night time low... Yet, people are still so excited for Spring... Like what do they even want?! Lol. Seeing as it's supposed to hit the 80s next week, that's pretty much signaling 'Spring' is already pretty much gone in my book.

I wish I could live somewhere where Spring meant highs in the 40s/50s/60s, and not 80s/90s... Then maybe I might actually enjoy it... But as for where I live, right now, I'm really hating everything.

|My Collection|

Offline Ledbyrd

• Extra glitter on mine please!
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Twinkle Eyed Nightlight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2016, 08:03:33 AM »
The cherry blossom trees on my street are almost ready to bloom. They are so gorgeous when they do. I will post pics :)

Thanks to Nence for my siggy art!
My Wishlist
Currently searching for Ice Crystal

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2016, 09:34:58 AM »
I was thinking it would never end! But then it was raining this morning, and now it's gloriously foggy, and i can actually see large patches of earth!
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2016, 06:18:19 PM »
Oooo duckies!

Spring is slowly creeping in. Almost no snow left on the ground and it was 60F yesterday!

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2016, 09:43:11 PM »
Happy spring!!!!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2016, 04:17:37 AM »
I am loving the warmer weather :)

Can't wait to see pics of all the babies!
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal