collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Funko Princess Luna & Celestia pre-order @ Hot Topic! Arriving November  (Read 66845 times)

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Re: Funko Princess Luna & Celestia pre-order @ Hot Topic! Arriving November
« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2014, 09:29:11 PM »
Wow!! These look really really nice.  I imagine they might be harder to find than usual with the big Christmas shopping release. I don't have any money to order either one at the moment but I will be keeping an eye out! I don't know which one I like more. :bateyes: I have a feeling Celestia's glitter is going to be stunning though.

Still patiently waiting for Shining Armor............................. :snore:

Yea wonder what her glitter will look like it was weird last time seeing Rarity glitter and Discord glitter first in person before seeing any posted online, was pretty cool experience though! I love the so much both Funko said a picture should be posted soon of them, so hopefully we will see the size difference!

I'm digging a Chrysalis, Shining Armor and Princess Cadence for the first wave in 2015 ;)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

For Sale Wants

WhiteHeather

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2014, 09:30:05 PM »
Luna's wings look too large to me, but I love the rest of her. Celestia seems off as far as proportions go and her mane colors are in the wrong order. I think I'll have to see these in person before I decide if I want them or not.

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2014, 06:14:20 AM »
I'm digging a Chrysalis, Shining Armor and Princess Cadence for the first wave in 2015 ;)
This is all I want in my life.  Chrysalis may be the first and only vinyl figure that I actively try to get a proto of... if I'm lucky.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #63 on: October 30, 2014, 08:10:05 AM »
I just want to point out the fact that someone (Funko) finally gave us an accurate Luna after how many incorrect colored "Lunas" So after the many hasbro fails we finally have an amazing accurate design! So much thanks Funko!

Finallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For Sale Wants

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2014, 09:09:53 AM »
Cool! I managed to order 10 each by calling in - yay!

Although I usually love the glitters- in this case I think Luna looks better as herself with the glittery mane and tail! I've always wanted one like this :D

I'm happy to help out 8 international peeps that are too impatient to wait for the overseas release 6 weeks after Hot Topic (I assume there will be one as there have been with all the rest)

I'd love to take you up on your offer for us international folks, I'd like one of each please :)

Great! Two are set aside for you!

Offline Ren-Ren

• Trade Count: (+237)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://renren-1.livejournal.com/
« Reply #65 on: October 30, 2014, 09:12:06 AM »
I don't buy multiples anymore, but I just noticed Hot Topic's new policy on it. No free or discounted shipping and no returns for anyone purchasing more than 5 of the same item.  Hope that means they'll fix the glitter skimping that they've been enacting the last couple of rounds of Funkos.

I've never been a huge Celestia fan, but will be getting the Luna. I'm happy even the normal one has a bit of a translucent mane :)
Thanks to Calico Star for my siggy! <3 (deleted cause photobucket)
*** My Sales Page*** My Little Pink Pony Loves MMA***

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 30, 2014, 09:26:25 AM »
I don't buy multiples anymore, but I just noticed Hot Topic's new policy on it. No free or discounted shipping and no returns for anyone purchasing more than 5 of the same item.  Hope that means they'll fix the glitter skimping that they've been enacting the last couple of rounds of Funkos.

I've never been a huge Celestia fan, but will be getting the Luna. I'm happy even the normal one has a bit of a translucent mane :)

I think the site only charged me the typical $4.99 for domestic shipping for the lot I bought, which is a pretty good deal I think.  I do also hope now that they have barred returns of multiples (a good idea) they'll start putting glitters back into the online orders :P

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 30, 2014, 09:30:53 AM »
It's very smart of them to do that, especislly consdering how sought after Glitter Luna will be. I kinda imagine there will be people who don't notice the policy change and will end up being stuck with a bunch of them they intended to return. ^^; I also kinda feel that they released them now during a "non Hot Cash" event (Hot Cash codes isnt in effect right now, right?) to help discourage huge orders on them.

Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 30, 2014, 09:38:15 AM »
It's very smart of them to do that, especislly consdering how sought after Glitter Luna will be. I kinda imagine there will be people who don't notice the policy change and will end up being stuck with a bunch of them they intended to return. ^^; I also kinda feel that they released them now during a "non Hot Cash" event (Hot Cash codes isnt in effect right now, right?) to help discourage huge orders on them.

I'm glad they are doing it. It makes the product way less profitable and hurts the store to have people take advantage like that, I've always had a problem when people buy 25 and return 24 just to get a glitter. Seems pretty unfair to me.

I'm very curious to see what the glitter version of Celestia will look like, I assume there will be a glitter  ?  Maybe they haven't finished it yet.

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 30, 2014, 09:47:43 AM »

I'm glad they are doing it. It makes the product way less profitable and hurts the store to have people take advantage like that, I've always had a problem when people buy 25 and return 24 just to get a glitter. Seems pretty unfair to me.

I'm very curious to see what the glitter version of Celestia will look like, I assume there will be a glitter  ?  Maybe they haven't finished it yet.
i feel the same way. It basically ruins it for others who do legit buy multiples to helps others (like international fans) get them, along with ones who just want a mini army of Funkos. I kinda think the policy is nicer than I expected - I had expected them to force an order limit, like max 2 of each character during pre-orders, or even a straight up "no returns on pre-order Funko MLPs".

I wanna see glitter Celestia as well! I am happy that both Lunas have at least some "glitter" on them. When I get paid tomorrow, I plan on ordering one or two of both girls, depending if that 20% is still in effect by then.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #70 on: October 30, 2014, 10:15:45 AM »
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMGOMGOMG I JUST SAW THIS THREAD AND IM TRYING NOT TO FREAK OUT!!!!!!!! :freak: :freak: :freak: :drunk:

I NEEEEEEEEEEED THEM WHEN DO I PREORDER!?? Hotcash codes!???

*faints*

Post Merge: October 30, 2014, 10:17:57 AM

WAIT- WHY THE SHORT PREORDER DATE!??? I dont get paid until the 6th!!!! HELP!?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 10:17:57 AM by Sprinklecupcake »

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 30, 2014, 10:27:54 AM »

I was thinking that they may put her glitter variant picture up closer to her release date.  ^.^

Post Merge: October 30, 2014, 10:29:44 AM

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMGOMGOMG I JUST SAW THIS THREAD AND IM TRYING NOT TO FREAK OUT!!!!!!!! :freak: :freak: :freak: :drunk:

I NEEEEEEEEEEED THEM WHEN DO I PREORDER!?? Hotcash codes!???

*faints*

Post Merge: October 30, 2014, 10:17:57 AM

WAIT- WHY THE SHORT PREORDER DATE!??? I dont get paid until the 6th!!!! HELP!?
Hot Cash isn't active right now.  Though there is a $10 off $40 code that I got from the last time I bought something at HT. It ends on November 2nd, so I can give you that code if you need it!

I don't get paid until next Friday, so I used my card instead of Paypal when I pre-ordered the figures.  That way they don't take the money out right away.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 10:29:44 AM by MoonbeamStar »
Instagram / Want List

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2014, 10:39:05 AM »
I don't have any of these, but glitter Luna might have to come home with me. :lovey:
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2014, 10:40:59 AM »
I wouldn't worry overly much about not getting them-  there is no limit to the amount Hot Topic can sell, so if they sell out on pre-orders, they will no doubt re-stock as long as they are flying out the door.

Hot Topic also has a lot of sales, so sooner or later, even if you miss the current 20% off, there will be another (or Hot Cash which generally works out about the same)

Offline MidnightMocha

• Trade Count: (+249)
  • But the stars in the sky look like home
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 30, 2014, 10:42:09 AM »
Just ordered 1 Princess Luna :) I love how pretty she is! I'd really like the glitter variant but even her normal one looks gorgeous so I am not overly concerned.

Either way, I have a bunch of glitter Funkos to trade for her if I decide I MUST have her :)
Will always trade for limited edition/90s Pikachu stuff!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal