collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: RANDOM "other collections" SWAP brag thread!  (Read 40745 times)

Offline Emberfly

• Trade Count: (+57)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • I Want to Sticker the World!
    • View Profile
Re: RANDOM "other collections" SWAP brag thread!
« Reply #555 on: June 27, 2013, 02:50:30 PM »
*runs by and steals all the yummy treats*
Thank you to SquarePeg for my beautiful avi.

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: June 27, 2013, 08:05:14 PM »
Had my s'more, waiting for more.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: June 27, 2013, 08:14:52 PM »
*makes up another batch of smores*

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline ember86

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • A very picky little pony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: June 27, 2013, 08:30:05 PM »
Sits by campfire and get's ready to tell ghost stories.
  Thank you Scraleos for my sig! Thank you MLPmintchocolatechip for my a avatar  Have a very pony day [you]
My etsy shop

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: June 28, 2013, 01:25:29 AM »
Is awake and the only one still up because someone decided to tell scary stories.

CottonTALE

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #560 on: June 28, 2013, 06:36:21 AM »

I love that episode :D it shows a nicer side of Rainbow Dash

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: June 28, 2013, 09:17:08 AM »
*comes running out of nowhere*
SHE IS GOING TO STEAL OUR SOULSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: June 28, 2013, 06:08:26 PM »
Scrreamssssss!!!!!!!!

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: June 28, 2013, 07:24:30 PM »
I'll save you marigold! * hides In large refrigerator box*
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: June 28, 2013, 07:36:56 PM »
Oh my goodness, I haven't checked this thread in a while and I come here to find 3 pages of people waiting for me!  :blush: I'm so sorry it took this long to post my brag. I work from 8am to 6pm during the week so I can never go to the post office myself except on Saturdays.

Lots of photos!! Brag is behind a spoiler tag to help with loading time.

Warning... I wrote like a million words in this post. No joke.  :lookround:

Spoiler

My dad finally had a chance to pick up my box! I came home from work and the first thing he said was "What's in that thing? It's wicked heavy." Haha I rushed too pick it up from the table--it really WAS heavy!! o_o It's so beautiful though! I love the sparkly Shining Armor and Cadance sticker, I took it off the box and I'm keeping it. :lol: And my address was written on adorable stationary! (PS: Thank you Photobucket for providing 'bling pics' I can put on the picture to hide the addresses XD )

It took me such a long time to open the box and take everything out, my word! In fact, once I opened the box, unwrapped everything, organized everything, and took photos... it was time for bed! XD That's why this brag is going up Friday instead of Thursday, sorry.  :blush:

I can't describe to you all how much this box means to me. Thank you so, so much! My cheeks were hurting because I was grinning for such a long time all night long as I carefully opened each item and then wrapped them back up in the wrapping paper--because someone (Tiki?) thoughtfully labeled each wrapped item and I didn't want to forget who gifted me what! ^_^ (Hopefully I didn't mess this up and put some items back in the wrong wrappings, but if I say thank you to the wrong person in this brag thread, a thousand apologies!)

So big thank yous to Tiki, Emberfly, CrazyCatLady, CyberUnicorn, and Marigold for these wonderful gifts!!

You were all so kind to me, you went out of your way after already doing your part in this swap, for nothing more than to make me happy. That really means a lot to me. In a world where people so often only give into something what they expect to get out of it, you guys went way above and beyond for no reason. It really made my whole week. I have all of your names written down and I will totally find a way to repay all your kindness, someday! ^_^

So once I got all the smaller parcels opened, I finally opened the shoebox from CyberUnicorn last, expecting one more item... only to find my unwrapping job wasn't done yet!! (Also, shoebox was full of candy! Yummy!! I have already totally pigged out on it ba ha ha.)

First up, my new manga! *drools* Ohhhh set-completers, how you fill me with joy! Since I buy a lot of used manga, I tend to pick up random volumes instead of going in order. So CLAMP School Detectives Vol. 1 and Yu-Gi-Oh R Vol. 3 were set completers for me! :D Thank you to Marigold, Emberfly, and CyberUnicorn for my manga! (Also, Chi is by far the cutest little kitten in the entire universe. 'Nuff said.)

Next, rocks! >:3 I love rocks. Lookit all these rocks! Oh ho ho! Marigold and someone else (the wrapping paper got lost after I unwrapped, so I don't know who was the second rock-gifter!) have showered me with a bunch of pretty rocks for my collection! You can see my collection as it used to be on the left. They wanted to be included in the photo shoot too. Now I need a bigger glass jar, because my rocks don't all fit in there anymore! XD

Along with some beautiful pieces like a tiger's eye, and some fun growing crystals (I remember those from when I was a little kid!), Marigold got me some really amazing ones: that thing that looks like a ball is a perfectly peeeerfect round sphere of rose quartz! Also there are some diamond-shaped quartz and amethyst that are just totally neat. And a jar of tiny tiny beautiful stones! Eee! *hugs them*

Also I snuck the random small silver box into this pic, from Marigold, on the far right. Those who have seen Yuru's brag thread know what that is! (Haha when I first unwrapped it I couldn't figure out how to get the silver box open... for a second I thought the box itself was the gift. XD )

Now on to horsey-shtuff! I got some beautiful Breyer Wind Dancers!! These are the only Breyer items I collect, and I completely love them. The Wind Dancers are pastel horses with butterfly wings and magic.

Thank you to Tiki for the cute Wind Dancer stickers and the trinket box! (Kona is my fave, how did you know?) And thank you to CyberUnicorn for the four foals and the children's book, and two new Rainbow Dashes for my RD Collection! (Or as I like to say, my Dash Stash lol.) I love the braids in their mane, did you do that yourself, CyberUnicorn? I wish I had skills to style pony hair! Usually all my ponies have that 'just got out of the box and ran a brush through it a couple times' look.

And now... time for a random photo shoot! Here's Baby Kona and Sumatra with their adult figures (or with their moms, as we would say if they were G1's lol)

And here's Baby Sirocco (who I found out is the only stallion, thanks to the book! lol.) and Brisa with their counterparts.

And here's the foals hanging out with my other Wind Dancer foals! (who I named Silver, Pinto, and Spotty Butt because Breyer didn't give them names! Hahaha.)

...and here's my cat Mango trying to get in on the photo shoot lol. (Mango gets her name because I used to go to the library and ask for new manga, and one time the librarian kept calling them mangos. Like, the fruit. I had to hold in my laughter the WHOLE time. XD )

Now on to items from Japan!

Such beautiful things! Big thank you to Tiki for my biiiig maneki neko! He will soon be hanging on my wall above my piggy bank, since he's supposed to bring good fortune! (That's why you often see them in Chinese restaurants next to the cash register lol.) Also thank you for the cute maneki neko envelopes and the erasers! And the two tiiiny cute little figurines. They are currently hanging out in the Kona trinket box. ^_^

And holy cow, Emberfly, thank you for the beautiful items from Disneyland! (I've never been! Someday...) The pink kimono girl pen is adorable, and that little koi goldfish magnet is so gorgeous! I wish my cell phone took better pictures so you all could see the details... I think maybe the koi was made from fabric or something that was cut into a fish shape and put between two pieces of clear plastic. There's some sort of neat texture to the material that's under the plastic. So pretty.

And that orange envelope in the front of the photo has some cola-tasting candy that is just amazing. It took me by surprise when I popped it in my mouth--it fizzes!

Now on to butterflies and dragonflies! I decorate my house with both of these as a theme, and I got some great gifts!

Thank you to CrazyCatLady for the cute pink dragonfly pail, and the elegant white butterfly and dragonfly holders. I love them! (Also love the Japanese candy that was inside the pail, mmmm, nom nom nom.) And thank you for the butterfly memo notepad, and the pretty blue and green butterfly decorations. But by far my favorite is the gorgeous trinket box on the far left that looks like a book. It actually opens up and you can store things inside, and the cover is covered with gold leaf and pretty butterfly drawings. Holding it in my hand makes me so happy, I keep running my fingers over the smooth surface. It's so beautiful and I truly treasure it, thank you!!

And thank you tiki for fun glow in the dark butterfly stickers, and to CyberUnicorn for the most adorable Yu-Gi-Oh monster I've ever seen!!! I don't play the card game, but I collect the manga and I love dragonflies. I'm going to get a little picture frame and frame the card to hang on my wall. ^_^

Hmm, the Yu-Gi-Oh card didn't really come out in the photo, so here's a scan of it I found on Google. SO CUTE!

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Naturia_Dragonfly

And last but definitely not least, here's the last bit of random items all together!

In the front row we have colored chainmail links from Marigold! Thank you, I can't wait to start my next project now that I have more colors to work with! (My plan is to try to make chainmail armor for ponies to wear on display! :O )

(Now for the back row of the photo, going from right to left.) Thank you Marigold for the lovely candles! As you can see, I couldn't wait to light one up! lol. They smell great. I also got a cute pink bag from Marigold to keep my pretty rocks in, and there's a Companion Cube button attached to it to be my random item for the random swap! :D Aaaand Marigold got me a tiny dangly cell phone strap character! (Which is a popular thing to decorate your cell phone with in Japan, especially amongst the younger crowd.) Eeeee, it's Chi! She's so cute!! I love you, tiny Chi kitty! *hugs it*

Next is a G3 pony from CyberUnicorn! I think it's a hand-made window cling? Let me know if I'm right, since she's currently stuck to the window. XD She seems to be enjoying herself there, regardless. I also got a chuckle out of the sketches your friend drew of a horse with RD's symbol, dreaming of flying lol! Perhaps that's what happened between G3 and G4!

And also I got a sweet Applejack magnet, but I'm not sure who it came from since it came loose from its original package! I'm very curious about who made it and how, since it seems homemade! Is it shrinky-dink material? It seems to be some kind of shiny plastic. Well, however it was made, it's cute!! ^.^

Aaaaand although it didn't really come out in the photo, next to Applejack's tail is a tiny ceramic white and yellow kitty that came in the mysterious silver box Marigold sent! Haha!

Well! If you're still reading all the way down here, thank you and I'm sorry for writing so much.  :P My cell phone takes bad pictures, so I wanted to make sure I described and thanked for everything I got.

Getting this package in the mail really meant a lot to me. I can't even describe in words how I'm feeling right now. As you can see by my repeated use of the same words over and over, everything was completely great, fun, cute, and adorable! (Also I used like a million exclamation marks in this post, but I just can't stop being excited... this must be what Pinkie Pie feels like all the time! lol!)

You guys are all the best. ^_^ Thank you so much. I love you guys.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 09:07:02 PM by Dragonflitter »
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline ember86

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • A very picky little pony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: June 28, 2013, 08:20:22 PM »
Awesome stuff!
  Thank you Scraleos for my sig! Thank you MLPmintchocolatechip for my a avatar  Have a very pony day [you]
My etsy shop

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
Re: RANDOM \"other collections\" SWAP brag thread!
« Reply #566 on: June 28, 2013, 08:34:14 PM »
I'll save you marigold! * hides In large refrigerator box*

Peeks out

Is there a brag now?

Oooooh!

Post Merge: June 28, 2013, 08:52:24 PM

The braided dash's are not from me!  Not sure who sent them but I didn't braid their hair because I didn't send them. :)

I want to know where the applejack magnet came from too. Cute!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 08:52:24 PM by Marigold »

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: June 28, 2013, 09:05:56 PM »
Ahh, you're right, that was CyberUnicorn! Sorry for the mix-up. *fixes it in the post*
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: June 28, 2013, 09:56:57 PM »
What a great brag! I love all the pretty rocks! :). Congrats on a great box finally received!

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: June 28, 2013, 10:15:31 PM »
I want to know where the applejack magnet came from too.
Emberfly ^.^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal