collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Batches of cute then... . there's batches of SCURRY!!!  (Read 4433 times)

Offline zabe77

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Batches of cute then... . there's batches of SCURRY!!!
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2013, 11:10:27 PM »
I didn't have any toys I was afraid of but I had a friend who was afraid of dolls, there seems to be a lot of people who are.

My oldest is afraid of toys that act real. He has a dancing Tigger who I had to hide in a box (to be given to a friend).  My youngest has a cat that will chase you and sing that my oldest is afraid of. Once in a while, (usually upon his dad's prompting) he'll briefly touch it (when it's off) and then cheer and ask for praise at how brave he was as he's running back to a safe distance away... I even had to get rid of his shake-and-go Thomas train as he LOVES Thomas but every time the train drove on it's own, he'd scream like he was being murdered. I kept turning it off but he kept turning it back on! Should've taken the batteries out I suppose... Anyway, not wrong with traditional non-robotic toys I suppose.

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2013, 01:50:44 AM »
My little one is big into things that are "looking at him" right now. I made a custom werewolf pony and not only can it not be looking at him, but it has to be in another room facing away into the corner so if he goes into that room it isn't looking at him. Some of it seems silly but I try to be like you zabe and respect the fact he is terrified. After all he is only 2 and he is legitimately very afraid, so getting rid of stuff to make him feel safe and secure makes perfect sense to me.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline Dludnerad

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • ice cream and llamas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2013, 09:36:43 AM »
Sometimes kids enjoy being 'scared', and others like the attention a screaming fit will get them.

has there been a vote on the creepiest toy yet? if not, I put forward the original Baby Alive
(shudder)

it falls into several fear categories -moves on its own, looks at you, is a baby doll, has a squishy face, pees itself!

eeeeeek!

(hides behind the couch!)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I see it... Can you see it too...? :shocked:

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2013, 10:48:23 AM »
I always mistake Baby Alive with Baby All Gone. I had All Gone and she was an immobile doll with cherries to eat on a spoon and a bottle that had "milk" the disappeared when turned upside down.

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2013, 10:03:17 PM »
I didn't have any toys that scared me.
However, I used to LOATHE those dressed-up people at amusement parks. They always came walking towards us children, and I hid behind others, or ran. Totally nightmarish for me.
And clowns freaked me out.

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2013, 10:10:07 PM »
There was that cabbage patch doll that got recalled for eating children's fingers and hair... Can that one go on the list?

It was supposed to eat these little like carrot stick things but kids got their fingers stuck in the rollers and several had them crushed pretty badly. That doll= terrifying that scary b**** will eat your fingers.

Pickenprod

« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2013, 11:34:09 PM »
I have a little clown where you wind it up and it plays a tune and it's head roll about like its doing those excersizes in gym class stretching.

AUGH, my mum had one of those when I was little. I hated that thing. She also had these really odd, grotesquely grinning jester masks hung up on her bedroom wall. Scarred for life... I hate clowns (although I am not frightened by them).

I also never liked dolls a whole lot. I preferred stuffed animals and plastic frogs, with whom I created a whole little civilisation, complete with Lego vehicles for them to drive  :lol:

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2013, 11:55:22 PM »
I preferred stuffed animals and plastic frogs, with whom I created a whole little civilisation, complete with Lego vehicles for them to drive  :lol:

That is pretty awesome actually. :)

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2013, 02:52:33 PM »
Bahahaha, I love dolls (I have most of my old baby dolls and now own 4 BJDs and just adore them all) and clowns and I still have my old Furby.  After playing with one of the new ones at skyrocketneko's house, I really want one of them too!  XD  Seriously, so many lulz.  I even kind of like the elephant box thing.  Honestly, I don't ever recall being freaked out by a toy.

*ETA:  YouTube "Baby Laughs A Lot."  She came up in a discussion about the weirdest toy in the dollhouse... terror.  I probably WOULD have been freaked out by that one.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 02:55:50 PM by ZennaBug »

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2013, 10:33:17 PM »
However, I used to LOATHE those dressed-up people at amusement parks. They always came walking towards us children, and I hid behind others, or ran. Totally nightmarish for me.

Same here. My first trip to Disneyland at age 3, I clearly remember having the heck scared out of me. By Chip or Dale, anyways it instilled in me a life long fear of all walkabouts. Clowns are no dice, just looking at a clown mask spooks me.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2013, 08:09:51 PM »
A toy I gave my friend. It's a little big eyed, big headed stuffed panda that went too far into the cute valley straight into 'that's not right', that when you squeeze it, it laughs but the recording sounds more like it's sobbing.

She still has it stuffed in a box, I think.
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2013, 10:50:54 PM »
A toy I gave my friend. It's a little big eyed, big headed stuffed panda that went too far into the cute valley straight into 'that's not right', that when you squeeze it, it laughs but the recording sounds more like it's sobbing.

She still has it stuffed in a box, I think.

You sir, win the "not right" toy prize. Because that's plain flat out freaky. I'd have buried it in the backyard, under a nice cement pad.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline silverdragon54

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2013, 09:03:40 PM »

I'll admit I'm guilty of this. If I see a teen or adult who is obviously freaked out by mascots (especially if they're with a friend who isn't), I'll have a little fun with them. :devious: With kids, I let them come to me.
Will make custom plushie for MIB Fashion Style Applejack. PM for details!

See my pony art here!
My items for trade
My wanted list
My plushies!, Handmade plushies for sale!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal