collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Wait... Do You Actually Want Me to Apply For This?  (Read 1943 times)

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
Re: Wait... Do You Actually Want Me to Apply For This?
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2012, 10:26:27 AM »
Believe it or not, things got worse. -_-
I rang the branch in question and was told bring in my cv. So after printing my cv making a cover letter and the like. I set out with my brother on the train to go there.
Well... After walking for ages we get to where I thought the shop was. So we ended up asking around and it turns out the stupid place moved and is now at the other end of the town, and about five miles away.
Honestly it's not worth it for what's supposedly a 7 hour a week job. I'm so tempted to just go "screw it" but ad the job centre found me the posting I have to apply.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2012, 02:18:13 PM »
I've had this issue with the regular work force, but interestingly enough if you want a teaching position, they make it extremely easy to apply ... does this tell you something?  :lmao:
Easy to apply, but difficult to get the job even after you drive three of four hours for interviews. :cry:

I want to know where they are hiring teachers. [Just curious, I am lucky to still have my post] My school district and every one within two hours of me just lost a bunch of teachers. The economy has been killing teaching jobs. We [in education] felt the hit first in Florida, because most of our income comes from property tax, and when the housing market fell, so did our income.

Teaching jobs are being posted all the time around here (Tennessee) - you just have to be willing to teach in the worst schools.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2012, 09:59:40 PM »
I've had this issue with the regular work force, but interestingly enough if you want a teaching position, they make it extremely easy to apply ... does this tell you something?  :lmao:
Easy to apply, but difficult to get the job even after you drive three of four hours for interviews. :cry:

I want to know where they are hiring teachers. [Just curious, I am lucky to still have my post] My school district and every one within two hours of me just lost a bunch of teachers. The economy has been killing teaching jobs. We [in education] felt the hit first in Florida, because most of our income comes from property tax, and when the housing market fell, so did our income.

Teaching jobs are being posted all the time around here (Tennessee) - you just have to be willing to teach in the worst schools.
Well I work in Arkansas currently since I cannot afford to move out of state just yet. The positions I applied for here were many, but not a lot of great ones. Keep in mind it's only my second year, and I just finally passed my Praxis III. Lol I work in one of those schools you're talking about Evi. Least they pay me well.  :lol:
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2012, 11:24:44 AM »
Oh my boss's nephew had this recently - he was applying for a part time [4 to 16 hours a week] temporary [3 months] job with KFC. He had to fill in 2 massive documents, have a telephone interview, then an in person interview and then a further in person interview - then he and the top couple of dozen candidates had a 6 hour "group session" about the wonders of KFC and then finally they picked 2 people to offer a job to. Thankfully he was one of them but after all that he is only getting 4 hours a week of work! What a long convoluted process!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2012, 01:55:00 PM »
Being I work in a library, I see quite a few people come in to get on to the computer to apply for a job and they can't even get to the application or said company wants you to create an account first... some of them there is away around to getting to the application but companies don't realize that some of the people who are trying to apply for a job don't have a computer or net access and some just don't even know -how- to navigate the internet. It's a shame for me to see this with a lot of older folks who get laid off from their jobs and they have to go thought this. Even some younger folks have problems...
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal