collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Taobao Shopping Help  (Read 1342 times)

RedheadedBeauty

• Trade Count: (0)
Taobao Shopping Help
« on: April 21, 2012, 08:03:56 PM »
Hi all can someone please explain to me the easiest, best way to shop off of taobao. I saw a few things I'd like to have but the language is getting me stuck. Any help greatly appreciated.

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Taobao Shopping Help
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 08:06:04 PM »
You'll need to shop through an agent site, I suggest taobaonow.com. They will do all the buying and communicating with the Chinese seller and have your items sent to them, then they will ship them to you :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 08:57:53 PM »
Never used them sorry but babystarz sounds like she knows what she's doing.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 10:14:43 PM »
You'll need to shop through an agent site, I suggest taobaonow.com. They will do all the buying and communicating with the Chinese seller and have your items sent to them, then they will ship them to you :)
Pretty much this!
Sign up and make an account. Then look around for things you want, most things will at least have names in english such as "pink skirt" "my little pony" "mattel doll" etc etc. Paste the link of the item's page into "My shopping cart" type in the quantity and in the description box describe which one off the page you'd like. Sometimes there are more than one on a sales page so say something like "The red one with the orange balloon". You can add  as many items to your shopping cart as you'd like!
Then submit your order.
An agent will get back to you on the "Your orders" to let you know your orders have been submitted.  Be sure to press the little envelope button next to the agent's message to let them know you have read the message. In a day or so (sometimes the same day) they will send you a payment request form. You will have to use your credit/debit card, but you can also ask your agent to email you a Paypal if you'd feel safer using it or if your bank does not allow direct payments to China.
Once you pay, they will order the items, let you know if any are not available and receive what is available in their office. They'll check the items to make sure they're not damaged, weigh them and send you a shipping quote.
There are four options ranging from most expensive to cheapest, but the more expensive ones have less customs restrictions and are faster.
After you've paid shipping they'll be on your way to you. You can track the shipping depending on what method you use. For example if you use EMS they will be traceable on the EMS china website until they have left Guangzhou, China. Once they've left, they will be trackable on your country's postal service website, which in your case is USPS. It will at some point say it has arrived in ISC (which is customs) and usually a day or so after it has left, it will be at your door. Since it is an international parcel it may or may not come with your daily mail (sometime's it's a separate carrier) but you will need to sign for it.
If you need help calculating prices in USD (since on Taobao they are in Chinese Yuan) just Google "Chinese Yuan to USD" and you can convert it there.
Hope I helped! If you need more assistance I'll be glad to help and provide images if needed. :)
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline Malancaiwen

• Celtic pony
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 12:40:17 AM »
Above posters said it all!
You need an agent because buying on taobao is not like ebay and you get to talk to the seller ... in chinese of course!

My only extra advice if you're looking for clothes or anything is to pay close attention to the side ads, they are quite well made and you can often access to pages that offer better/cheaper things or more choice. Do not hesitate to click even if in the end your whole title turns chinese, that's how you'll find the best deals.
Also, if your research indicates hundreds of pages, surf at least 20 to 30 of them, the cheaper elements are hardly ever on the first page!

Good luck :)

RedheadedBeauty

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 12:44:11 PM »
Thank you all so much this has been a huge help and thanks so much for the agent suggestion. I figured I need one but I wasn't sure who to use there seem to be allot out there so it's nice to have a suggestion. I have another question if I do buy something like a pony that has already been released will it come in it's box like I would get at the store or in a bag? I've seen several in bags but they have all been unreleased ones.

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 01:46:36 PM »
If it's boxed, it will usually be photographed in a box, or there will be mention of it in the product description. Chinese-to-English translation isn't exactly seamless, however, so it can be tough to tell what you're looking at.

From what I understand, many products are sold without their boxes.

RedheadedBeauty

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 01:48:57 PM »
That's what I was worried about. I'm mainly looking at a FS Applejack and she's shown in box which is what I want since I have all the other ones MIB just can't get my hands on that one.

Would this mean it's in it's box? Hasbro original genuine, new packaging!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 01:54:07 PM by RedheadedBeauty »

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2012, 01:50:28 PM »
You may be able to communicate with the seller through your agent. If your agent service has an email address, I'd send the product link to them and ask them if they can tell you whether or not it's mint-in-box. :)

RedheadedBeauty

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2012, 01:54:31 PM »
That's a great idea thank you so much!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal