collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Fantasize about your future  (Read 2329 times)

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasize about your future
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2012, 07:07:37 PM »
My biggest dream?  To be able to control my mental disorders.  That's all I want.  I don't want to get married, have kids, I don't have any career goals.  I really don't have any goals, period.  All I want in my future is to be in control, and to be relatively happy with myself (that last one, I know will never happen...I just want to have control over my own mind). 
This CAN happen, and you CAN be happy. Trust me, I went through it all and over again. I never thought I could attain happiness and now....I am so at peace and loving life, it;s incredible! If you need anyone to talk to, shoot me a pm.

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2012, 07:22:47 PM »
My biggest dream?  To be able to control my mental disorders.  That's all I want.  I don't want to get married, have kids, I don't have any career goals.  I really don't have any goals, period.  All I want in my future is to be in control, and to be relatively happy with myself (that last one, I know will never happen...I just want to have control over my own mind). 

Man I feel you on that one :/ My depression has gotten so out of hand lately that I can barely do anything any more. I dream of just being in control of myself and my impulses and not feeling so hopeless all the time.

I also hope one day to be with someone who actually loves me and treats me well, as this has yet to happen. And I want to get back into my artwork, and lose all the weight I've gained from my depression binges, which hopefully will help find that special man friend. I just feel like all of it is so impossible even though my goals aren't really that lofty.

Offline DoctorMowinckel

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • A good companion in a weird sort of way.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.edwardrmowinckel.com
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2012, 09:58:34 PM »
I wish I had a time machine so I could peek five years into the future and see if I’m going to end up pursuing photography or audio engineering. I’m adept and knowledgeable at both of them, but before I start dropping thousands (more) into one or the other, I’d like to know which one is the moneymaker. They’re both tough businesses in which to succeed, especially when in modern society, everyone’s a photographer and everyone has Pro Tools, but audio’s been serving me well.

I’ve been getting by as an audio engineer for the past 18 months, but lately all I’ve been doing is photography. I’ve had one paying audio gig all year (that started in late December and ended in January, so technically, that’s from last year), and three phone calls about photography work. I turned the latter three down ‘cause, I am, as I say, “not a photographer”. Right now, I can invest in studio lighting and set myself up as a studio photographer, or I can further expand my microphone and preamp closet.

I’ve considered changing the name of my business from Mowinckel Recording to Mowinckel Recording & Photography, and pursuing both, but I don’t know if I have the financial means, or the mental capacity to do both at a level I would deem acceptable.

I basically have no idea what I’m doing with my life. Future? I have no idea!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I have a blag about ponies.

silvercat

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2012, 11:30:18 PM »
My fiancé and my dream wedding!  We both want to have it at one of the Renisance fairs in Texas! To finally have my family to meet his and him! (my family is from the Illinois and Wisconsin area and his is a little scattered). I keep dreaming about my youngest nieces walking down the isle and my older nieces and nephews having so much fun at the TX Ren Fair!  I still pray that we can someday have this wedding, even if it takes time to save the money.

Another dream I have is working with animals. When I was back in collage I was trying to get some sort of education that dealt with animal like zoology.  Sadly, I found out around that time that I am bipolar and have an anxiety disorder.  Now I doubt I will ever be able to go back and finish my schooling, but I try to keep that small dream of finding a place in this world working with animals. Although at the moment, I will have to settle with making sure my kitties are fed :)

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2012, 10:20:57 AM »
I am forever drifting into my own world..

I adore to think of my university graduation, and then finally having the job of my dreams in children's nursing.. Wearing that uniform, putting my knowledge into place and caring for so many little ones. Then of a place of my very own. Perhaps a Victorian property, modernised inside.. or a neat little apartment, somewhere away from here in a city. I'd have my three kitties (Rosie the black kitty, Jasper the ragdoll  / bengal and Pickle the chubby ginger kitty)..

I'd eventually have children of my own. I'd ideally love girls, two of them.. but I wouldn't mind a boy.. I even have names in mind. Evie Mae and Amelia Rachael for girls, Rowan Lucas and Logan James for boys. I admit to enjoying spending time in children's sections in clothing stores (mind, some of the clothes do fit me) and in toy sections (when not looking for MLP) imagining what I would buy for my children.. how I'd decorate their bedrooms. I'd allow them to choose activities to do, I'd read them bedtime stories.. I'd bake with them, paint with them, take them on adventures.. I'd bring them up as well as I possibly could.

I don't know whether I'd marry. I don't think I could. But I'd like to think I would fine someone I loved to settle with.

Most importantly, I wish Anorexia would only play a minor part in my life. My health would be better. It wouldn't be constantly plaguing me.. I could take control over it.
Fight like a girl..

CowgirlApplejack

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2012, 01:52:09 PM »
Wow, those are some great fantasies :) Mine is simple by comparison! I just want to ride my motorcycle across country, see the states. I used to have big dreams, but being laid off twice in two years has made me rethink them and simplify them :)

Offline lizstaley

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Queen of the Giant Robots!
    • View Profile
    • http://adrastuscomic.com
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2012, 05:48:13 PM »
My dream is to make a living off my art and writing, mainly my comic that I publish on my site. One day I want to be able to quit my day job and work on my art full time. I'd also love to illustrate for role-playing game books! (Especially Evil Hat, the company that does the Dresden Files RPG)

Offline Sonata

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2012, 10:00:55 AM »
My biggest dream is to have a nice flat and live a peaceful and wonderful life with my boyfriend <3 We don't want any children or anything, so we will travel a lot during our life I'm sure~ I also dream (and will do it, no matter what) to create a webcomic about a story that I have in my mind ever since I am 13. I have never forgotten about it and I am still developing it, but right now I am reading a lot of books to help me write the story and create the whole world, but I know it will still be a long while until it happens... Ah well !

Besides that, I just want to animate and illustrate and work on a freelance basis ! :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal