collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I Won't Buy from (Company Name)!  (Read 20162 times)

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: I Won't Buy from (Company Name)!
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2012, 10:10:00 PM »
Proctor and Gamble for one I can think of at midnight. I don't buy a ton of processed foods either but no particular brand I can think of besides Market Pantry.

As far as pet foods go, Nutro used to (I mean over a decade ago) test positive for pentabarbitol. This is the chemical used to put companion pets to sleep. It is not used on cows or horses or livestock animals that would either be too big to use a costly medication to put them to sleep with or would be used in human consumption. The only conclusion you can draw as to how Nutro foods contained this chemical is rendered companion animal meat.
I also don't use Blue Buffalo because they hide the by-products using scientific names. And also out is any food containing menadione.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 10:13:01 PM by HavACrumpet452 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2012, 10:43:07 PM »
Couldn't they use that stuff to kill fur bearing animals? Not that rendered fur animals is much better but as long as people continue to wear fur the bodies need to go somewhere.

I don't see what is so bad about by-products. In the wild animals don't just eat the parts humans would eat. They eat everything including the organs and skin.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 10:46:58 PM by Wardah »
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2012, 11:25:33 PM »
Salvation army- for their similarly homophobic views and their support of extremist christian groups

I am not a big fan of Salvation Army either. I will never donate to them and I only shop at their thrift stores reluctantly. I prefer Savers but when it comes to toys at thrift stores you can only find what you find and if Savers is a bust that day but Salvation Army has something I collect I'm gonna buy it. But at least I don't feel guilty if I find a rare Pixietail in a G3 pony's hair and only pay .50 for the both of them.
The only way I can justify shopping there is that I'm rescuing them from their evil clutches  :P  I've actually never been to one.

Is there any pet food you guys recommend, since there seem to be so many who use gross byproduct?

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2012, 11:32:35 PM »
Kind of, but not quiet. I will generally purchase products, but not walk back in the door of certain places because of various reasons. Harvey Norman in Cranborne is on my no go list because the staff are idiots and the manager tries to tell you in a nice way you are a moron because you purchased a $2500 oven from them that is faulty. They just don't want to know about it.

The Commonwealth Bank signed me up for some form of life insurance about 8 - 9 years ago without my authority to do so, I tried to cancell the policy 3 times and failed to do so, I then shut my account down, and got a letter in the mail from them saying "please give us the details of your other account so we can start taking $ out of it for the policy you a) didn't sign up for and b) have also tried to cancel 3 times previously" I sat down there & then and wrote them a long letter to the manager stating if I ever heard from them or their insurance company again I would see them in court. I haven't heard from them since, and never walked back in their doors and I am a very happy woman.

Same goes with transactions online, if I have a poor transaction through ebay or similar I will never purchase from that seller or company again.

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2012, 12:12:35 AM »
Another one for me,
Dorthy Perkins I've brought several T-shirts from them, all of them basicaly shrunk, the design on them faded or cracked and they got holes pretty quickly. My brother won't shop at Burtons anymore for similar reasons.

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline stopxmotion

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Support independent film!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2012, 01:27:32 AM »
Is there any pet food you guys recommend, since there seem to be so many who use gross byproduct?

Canidae/Felidae, Natural Balance, Taste of the Wild, Wellness, Innova, Orijen
Two more little devils jumped over the wall.
Saying turn her out father, she'll murder us all.
To my fal-de-ral little law-day.

PandoraFox

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2012, 02:24:16 AM »
Huh. I see Toshiba mentioned in here a couple of times....but the Toshiba Satellite laptop that I am on is 6 years old, and I have never had any issues with it. But I am not doing anything extravagant with it, just living on-line :) i musts have gotten lucky!

I am not a big WalMart fan, and I don't eat Burger King either.

I don't care for Dell, but I have several Samsung products (2 LED TV's, 2 BlueRay players, 2 Smartphones) that are all awesome :) We have never had any issues with any of them yet.

I've got the opposite thing going actually. Ever since I've switched from Toshiba to Dell I haven't had any issues at all. Despite many people apparently having a lot of problems with Dell systems. I suppose it's partly down to luck really.
I'm just personally not taking my chances with Toshiba again.

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+266)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2012, 07:25:09 AM »
Only one comes to mind. A holiday company called Bonus Week Breaks.  Dad got a marketing call out of the blue a few years ago and actually bought a weekend break with them.  I then read up online and found the feedback was mostly bad so recommended he cancelled.  He tried but they weren't having it.  They now ring us up to remind us it's "expiring this week" but they've been doing that for the past few years!  At that time they can ring 4 times a week.  Because they're based abroad we can't report them for nuisance calling.  I've also tried three times to cancel with them but they still keep ringing back.  I'm hopeful they've finally got the message but I'm not holding my breath as March is the time they call the most.

I'll also never put any clothes out in Charity bags that come through the letterbox.  Half of them aren't from real charities and they get sold for profit rather than going to people who need them!

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2012, 07:51:37 AM »
I wouldn't ever use Direct Line insurance again after they kept my car for two weeks longer than expected after it was broken into and I had to give the hire car back before I got my own car back! And their communication during this time was shocking! This was ten years ago; I do not forgive and forget!

Scottish Power: they seem to think they are a savings account and that you should pay way more for your gas an electric than you what you actually use so you have a huge credit balance the whole time, even in summer. They also misrepresented their prices to hook me in then told me I wasn't paying enough (in the beginning before putting my payments up to waaay more than I was using like I first said)

TalkTalk: they changed our telephone service over to them without permission!! They phoned, we said send some info, they switched us!!

Close Premium Finance! Appauling service for too many reasons to remember! Many insurance companies use them as a finance company and if they do, I will NOT buy their insurance!

I think I'll stop there, I loathe poor customer service so could probably go on lol :P

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2012, 08:12:32 AM »
Another one for me too. Speaking of service providers- Astro, a local Pay TV provider.

Fed up of them. I've been asking them to bring in Boomerang, KidsCo and CBeebies for years and they never did (CBeebies eventually got picked up by a competing service, which I'm now subscribed to). They're more keen on bringing in Taiwanese and Hong-Kong drama channels and channels pertaining to soccer. They're also known to interrupt channels to show their own advertisements. They also dropped BBC Entertainment on the pretense that the channel wasn't popular (it's the only place Malaysians can get Doctor Who) and refused to bring in Discovery HD- they only have Discovery World HD, which does NOT air Mythbusters at all.

And they play dirty- they're known to force channels into "exclusivity" deals which prevents the channel from also signing with competing Pay TV providers in Malaysia, and they've probably did something very bad to be able convince the local regulatory bodies to prevent the competition from also transmitting using satellite (the competitions here all use IPTV, which uses a set top box that requires an Internet connection, instead). And to top it all off, they're partially owned by News Corp (aka FOX).

Ditched them in 2010. Sometimes I look back, then remember that they're the reason I can no longer get to watch Doctor Who.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 08:22:07 AM by RAMChYLD »
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Trade Count: (+61)
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2012, 09:11:58 AM »

Canidae/Felidae, Natural Balance, Taste of the Wild, Wellness, Innova, Orijen

Acana is another one. It's made by the same company as Orijen. It's what I feed my guys.

Wardah - it isn't so much the use of by-products that is the problem. It's the fact that most dog food companies ONLY use by-products for their foods with very little REAL protein in them. You want there to be a balance, since you're absolutely right that SOME by-products aren't unhealthy for animals to have as they would be eating part of that within the wild. Essentially you want to look for a dog-food company that breaks down the ingredients and some sort of REAL protein should be within the first 3 ingredients since that is what the majority of the food is made of.

If possible, you also want to see a % breakdown of the ingredients used - for example Acana's Grassland (what my Aussie is on) is 60% protein with about 55% of that being human-grade meat sources (in this case lamb). The first 4 ingredients are boneless lamb, lamb meal (high density lamb, with water removed - actually a better protein source for dogs than straight meat in dry dog foods), salmon meal, and herring meal. All of them are real protein sources. I choose a grain free product since my pup has skin allergies so they use potato's for a binding agent.

The bottom line is: Know what goes into the dog food. You should be able to read most of the ingredient label and understand what was included in the food. Pet food choices are a personal thing - some dogs do great on the 'mac n cheese' diet (ol'roy, beneful, kibbles and bits, etc.) but other dogs will need something more specialized, just like with people.

Others that I like are Nature's Instinct and Nature's Balance.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 09:15:52 AM by SurfStar »

Offline CrystalCrown

• Flamez o' Justice
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • You don't need a license to drive a sandwich!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2012, 09:53:38 AM »
for me, its Lush (the store that sells the high end soaps and lotions and stuff).
i dont shop there myself, but i helped my little sister place a order around $35 for a few different body butters and bath bombs and other stuff from their christmas line while it was current. we placed the order at the end of december right when the christmas line was discontinued (but they still had some in stock). here it is the middle of february and the order still hasn't been processed. waste of time and money.

then last year my sister ordered a cup (one of those really good thermal ones) from Glitzy Glam or something like that. the picture showed the cup with "professionally computer printed decal patterns" of purple and blue polka dots and a letter of your choice. so she placed the order but accidentally ordered one with a letter B instead of a T, so when that one came in we sent it back before ever opening it, then when we got the right one and opened it up, those "professionally computer printed" decals were STICKERS! about half of the decals peeled of the cup now. professionally computer printed MAH BUTT! that was a ripoff!
:fox: :rainbow: F is for friends who do stuff together, U is for you and me! N is for anywhere and anytime at all down here in the deep blue sea!  :frog:

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2012, 10:21:55 AM »
Toshiba, I'm not buying anything from them again if I can help it. I've had nothing but bad experiences with their products.

I won't buy HP for the same reasons!  Printers, laptops, software, I'm never buying anything from HP again!
I feel the exact same way! HP is garbage!
BTW...I love your new avie!
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2012, 12:09:09 PM »
I have kitties but I assume the same thing holds true.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Trade Count: (+61)
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2012, 12:18:14 PM »
I have kitties but I assume the same thing holds true.

Yup! I have a kitty too - I used the same idea for her food too.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal