collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What do you do you guys do...  (Read 3968 times)

Offline Sonata

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
What do you do you guys do...
« on: January 31, 2012, 07:28:39 AM »
... to wake up early and make that a routine? I've been having trouble with that ever since I know myself. I want to wake up early and make that a habbit everyday, but I can't ! Either I just ignore that and go back to sleep or I end up going to sleep in the middle of the morning and oversleep ! What helps you build a routine like that?

Thanks in advance !

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: What do you do you guys do...
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 07:34:31 AM »
Well, I've noticed that I wake up with the sun best, but I also only tend to sleep for a certain amount of time. So USUALLY if I go to bed earlier, I get up earlier. Unfortunately it only works when I can actually get to sleep going to bed earlier, which fails most of the time.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 07:49:09 AM »
Try going to bed earlier, but in small amounts. Try 15 minutes earlier than normal for a week and then maybe 20 mintues earlier than normal the next week and increase by 5 mintues until you've reached a goal sleep time. Keep your alarm clock away from your bed, if you have to get up to turn it off you'll be more motivated to not go back to sleep. Find something to do right away in the morning that motivates you to wake up...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 08:16:02 AM »
What I've learnt is that no matter when you go to bed, try to get up the same time every morning. Eventually the body will learn. The first week(s) is horrible and you're like a zombie from all the fatigue but once the morning routine is set, it's easier on the evening because then you'll know how tired you'll be if you stay up that extra hour.
I have it easy in the morning. The cats are used to getting breakfast 7 am every day and wake me up to let me know when it's time. They get their last meal of the day 11 pm so I go to bed afterwards. Pets are wonderful when it comes to routine.

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 04:54:26 PM »
Alarms, and multiple of them. I have 3 that go off about 10-15 mins apart. But I start them before I actually want to get up, so my sleep is gradually broken (I generally don't even notice or remember the first alarm), but I still get up when I need to. Having to get up and ready for work on time is a big motivator.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Claro

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 01:24:09 PM »
Oh! I had (still have) this problem, if you eat healthy, get exercise and all the stuff doctors say you must do, it COULD be that you have some kind of vitamin deficiency. That's what I had. If you've tried sleeping earlier and getting up at the same time for well over a month, consider seeing a GP. :)

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 01:26:06 PM »
If I have to be somewhere, my internal clock tends to wake me up at the right time, whether I want to get up or not :)

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 01:30:47 PM »
I'll second what Kiwi says!! It may sound odd....but I have an alarm which I set every morning an hour to 30 mins before I really need to get up - because its always a different time, I always awaken enough to check the clock. The proper alarm to get me up then wakens me up at the right time and because I was awake just 30 to 60 mins previously I have not been in as deep asleep....plus this way every morning I get that "yes! another 30 mins" feeling before I get up!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline stopxmotion

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Support independent film!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 02:08:33 PM »
Keep your alarm clock away from your bed, if you have to get up to turn it off you'll be more motivated to not go back to sleep.
This have never worked for me haha. I even have a dog that bugs me to take her outside before I am ready to get up sometimes, and I drag myself out with her, come back in and dive under the covers.

In fact, none of the normal suggestions work for me. I've tried them all. I can usually get myself into a good schedule for a couple weeks, and then my body is like NOPE I'M DONE. I'm convinced that some people are just not morning people, no matter how hard they try.
Two more little devils jumped over the wall.
Saying turn her out father, she'll murder us all.
To my fal-de-ral little law-day.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2012, 02:29:00 PM »
... to wake up early and make that a routine? I've been having trouble with that ever since I know myself. I want to wake up early and make that a habbit everyday, but I can't ! Either I just ignore that and go back to sleep or I end up going to sleep in the middle of the morning and oversleep ! What helps you build a routine like that?

Thanks in advance !

lol you just described most of my mornings. lol Wake up, its about 8-10 am-ish, tries to get up, gives up along the process, goes back to sleep. oversleeps till 12 ish.

I need to try to change my sleeping pattern aswell. I also tried setting up my alarm. Set it up, the next day it goes off, I get up to turn it off, ends up going back to sleep after turning it off.

Maybe I just need to stop staying up till 4ish in the morning =_=; yeah, that might be it. lol
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline TickledPink

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2012, 08:38:23 PM »
set your alarm and force yourself to get up at that time. Don't hit the snooze button, just get up. Do something that energizes you, or something to keep you busy so you don't get tempted to fall back into bed.
The weirdo formally known as ImmortalPanda

Offline DoctorMowinckel

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • A good companion in a weird sort of way.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.edwardrmowinckel.com
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2012, 08:45:30 PM »
I get up when my alarm goes off and curse about being awake. This is usually followed by cursing through breakfast, then sulking to the car and slamming the door. I handle it like an adult.

I have a blag about ponies.

Offline TickledPink

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+98)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2012, 08:47:39 PM »
I get up when my alarm goes off and curse about being awake. This is usually followed by cursing through breakfast, then sulking to the car and slamming the door. I handle it like an adult.

That sounds like me too. haha.
The weirdo formally known as ImmortalPanda

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2012, 11:09:03 AM »
I wish I could help, but even after a year of getting up at the same time every morning, it's horrifying.  I am sooo not a morning person!

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2012, 12:55:58 PM »
i have a cuppa tea to wake me up also having cats that scratch the door helps as soon as they hear you make an awake noise they start !!!! xaflamex

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal