collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Curious: how did you choose your user name?  (Read 22870 times)

DakHamee

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Curious: how did you choose your user name?
« Reply #90 on: January 26, 2012, 05:04:44 PM »
Just a nice and boring Animorphs reference.

Offline bladed

• Dabbles Pony
  • Gotta hit some wasabi mayo to settle the nerves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 28, 2012, 03:47:20 PM »
Well..
I got the sparkle bit from my ROBLOX name, sparklepop23. I added the r because.. I actually don't know. The "xx" bit because I'm very sweet IRL and 231 because it's my favourite number!
(also its my best friends birthdate.. 23/1/1995..)
A bit more about about the sparkler bit: I have a rabbit fursona called Cutz, and she has a pet lightning cat called Sparky. (:
I may ask for a name change, :3
Edit : I'll make it a bit clearer.
The "sparkle" in the first place was the fact that I used to have G3 Desert Rose(I still do, but not the big one), and she was one of the Sparkle Ponies from '04. I was going to be called sparklepop on ROBLOX but it was taken. Sparklerxx231 is my dA name and my YT name iirc. "pop" from my ROBLOX name was the fact when I signed up (2 years ago now) I was absolutely obsessed with bubbles. When I re-signed up for dA(because I lost my old one), "Sparklerpop" didn't sound right. So I changed it to Sparklerxx231 and it's my name almost everywhere (apart from on the TP I'm known as .cutz)
Edit: I recently got a name change.
The i bit is some thing I got off my friend when she called her bear character becky! and she added a upside down exclamation mark on the front and my other friend thought it was an i.
And sparkle because the same reason as earlier. She's actually the person who thought the ! was an i :good:
Have something I deem funny for reading this.
Spoiler
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

NO SKIPPY! DON'T DO IT!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 12:02:37 PM by iSparkle »

Offline SailorEarth

• Xena: Warrior Pony
  • Trade Count: (+165)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I have many skills
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cosplaycassie.com
« Reply #92 on: January 28, 2012, 05:19:32 PM »
I'm really into the whole recycling/love mother nature thing and decided to make up my own Sailor Moon character with that in mind. Not terribly original but I had fun with it. Even made a Sailor Earth costume  :biggrin: I've been using Sailor Earth ever since on nearly all forums. My pony persona's symbol is actually part of Sailor Earth's brooch.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 05:29:17 PM by SailorEarth »

Wish List~Pony Sales
Thanks Lina & Rainbowjuice for my adoptables!

Offline TokiBear

• Wibbly Wobbly, Timey Wimey
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • We're all stories in the end...
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 29, 2012, 09:27:51 AM »
Gosh, all of these stories are great. They are so very interesting to read! 

Since about 2005, my online alias Kodiak Sunset named after my horse. It was unique enough that no one had it so I just kept it. But as I got older, I started to feel like that just wasn't me anymore so when I joined Xbox live back in August of 2010, I chose to be PhyrePhy. Eventually, a friend and I changed our Halo tags to Toki and Doki. ;) but we had a falling out. However, my other friends just adopted me as Toki because we all felt it was more me. Then, one of them started referring to me as his Toki Bear and it just hit me. That was it. I had found my new online identity and thus, here I am today!

Mohawk

« Reply #94 on: January 29, 2012, 10:58:58 AM »
Since about 2005, my online alias Kodiak Sunset named after my horse. It was unique enough that no one had it so I just kept it. But as I got older, I started to feel like that just wasn't me anymore so when I joined Xbox live back in August of 2010, I chose to be PhyrePhy. Eventually, a friend and I changed our Halo tags to Toki and Doki. ;) but we had a falling out. However, my other friends just adopted me as Toki because we all felt it was more me. Then, one of them started referring to me as his Toki Bear and it just hit me. That was it. I had found my new online identity and thus, here I am today!

Goodness, what a journey! So I was wrong when I guessed it had something to do with the character Toki from Metalocalypse.

Offline TokiBear

• Wibbly Wobbly, Timey Wimey
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • We're all stories in the end...
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 29, 2012, 11:26:54 AM »

Goodness, what a journey! So I was wrong when I guessed it had something to do with the character Toki from Metalocalypse.

Lol nope! X3  But I have actually seen some of that show!  And I haven't the slightest idea where... But I remember going, hey!  Toki!

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #96 on: January 29, 2012, 07:14:44 PM »
Hmmm i used to be in pageants leading into the miss america pageant. I aged out never took my state title. I lurked this site forever. Saw a mrs. America program and started doing pageants again. I have until i am 50 to win my state. It was after i picked my name when i realized it was a G3 pony name:)
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline whiskerz85

• Big Brother Pony
  • MLP 4 LIFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 29, 2012, 09:09:12 PM »
I use my user name every where. On Ebay, Etsy, the TP, and now here. Whiskerz was my cat. She just past away last Easter weekend at 19yrs old. :( I changed the s to a z just because I like it and it's different. The 85 is the year I was born.
Here's my Whiskers

Timepiece

« Reply #98 on: January 30, 2012, 01:00:28 AM »
Have I posted this?

I guess to summarize (again), my original nickname is "Timer Rabbit". When I want to make my Ponysona, I wanted to make my own based on my name. Originally the name "Timer Rabbit" came from a mix of Timer from Pop'n Music and Rodger Rabbit.

Anyway, back to origins of Timepiece. A graphic artist and fellow BEMANI fanatic over at Z-i-V named "Lord Toon" created these "User Song Title" banners, creating mock-graphics based on the DDR graphics, except original in some way. He made one for me based on my "Timer Rabbit" nickname.

"Timepiece Leopridae".

Those two words have been used on my other projects (like "Leopridae Magia") since I love these fancy words. When I created my ponysona, I knew I just have to use "Timepiece".

And so... She was born, as well have to use this name for a MLP-related forum. Also, you are free to call me "Timer" instead. I am attached to that name since 2006 because it's gender neutral... :V Timepiece too I guess.

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #99 on: January 30, 2012, 01:10:49 AM »
Well, I've had this name since the late 90s. The first three letters stand are the first three letters of shows I loved, and the last 5, well, they're the first letters of my each part of my real name :P
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline WeepingPiano

• Medieval Merpony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 31, 2012, 12:13:30 AM »
These threads are always fun.
Mine has multiple parts and meanings, so... here we go ^w^
There is a DDR song called "Speed over Beethoven" (to the tune of Fur Elise) that has the line, "While my piano gently weeps, listen to Beethoven". I adore classical music and I always thought that line brought up lovely imagery.
Then, there was a band I loved (and still do) where the pianist\vocalist and the drummer were really close friends, and the drummer died. (They did a beautiful piano-drum duet together) so there is more "weeping piano" imagery.
The piano is my favorite instrument and I do play.
The term "weeping" is important too. I am not a generally sad person, but it sounds lovely. A piano can be so expressive. It can be happy or silly or melancholy or angry. Weeping is so deep and touching. It is not sad or crying or whiney. When you weep, it is a big deal, either out of sorrow or joy. Just think of a piece of music for the piano that is just so beautiful and moving that you feel like weeping. (yay more imagery)
Also, it feels artistic, mature, and meaningful to me :D
So when I got my first email address, Mom asked what I wanted it to be, and she would not let me use "eviler-than-you" so I picked weepingpiano.
Also, it is never taken, so I use it everywhere ^^

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 31, 2012, 07:56:31 AM »
I like my little ponies therefore mlp's are for me...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline VanillaBean

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.VanillaTwist.deviantart.com
« Reply #102 on: January 31, 2012, 10:40:57 AM »
I make cakes, cookies, cupcakes, chocolates etc. in my spare time.  I picked buttercream because it's my favourite icing (fondant is pretty, and very trendy, but it doesn't taste good).  I guess it kind of describes the stuff I make.

I love your username, it's awesomely quirky  :)
Hunting for G2 MLP & Pretty Pony Club magazines! :)

Offline Lancer

• Trade Count: (+164)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Diary of a Daydreamer
« Reply #103 on: January 31, 2012, 12:07:19 PM »
I just named myself after my favourite MLP character.  Boring, huh?

Well, there is a bit more to it than that...

When I was a kid and didn't have access to the internet, I would go pony hunting at car boot sales/charity shops etc., but I especially wanted to find "The Three Favourites" (Truly, Lancer and Lofty, who I loved in the TV show).  Alas, it was not to be, as Truly and Lofty were never sold in the UK and Lancer didn't exist as anything but a cartoon character.  I got Lofty almost as soon as I started buying online in 2005, and Truly at Ponycon that year.  I joined the online pony community soon after that Ponycon when I was still desperately hoping information would show up about the three Tales boys.  By that point, I had almost accepted that Lancer would never be a part of my herd, so I chose the name as a kind of tribute to a childhood dream could never be realised. :(

Well, that and I had a serious crush on Lancer's voice actor... :blush:

Offline PensivePine

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://theorygirl.livejournal.com
« Reply #104 on: February 01, 2012, 07:33:09 AM »
When I was in college, I worked at the dining hall, and every year the student workers would have an overnight campout.  One year, the student managers decided to come up with "indian" names for everyone, and the one they gave me was Pensive Pine (since I was pretty quiet most of the time).  I liked the sound of it, and so I started using it as my online handle in various places, including here.

The Rabbit Hutch is calling...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal