collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Again trouble with DollyHair...  (Read 21758 times)

Offline okiegurl1981

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://okiegurl1981.deviantart.com/
Re: Again trouble with DollyHair...
« Reply #75 on: January 04, 2013, 11:03:56 PM »
I've sent her an email about the fact that I was disappointed with my last order.  Out of 16 hanks of hair, 9 of them were grossly underweight, and are not going to be enough for me to rehair a regular sized G3 with.  I doubt three of them would even do a G4.  :(  I'm not going to hold my breath waiting on a response.
Facebook | Deviantart | Etsy
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Rainbowjuice

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • /)*brohoof*(\
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 04, 2013, 11:10:37 PM »
*EDITED* for ignoring a Mod Warning.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 01:29:10 AM by ponylady »
Wanted: G1 Minty & G1 Bowtie

Huge thanks to Ivy for my sig ♥♥

Offline Em_L._Pea_Customs

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 05, 2013, 12:35:01 AM »
She has time to start a new thread in Customs.
 http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,319042.new.html#new
*WANT LIST*
FKA cookhuman

Offline Pythia

• Trade Count: (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 05, 2013, 01:22:21 AM »
You are not alone Sunshine. I know a couple people directly who I will not name out of respect for their privacy who think that Dollyhair gets special treatment because she has been around for so long and they are afraid to speak up because they think the moderators will just make excuses for her and then lock and hide the posts. They are of the assumption that because she is the only one who carries those hair colors that no one will stand up to her and no one will back the people who DO stand up to her. So they stay mostly quiet unless someone else says something first.

More people need to speak up when they have these problems. Thank you for doing so.

While I *don't* think this is the case, I *can* see where people would get the idea. It's incredibly frustrating that so many threads on this topic are getting locked, when these threads are generally the only easy way we have to communicate as a group with each other about what's happening.
It's also one of the only ways people have of finding out that there *is* a problem, and as soon as a thread gets locked it disappears - and while someone pointed out that you can still search and find locked threads, that only works if you know to search for something in the first place! :P

I know it must be tricky for the mods keeping this all civil, but apart from the occasional discussion of other retailers (which has now clearly been warned against) I think these threads are mostly staying pretty on topic and civil. It's obviously a subject which has many members upset and angry. People feel they're getting ignored at best -  and intentionally ripped off and scammed at worst. So it's obviously a touchy subject.

I guess what I'm asking is if the mods could, for this thread at least, try to stick to warnings and post edits, rather than closing the thread outright? I don't know about anyone else, but I'd *really* like to know what's going on with our orders, and it makes it a lot easier to work out what to do if we can all communicate about it out in the open.
Looking for: Alternate Birthflowers, Baity wingers, So softs - both minty and for deflocking - and DREAM BEAUTIES!

Offline kezrob23

• my heart beats true for the Red and the Blue
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 05, 2013, 04:26:04 AM »
You are not alone Sunshine. I know a couple people directly who I will not name out of respect for their privacy who think that Dollyhair gets special treatment because she has been around for so long and they are afraid to speak up because they think the moderators will just make excuses for her and then lock and hide the posts. They are of the assumption that because she is the only one who carries those hair colors that no one will stand up to her and no one will back the people who DO stand up to her. So they stay mostly quiet unless someone else says something first.

More people need to speak up when they have these problems. Thank you for doing so.

While I *don't* think this is the case, I *can* see where people would get the idea. It's incredibly frustrating that so many threads on this topic are getting locked, when these threads are generally the only easy way we have to communicate as a group with each other about what's happening.
It's also one of the only ways people have of finding out that there *is* a problem, and as soon as a thread gets locked it disappears - and while someone pointed out that you can still search and find locked threads, that only works if you know to search for something in the first place! :P

I know it must be tricky for the mods keeping this all civil, but apart from the occasional discussion of other retailers (which has now clearly been warned against) I think these threads are mostly staying pretty on topic and civil. It's obviously a subject which has many members upset and angry. People feel they're getting ignored at best -  and intentionally ripped off and scammed at worst. So it's obviously a touchy subject.

I guess what I'm asking is if the mods could, for this thread at least, try to stick to warnings and post edits, rather than closing the thread outright? I don't know about anyone else, but I'd *really* like to know what's going on with our orders, and it makes it a lot easier to work out what to do if we can all communicate about it out in the open.

:thumb: well said :) i have liked the fb page today, and it seems so far that a couple of people have had answers, so maybe if anyone having trouble has facebook, get on there. after all, it is much more public than here, and who would want their business outed on such a public level?

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 05, 2013, 05:06:01 AM »

We do our best to try and keep these threads open where possible.  There have been 3-4 warnings already in this thread ;)  Its when people ignore the warnings that more issues arise, and we cant be on hand 24/7 to babysit threads unfortunately. but I do understand what you are saying, and these DH issues do need to be out in the open so they can be resolved more easily, and so that others can be aware of potential problems :awake:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 05, 2013, 05:27:42 AM »
Ringlets is right.

I am also sorry to those of you that took offense to my last warning.  My point was that this is not a place to call out DH's membership.  Plus my warnings have been completely ignored over and over again.  Please try and understand this from a Mods position.  We want it to remain civil and on topic so that we don't have to read through 30 pages to try and figure out who is owed what and from when. 

I am just as frustrated and mad as everyone else.  I do not think anyone realizes how much time has been spent dealing with this.  It is time consuming trying to keep track of all the people she owes hair to or a refund, let alone making sure this thread remains on topic.  Again I apologize.     
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline okiegurl1981

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://okiegurl1981.deviantart.com/
« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2013, 06:29:38 AM »
 :grouphug:  Big hugs for all the mods. 
Facebook | Deviantart | Etsy

Offline Rainbowjuice

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • /)*brohoof*(\
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 05, 2013, 06:33:21 AM »
@mods..Sorry. I didn't realise my comment was out of order *scurries away*
Wanted: G1 Minty & G1 Bowtie

Huge thanks to Ivy for my sig ♥♥

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #84 on: January 05, 2013, 08:01:34 AM »
I am sorry but that makes me furious. This is what she always does! She has hoards op upset customers and does NOTHING to address the issue, she just puts out a coupon code that's only valid for a ridiculously short time and is only a minimal discount anyway and hopes that will distract everyone from the problem. I am not INTERESTED in placing any more orders and giving you any more of my money! I want what I paid for in the first place!

I am still awaiting a response to my many e-mails. This is not making anything better.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 08:03:39 AM by NoDivision »

Offline MoonHawke

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Gaming is Magic
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 05, 2013, 08:27:25 AM »
I am sorry but that makes me furious. This is what she always does! She has hoards op upset customers and does NOTHING to address the issue, she just puts out a coupon code that's only valid for a ridiculously short time and is only a minimal discount anyway and hopes that will distract everyone from the problem. I am not INTERESTED in placing any more orders and giving you any more of my money! I want what I paid for in the first place!

I am still awaiting a response to my many e-mails. This is not making anything better.
I cannot speak on all the times that situations like this came up with DH, but in regards to the issue in August/September I believe it was:
That seems like a small hiccup due to her being down an employee. A coupon code at that time seemed to be a fair response. Orders were slow and she wasn't checking email because she was understaffed. Fine.

This time I feel like it's a slap to the face. :stressed:
Wishlist: Cherry Blossom :heart: Fairy Dust

Offline NoDivision

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #86 on: January 05, 2013, 08:41:41 AM »
Except last time it happened the coupon code still didn't solve anything - the problem was that she wasn't communicating with customers at all, which is what is happening again now. The bottom line is we do not need coupon codes (that are always only valid for a few days anyway). There is an underlying problem of bad customer service that needs to be addressed, and until that is made a priority nothing else is an appropriate response or solution.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 08:43:16 AM by NoDivision »

Offline blackestbird

• Trade Count: (+16)
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 05, 2013, 09:15:14 AM »
Ugh, she still hasn't even responded to you NoD?

This is another issue. I finally got a response last night, late at night too. I emailed her a couple of weeks after you did I think. I sent them twice, but the first email was on Dec. 26. I needed a response, and I'm glad I finally got one, but she should've responded to you first it seems :/ I don't understand the hit-and-miss responses, why some get them and others don't. The thread before last I was someone who had been receiving responses too, while others weren't.

My response, btw, isn't much different than the coupon thread, just more detailed. The reason given to me was the ex-assistant too.

Anyway, just wanted to post here that I had gotten a response finally.
sig image coming back soon, oops!
:heart: Thank you Nence for my beautiful av; pinkfrappuccino for my adorable sig :heart:
Lyrical Echo Ref  Pony Blog [under construction;relocating]  Commissions: CLOSED for the holidays

Offline NoDivision

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #88 on: January 05, 2013, 09:18:33 AM »
Glad you heard something. I expect my response will probably be along the same lines, but maybe not. The e-mail(s) I sent her were quite long and detailed, so maybe it will take her longer to respond to my concerns.

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #89 on: January 05, 2013, 09:21:31 AM »
Can we maybe make a list of who's owed what?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal