collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!  (Read 79938 times)

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!
« Reply #1455 on: August 04, 2022, 04:47:17 PM »
^ BC,  :hug: :heart:

----
I've been away from Areena for a while and I may not be here as often in the future because my laptop broke!  :rant: Or in fact, the fault might be in its adapter, which can be replaced with a new one, but a new one costs a little too much at this point in life. I'll have to ask my brother first if he has a spare part to try out before I waste my money on it as I'm not entirely sure if that's what's wrong with it.
The laptop is already old, 9 years old, but in good condition. I suspect the battery caused it to short out. The machine prompted to connect it to the mains, and that's where I've had it the whole time.  :nuts: The battery ran out when it couldn't get mains power to start charging and the machine turned off. This is why it won't start anymore. Luckily, I can borrow my mom's laptop sometimes.

In addition to this, the smartphone broke down and won't turn on either.  >_< Fortunately, we have backup phones for this situation.
:zzz:

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: August 04, 2022, 07:23:29 PM »
:hug: BC

I called my drs office early this morning because I wasn't sure if I could take one of the medicines along with the ones I'm taking for Covid.  The receptionist said I didn't need a telemed appointment for that and she'd make a note for the dr to call me.  I waited all day for him to call.  He finally called after 6 and told me I can't take both medicines at the same time but I could stop the one I was taking for Covid and then could take the other medicine.

We had the house and yard sprayed for insects and bugs today.  The stuff the company uses has to dry for about an hour and a half before it's safe for pets.  I picked up my small dog to take her across the street to do her business since she couldn't do it in our yard (I took a bag to clean up after her too).  When I got out there one of the other neighbors' big dogs was loose and the neighbors across the street were trying to hold on to it.  The dog got away from them and tried to jump at my mom.  The dog then ran up to me and tried to jump up to my dog.  I held my dog tightly and wouldn't put her down.  The other neighbor finally grabbed their dog and took it home.  My dog was on a leash and the dog that got out wasn't.  I was glad that the big dog didn't bite but I didn't like it jumping like that on my mom or trying to get to my dog.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1457 on: August 05, 2022, 05:18:55 AM »
@Ponyfan I hope you and your family feel better soon. It's really irritating when people don't keep their dogs under control. i'm glad no one was hurt

My complaint today is that i'm annoyed with streaming services. so many shows i like have been removed or are spread across multiple services. i'm tired of paying for these services all the time. i'm really considering just buying the shows i like and canceling some subscriptions. it will probably be more expensive but at least i'll have shows available. i really just like to watch the same shows. i don't have a DVD player or space for DVDs but sometimes i really miss them. streaming is convenient but it gives the streaming companies too much power over what can be watched.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 05:22:21 AM by Beth3346 »
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Online Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: August 05, 2022, 08:02:55 PM »
BC I feel you on how quickly the money goes xxx

Ponyfan, I'm part worried about you, part worried about the loose dog. What if they got into your sprayed garden??? People with dogs need to use leashes, & train their dogs to accept them. You can't just let a dog charge about loose, both to protect the dog AND to protect other animals & people

Beth yep, streaming can be a pain these days. Everybody wants to have exclusivity over shows & films, & like I get it if you're Netflix & make your own originals, or if you're a cable network with a streaming service & stream your own shows too. But the shows & films should not be scattered across different services, & if they're not exclusive, everybody should be able to show them, not just one service

My complaint: why do I feel so tired??? And where is a certain regular occurrence??? Am I getting to dodgy age yet??? And why does nobody talk about dodgy age???
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: August 07, 2022, 08:24:26 PM »
My day off tomorrow will be spent reorganizing things so that my sister, her 3 kids and 2 dogs can move in next week. 

I am so over being the live-in nanny, maid, and dog sitter.

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #1460 on: August 08, 2022, 05:15:38 AM »
My complaint: why do I feel so tired??? And where is a certain regular occurrence??? Am I getting to dodgy age yet??? And why does nobody talk about dodgy age???

I was thinking the same, no one seems to talk about menopause, it is still a taboo :( Never really got told anything in school about it, Mum never said anything.

It might be worth talking to a dr about you feeling so tired and mentioned the missed monthly :hug:

My gripe: I have chicken pox.

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1461 on: August 08, 2022, 05:32:04 AM »
Chicken pox! Oh no :( That's really dangerous when you get it as an adult. Take good care of yourself :hug: I've never had chicken pox as far as I know, so it's something that scares me a bit because I can still get it.

My complaint for today is playing phone tag with my dad for two days. His surgery is Friday but tomorrow he has to go in for some pre op stuff. My mom didn't have details, so I want to talk to my dad but he never answers when I call and when he calls back I'm doing something and not by my phone.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #1462 on: August 08, 2022, 07:48:58 AM »
Spoke to the drs, sent them pictures, they said I’m really sick. I’ve been prescribed anti-viral medication. My Dad was able to collect it for me from the pharmacy.

I had Chicken Pox as a child, so I thought I’d be immune and so ok to look after my Mum, who currently has Shingles. Turns out I’ve caught it off her (you can get Chicken Pox off someone who has Shingles) because I’m immune compromised due to autoimmune disease.

I have spots everywhere and I mean EVERYWHERE, in areas you never want to get Chicken Pox spots.

I feel stupid as I should have realised. I got Whooping Cough twice, once a a child and again as a teen, which resulted in me being hospitalised.

I hope you can get in touch with your Dad, I know he’s got a big surgery coming up and it’s scary for everyone.

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: August 08, 2022, 01:59:29 PM »
@pkw i hope you feel better soon. i never knew you could catch chicken pox from someone who has shingles. the shingles vaccine commercials say it's the same virus so i guess it makes sense.

@BC i think there is a vaccine for chicken pox now. i'm not sure about any details but might be worth asking your doctor. also i hope everything goes well for your dad :)

i want to schedule time off but i need to wait a little while for other people to get back from vacations.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: August 08, 2022, 07:16:11 PM »
Pinkkittywinks, I'm so sorry you have chickenpox. :hug:

BC, I hope you get to talk to your dad soon.  I know how worrisome it can be when you keep trying to get a hold of someone and can't.

Several complaints today from me.  I had to see a new asthma dr last month because my old one retired.  She ordered blood work and an xray.  I decided to get them done today.  I went to the place I always go to but it was closed with a sign on the door to go to the hospital next door for lab work.  Everyone at the hospital was really nice but they kept questioning why the lab was closed and sending people over there. 

I posted on another site that I needed help with something so I can apply for a job. I got a range of answers (everything from "I can't help" to "Google it".) One person I knew in high school messaged me and said they would call me today and try to help me.  They never called even though I wrote them back and confirmed the number they'd be calling from since I don't answer numbers I don't know.  I'm hoping something came up and they weren't able to call and that they didn't just tell me that they would and aren't going to follow through. 

Ponyfan 

Online Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: August 09, 2022, 04:13:16 AM »
Get well soon PKW!!! And take care of yourself xxx

My trivial complaint: I have no clue how to ditch old cooking oil, like the stuff from my deep fryer. I thought I could use it by frying stuff in it, but it's picked up an unpleasant taste along the line & that contaminates EVERYTHING cooked with it (& those who see my Slice Of Life threads know I do a LOT of cooking now). Even diluting it with new oil isn't working... All I know is it CANNOT go down the sink, the toilet, or anything like that because oil in drains is a massive NOPE. What to do...

We might have to start a thread in WYP for the dreaded Five Zero & all that comes with it... Not seen the doctor's in ages & kind of worried about going as I live in a small village & medical coverage has been cut, so we share with another village I can't get to by bus... But NHS troubles are another whinge...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1466 on: August 09, 2022, 05:32:30 AM »
Thank you all :hug: My dad has to go for his pre op today.

@PBW Yeah, you have to change your oil. I used to deep fry a lot. It'll get rancid especially if you also fry meat in it. What I used to do was I got an empty paint can from a friend and poured the oil in there. Kept it under the sink. When it got full I took it to the dump and put it in the hazardous pile. That's when I lived in in the middle of nowhere in South Carolina. Here in Florida if you call the garbage company they'll do a special pick up for things that can't go in the garbage, like oils. You can also drop certain things off at the fire department. So, my advice would be to call waste management and ask them what to do.

My complaint is my hands. They're sore and ache. My right hand is my carpal tunnel wrist, so I'm used to having problems with that one, but my left hand hurts too. Oh... I just realized, it's probably from rubbing the glue off my fingers yesterday. I bet that's it.

Another very trivial complaint is I play this game, it's a breeding game and also like an idle clicker. Anyway, you can have "friends" that come to your islands and light your torches for you, which helps you breed certain monsters. I've been concentrating on one island and people will light all my torches there. Great! But then the rest of my "friends" swipe right to the next island which I'm done breeding for now. I have all the monsters on it. So the lit torches don't do anything. I wish more people would realize that and light torches on a different island. It's just a waste otherwise. Oh, and you can only light someone else's torches once a day.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: August 09, 2022, 11:06:03 AM »
i put in for some time off in a month. i feel like it's going to be non-optional soon. i'm definitely getting burn out. i think having some time off should help. being stuck inside because of the hot weather doesn't help.

Online Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: August 10, 2022, 08:31:35 AM »
Cheers for that BC. Will bring it up again with my new support worker & see if she can take some away for me. I'm vegetarian, but the stuff had been sitting for YEARS, so that's probably the issue (I forget, but I may have deep-fried some spicy stuff too). Oh well. And all the best for your Dad xxx

Here's hoping you get some down-time Beth xxx We all need a lazy day sometimes; we can't be on the go 24/7/365-6

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: August 10, 2022, 07:27:22 PM »
Yesterday I wanted to eat some Ramen noodles for lunch. Every package I pulled out of the cabinet had best buy dates of 6 months or older (some were even 5 years old).  My mom said "It's fine" but I didn't want to eat them because they were so old.   

Today my mom wanted me to help her with something on the computer. Right when I started trying to work on it she told me to stop because lunch was ready.   After trying to log her in she told me to reset her password.  She didn't get the password reset email.  Then she told me that she had never logged in to the new website (that's why it didn't recognize her password).  If she would have told me that in the first place I would have saved a lot of time.

Ponyfan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal