collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: First Look at G5 Toys  (Read 82700 times)

Offline StrawberryScoops

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
Re: First Look at G5 Toys
« Reply #555 on: July 24, 2021, 12:37:31 PM »
The eyebrows definitely stand out on that new set but I like some of the pony colors. I also just realized the wings can be adjusted on these ones which is neat. I like this set with new characters quite a bit!

Offline Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #556 on: July 24, 2021, 01:19:28 PM »
Chili pepper pony!! :D her hair almost looks like it could be GITD, which would be REALLY cool!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: July 24, 2021, 01:19:35 PM »
I like the wings on the yellow/purple pegasus. It looks like the white/green/purple  one has a jewel symbol, like the Princess Ponies and the Birthstones.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2021, 01:23:27 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: July 24, 2021, 01:57:11 PM »
I completely agree Rose, this is just ridiculous and so backwards! Even the G4 boys had proper hair, sure it was different to the girls, but they still weren't stuck with stupid molded manes. -_- I've NEVER understood why boy dolls with proper brushable hair are so rare, but extending that to PONIES?!? Are you kidding me, Hasbro???

I hated the troll doll hair, and the roached manes and mop top.

Yeah, I wasn't a big fan of the troll hair or mohawks either, but I'd take them any day over molded hair :(

Shutter Snap is a CUTE name! Best G5 name so far IMO. Not a huge fan of this set - I just don't like ponies with articulated legs, their symbols always end up looking strange and badly placed - but I do love the character variety! Their faces are quite nice too. I'm not sure who's who but I love the hair on the one next to Izzy (maybe that's Shutter? her symbol looks like an aperture)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: July 24, 2021, 02:30:46 PM »
I completely agree Rose, this is just ridiculous and so backwards! Even the G4 boys had proper hair, sure it was different to the girls, but they still weren't stuck with stupid molded manes. -_- I've NEVER understood why boy dolls with proper brushable hair are so rare, but extending that to PONIES?!? Are you kidding me, Hasbro???

I hated the troll doll hair, and the roached manes and mop top.

Yeah, I wasn't a big fan of the troll hair or mohawks either, but I'd take them any day over molded hair :(

Shutter Snap is a CUTE name! Best G5 name so far IMO. Not a huge fan of this set - I just don't like ponies with articulated legs, their symbols always end up looking strange and badly placed - but I do love the character variety! Their faces are quite nice too. I'm not sure who's who but I love the hair on the one next to Izzy (maybe that's Shutter? her symbol looks like an aperture)

I don't. Big Brother hair or nothing.  That said, I'm all about the pegasus,  for their lovely multi-colored wings this gen.

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #560 on: July 24, 2021, 03:19:56 PM »
I love the pegasi ponies in the new amazon set!! I guess I won't be buying any more of the crystal adventure ponies since they're the exact same. I'm guessing it'll retails around $30-$40?

Especially love Queen Haven, very happy to see non mane 5 ponies already
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline Mrs. Prospector

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • I write essays about horse-shaped hunks of plastic
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: July 24, 2021, 04:39:31 PM »
I'm REALLY glad to see new ponies this gen, but I'm still pretty concerned that the classic brushable pony doesn't appear to be the standard and they're still going with the tiny molded hair action figures for the main line. Brushable hair makes the recoloring definitely less obvious.

Offline InkyMilk

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: July 24, 2021, 04:41:06 PM »
I'm REALLY glad to see new ponies this gen, but I'm still pretty concerned that the classic brushable pony doesn't appear to be the standard and they're still going with the tiny molded hair action figures for the main line. Brushable hair makes the recoloring definitely less obvious.

Same 😢 these new designs are super cute and I'm loving the variety, but the articulated limbs and molded hair makes them so unappealing.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: July 24, 2021, 04:41:28 PM »
Omgoodness I LOVE the different characters! The color combos are so nice! I really like the one in all different shades of blue. I don't usually collect molded hair ponies, though. I'll have to see them after they get released... Here's hoping we get some non-Mane 5 brushables too!
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: July 24, 2021, 06:11:44 PM »

Agreed. I'd be THRILLED with this set if they were brushables. Are the "main" version of G5s the articulated, fully molded ones like these? I hope not. They're cute but the main toys should be brushable. I guess we'll see.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: July 24, 2021, 08:15:53 PM »
I want some of those for customs,  and some to keep as is. I'll see if someone wants the resulting frankenponies for bait afterwards.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2021, 08:22:30 PM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: July 24, 2021, 08:59:52 PM »
These are the most promising ones I've seen so far, mostly because of the new characters. I'm still holding out for brushables though before I buy any.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: July 25, 2021, 03:05:32 PM »
Dear Hasbro,  please stop throwing darts at names, and going with whatever it landed on. Dazzle Feather, Ruddy Sparks and Zoomwing are dumb.

Offline serena-hime

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: July 25, 2021, 03:14:43 PM »
I think the figures in that set are really cute! I'm warming up to some of the toys so far- I really love the big Pipp and sitting Sunny, and I think I'll grab all of the Styling size ponies (minus Hitch with his sculpted mane lol) since they all look very nice. I preferred the Styling G4 ponies so I'm glad I will enjoy the G5 versions as well at least.

Offline ridi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Depends Pony
  • Bug whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Swellpage.com
« Reply #569 on: July 26, 2021, 02:32:24 AM »
I hate the new names too, Leave a Whisper. I thought the new naming style (Sunny, Izzy, Pipp etc) was cute, but now they're steering right back into G3/G4 ad-lib territory. When do we get our first Sweetie-something Something-Sparkle?

Anyone post these yet? The pic of Izzy with strands of hair hanging off both sides of her head looks so funny. Glad these have the more traditional rooting patterns rather than the human-esque styling ponies though. Of course, the ponies in the animation have more human-looking hair themselves so the toys won't look as "show accurate".
« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 02:48:47 AM by ridi »

Wishlist

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal