collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Bizarre Shipping issue any thoughts  (Read 3214 times)

Offline Upthehill

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
Bizarre Shipping issue any thoughts
« on: July 01, 2015, 08:54:04 AM »
Hi,

I purchased several MLP stickers from international seller...I did receive a part of the stickers I paid for but 6 were missing...They were not the rarest but were all nice stickers.  Do you think that customs could have inspected the package and when opening it they could have dropped out?  This just seems bizarre to me??  I have all the originally packing material, all the other items but these stickers were not in the package when I received it...Any thoughts to give me peace of mind...

Thanks

[moving to TS ~ Kiwi]
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 10:11:24 AM by Kiwi »

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
Re: Bizarre Shipping issue any thoughts
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 09:00:11 AM »
Maybe contact the seller? They could've forgotten to ship the rest.
(Forgetfulness is a pain.)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 09:18:17 AM »
Oh man, hopefully they just forgot and everything gets resolved. Good luck. :)
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 10:48:44 AM »
Was this an ebay purchase, etsy, facebook, arena?  Where you met the seller helps to determine what you should do... also, we need to know which country they are coming from, and which country they are going to.

Definitely the first step, is to contact the seller. Let them know some of the items were missing. Send them a photo of the box, the wrapping materials, and the items that were inside exactly as you unpacked them, to find out if anything was tampered with. (I sent a package to someone once that was tampered with, it took us awhile to realize that the items had be repacked in different paper and a different box!)

Offline Upthehill

• Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 04:53:51 PM »
I have contacted the seller and they feels I am not finding them but are with the package..I am not a person that things go without me noticing...I have gone over unpacking them in my head hundreds of times!!!  They came from Germany to the US and I met the person on MLPArena..I unpacked in a very controlled environment and have put the ones that did come in my book...any thoughts??.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2015, 05:07:21 AM »
I'm so sorry to hear this :(  :hug:  Do you still have the original packaging? :what:  that might help clear up whether the items have been opened and repacked (as in Thunderwings experience) especially as you and your seller are both sure that you checked the contents of the parcel thoroughly. I don't think there would be any issue with stickers coming from Germany getting through customs but you never know.

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2015, 01:35:59 PM »
I have contacted the seller and they feels I am not finding them but are with the package..I am not a person that things go without me noticing...I have gone over unpacking them in my head hundreds of times!!!  They came from Germany to the US and I met the person on MLPArena..I unpacked in a very controlled environment and have put the ones that did come in my book...any thoughts??.

So the seller is confident that the stickers were sent. The buyer is confident that the stickers were not present in the package.

Did you send a photo of the packaging to the seller, to confirm that the parcel did not look like it was tampered with?

The best recourse is to file an insurance claim. Though I am betting they were just packaged in an envelope and sent via regular mail? (Buyer did not request insurance, seller did not offer insurance?)

Offline Upthehill

• Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2015, 09:47:29 PM »
I did take pictures of the package and everything that was in the package, sent them to the seller and I can't get a straight answer from her about the package and she gets defensive saying the I am accusing her, and so on but no real answer even after asking several times please look at pictures and see what you think...there were 6 stickers missing....I don't really know what has taken place, but I seen that this person got into words over the condition of a pony she sold and I feel she is acting the same way with the missing stickers, saying I am just making things up..I do think I could file a complaint with PayPal, but just want the 6 missing sticker and to put this behind me, now today I see that she posted the picture that she originally sent to me and has asked for price checks on the stickers???  I just have had my heart broken that I didn't get what I had agreed to and someone else very possibly will now get my stickers...

On a side note during this transaction she contacted me and asked me to purchase a riding helmet because the company would not ship internationally, so I purchased helmet, shipped, and had tracking on the package, it says she has the helmet and she says she didn't receive it...And has never offered to pay for any of it..

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2015, 09:54:15 PM »
WOW, she's asking for a price check on the "missing" stickers??? :/ And not paying you for the riding helmet sounds pretty shady, too... this may be bad. Could it be possible she's getting a price check so she knows how much is fair to refund??? maybe??!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Upthehill

• Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2015, 09:56:15 PM »
I hope so...but so far has just made me feel like I have done something bad to her!!!

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2015, 10:09:02 PM »
Asking you to purchase an item & ship it to them BEFORE they pay you for it is very concerning. :huh:

I would recommend that you PM either Ringlets or ponylady (trader support mods) with the name of the seller. Sadly not everyone in ponyland is honest 100% of the time, and the mods may be able to give you some advise if the seller is known for causing problems. If it were only a case of missing stickers it could easily be a postal mistake, but factoring in the riding helmet purchase it sounds like there could be more to this story.

Best of luck sorting this out!!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2015, 08:09:02 AM »
Yes, please contact the mods ASAP.  :(  I am so sorry to hear that your goal of finishing your stickers is becoming marred by this experience.  I know you came to the forum very recently and offered a very large sum of money for items missing from your collection so I hope that your willingness to shell out $$$ isn't affecting their attitude in dealing with you!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Upthehill

• Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2015, 12:39:24 PM »
I did think of that!!!  I put a wanted message out with no prices and no one even really looked at it, that is why I went to a higher price so I would get some interest...I guess darned if you do and darned if you don't. 

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2015, 01:54:02 PM »
If your seller is acting shady and not being helpful or reasonable, then go ahead and file a paypal claim to get your money back. And contact the mods here, as others have suggested.

Offline Upthehill

• Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2015, 05:25:35 PM »
Thanks, I am in the process on all mentioned and will keep everyone updated....thanks

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal