collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 674
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: First plane ride  (Read 1195 times)

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
First plane ride
« on: April 13, 2015, 11:19:39 AM »
Well I went on my very first plane ride last week! My hunny and I went out to Las Vegas!

I do have to say that I really don't enjoy the take off to much. The first time I felt sick to my stomach and started to cry cause I was so scared. He was pretty good and helped me threw it. I am shaking so bad to! LOL I can laugh about it now. And the landing was not to bad due to it being night time and coming into Vegas at night is WOW!

The way home was not to bad, but it did help that I got some of them pills that help and I was on cloud nine!

Does anyone else not enjoy plane rides? I still feel kind of funny and its been two days from when we got back. Feel super tired and dizzy still.

Just wanted to share with you ! 

DemureGirl

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: First plane ride
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 01:47:11 PM »
I don't like flying. The last time I was on a plane was in 2012 when my boyfriend and I went on holiday to Valencia. He thought I was going to be arrested before take off since I was so upset! I was hyperventilating and crying my eyes out. The crew were fantastic though and even invited me to meet to pilots :)

Niksilp

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 02:51:30 PM »
I felt pretty awful the first few times I was on a plane. Nearly puked and passed out, and got extremely lightheaded. I haven't had any issues since those first few times though... I'm not sure if I just got used to it, or if I got over the nerves of it being my first time or what.

Offline Tilas

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Shilo.ca
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 02:53:08 PM »
Sounds like a fun vacation. I've been on planes from 2 person puddle jumpers to floats to large passenger buses. The smaller planes are a ton of fun, but the bigger they get the less fun they are.

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2015, 03:10:27 PM »
Urgh, yes, I also dislike flying.  At first I liked it, especially take-off because it was kind of exhilerating!  But I used to cross the Atlantic and back 2x a year plus side trips, and I got SO sick of flying.  I tried to train myself to fall asleep as soon as we were airborne.  But it never worked well and I would arrive cranky and feeling gross  :P  I feel ya. 
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2015, 09:12:33 PM »
I always find it so strange that people hate airports and flying. I absolutely love it! The only part I don't look forward to is when the pressure in my ears builds up - I was prone to getting horrible earaches when I was a kid, and as a result, my inner ears are pretty sensitive now. The level of discomfort seems to vary with airline and type of plane, though, and chewing gum or sucking on a lolly during and immediately after take-off usually helps with it.

My favorite airline is Air New Zealand, hands down...absolute best service and experience I've ever had on a commercial flight. Absolute worst airlines hands down:  it's a toss-up between Spirit and Delta.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Princess Lala

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2015, 11:02:24 PM »
I LOVE flying!!!!! Being up in the clouds is sooooooo cool and looking at all the patchwork of the countryside from up high is so neat! :D i once flew from Texas to Iniana with a sinus infection, very unpleasant.

My favorite airline is actually Allegaint Air!!!! $80 a two-way ticket to Florida from Fort Wayne Indiana in an hour! Never had a problem with them! I WISH WISH WIIISH we had Allegiant Airlines here in DFW so I could joyride to Florida for vacation on a nice weekend!!!! Airlines here in DFW are $200-$700 a ticket to Orlando Sanford. Such a shame, I love air travel!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 11:05:19 PM by Princess Lala »

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2015, 05:26:20 AM »
Yeah, let me just say that I didn't have such a wonderful first flight.

It was my very first flight, and we were going down to Texas in March. When we got down to the city there was randomly a Tornado Warning - in March. We had to circle around forever, and then the ride down was VERY bumpy.

I about lost it! Because planes scare me altogether... I've only been to a couple of places on plane since. Both in 2004 and 2005, so I haven't rode a plane in about ten years! No plans to change that. I liked the speed, but I just could never get myself to completely trust planes. The very last ride back home felt 'off' to me, and has certainly turned me off from ever riding one again. So... Road trips it always will be! lol

|My Collection|

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2015, 06:15:43 AM »
I love take-offs and landings.  But the ride itself can get really boring and cramped. 
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2015, 07:07:55 AM »
LOL My first plane ride was to Vegas! I was visiting a BF at the Airforce base over there.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2015, 08:24:35 AM »
I think my first flight ever was to Raleigh NC back in the 90's my friend hook me up to drink vouchers lol I used them all , It was good , I do dislike the air pocket drops  that happen from time to time and rough landings , the worst landing was in a small plane from Tampa to Miami LOL it was back in 2001 and I still remember :/, the worst air pocket drops happened on a trip from Denver to Houston a couple of years back , the Dream Liner plane was bouncing  like a wild mustang (:
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2015, 08:49:47 AM »
I think my first flight ever was to Raleigh NC back in the 90's my friend hook me up to drink vouchers lol I used them all , It was good , I do dislike the air pocket drops  that happen from time to time and rough landings , the worst landing was in a small plane from Tampa to Miami LOL it was back in 2001 and I still remember :/, the worst air pocket drops happened on a trip from Denver to Houston a couple of years back , the Dream Liner plane was bouncing  like a wild mustang (:

It must be because it's Texas!  :lol:

My first plane ride was to San Antonio and it ended up being by far the worst plane ride I've ever had, and my mom, too and she's ridden a bunch of planes!

|My Collection|

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2015, 09:53:01 AM »
Yeah, let me just say that I didn't have such a wonderful first flight.

It was my very first flight, and we were going down to Texas in March. When we got down to the city there was randomly a Tornado Warning - in March. We had to circle around forever, and then the ride down was VERY bumpy.

Spoiler
I about lost it! Because planes scare me altogether... I've only been to a couple of places on plane since. Both in 2004 and 2005, so I haven't rode a plane in about ten years! No plans to change that. I liked the speed, but I just could never get myself to completely trust planes. The very last ride back home felt 'off' to me, and has certainly turned me off from ever riding one again. So... Road trips it always will be! lol

A tornado warning in March isn't so unusual - spring is "tornado season," but some years we just get a ton of big storms without any tornado touchdowns in my area.

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

medleymayhem

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2015, 09:36:22 PM »
I have to admit that I was in awe for my first plane ride. I believe it was to Kansas City, MO from TN. It was so incredibly magical and my sharpest memory was thinking how much the clouds looked like mashed potatoes from so high up. It was lovely. I'm so sorry your experience was not!!

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2015, 10:03:27 PM »
I LOVE FLYING!

I think its the most wonderful experience. All that engineering and experience lifting you - argh! I love take off, I love the way the plane moves. I also enjoy landing. :)

This may have something to do with the fact I was almost born on a seaplane...

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal