collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Princess Twilight Sparkle "Adult Collectible"???  (Read 9729 times)

will2Bfree

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Princess Twilight Sparkle "Adult Collectible"???
« Reply #75 on: July 16, 2013, 05:59:20 PM »
I want her... do I count? :I  :lol:

I love her!

I'm not alone in the world :yippee: :grouphug: lol

Despite my own lack of enthusiasm regarding her, I'm glad she has some support. Nopony deserves to be completely unloved. :( Hopefully, she'll bring the people who do end up getting her (whichever demographic they fall into) joy.

Offline Lunar Dust

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 16, 2013, 06:04:27 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I agree, getting this version of Princess Twilight Sparkle is expensive enough. The exclusive Twilight is very pretty and I do like her but fashion style ponies are not my favorite and take up a lot of room. Even if she was $25 I still think I would pass. So my money is safe from this pony.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 16, 2013, 06:16:16 PM »
This is..... something else. XD I don't know what to say, I'm completely gobsmacked. I mean, the only good thing??? Her accurate wing shape. That's it... A fashion style with accurately sized and shaped wings. Hum. I mean.. heavens!!! Hasbro must be spending a FORTUNE on crystals.... Maybe when they're trying to recoup their losses and wondering what to do with all the unsold stock... then they'll stop!  I mean... this is nuts. Two viciously bedazzled ponies... and by doing it with super expensive gems, they call it adult. Why? Bronies don't want it, collectors don't want it... and jeeze, all that glitter!!! It's not sealed like the glittery winged ponies it looks like, so it will be a super mess!! Glitter everywhere! Plus... fancy boxes don't mean a thing, because most people want to touch and hold the ponies! I know I do!
I want her too-  she is crazy, she is tacky, but I do still want her ^.^

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #78 on: July 16, 2013, 06:27:37 PM »
Sad because I don't want Hasbro to give up on the adult collectors if and when this one fails.
^THIS

Offline Skylar

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+211)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 16, 2013, 06:42:50 PM »

I think this poor tacky dear (which I actually kinda like for her tackiness) is not evidence of pandering to bronies or G1 or G3 or G2 collectors either.  It is evidence that Hasbro isn't really paying attention to what anyone wants.  They just attacked Twilight with a bedazzler so they could charge $50 for her in the name of exclusivity.   

[/quote]

I have to agree with this! She looks really...wierd and cheaply made and they want to charge $50???  Hasbro needs to fire everyone and hire a new staff. One that has a few brains and some creativity. As in, cater to the fans that spend money on your products, not the temporary ones that will be gone when the novelty fades away, show up at their events and get to know them and for crying out loud, put alittle effort into your products, especially if you are going to charge that kind of price!

Offline Cynosure

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 16, 2013, 06:58:23 PM »
Ah yes this is exactly what I wanted. A fashion style Twilight Sparkle with bedazzled wings that don't match her body and have no attractive color scheme.
You have truly won me over, Hasbro.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 16, 2013, 07:01:55 PM »
lol I'm glad she does have some fans, even if it's just for the sake of tackiness. Every pony should have SOME fans! Even the fakies have their own collectors. ^.^
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 16, 2013, 07:20:48 PM »
Well, she's up on EQD now. Has anybody else read the comments?  :blink: We're being nice to Hasbro compared to the comments over there......

sailorstitch

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 16, 2013, 07:28:50 PM »
Well, she's up on EQD now. Has anybody else read the comments?  :blink: We're being nice to Hasbro compared to the comments over there......

sailorstitch
Of course we're nicer here on the Arena... on EQD bronies are just being immature trolls  >_< they can't control their foul attitudes towards toy ponies/Hasbro. If you don't like it, DON'T BUY IT. Simple as that, yes?  :satisfied:
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline Lady Starflower

• Trade Count: (+246)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Brazilian & Greek Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 16, 2013, 07:31:00 PM »

I love her!

I'm not alone in the world :yippee: :grouphug: lol

I got her from a Chinese seller and I'm super excited to get her. I love her!! She's tacky and there's nothing adult about her but she's different, I love the glitter and the shape of her wings, the crystals I could live without but meh.

Lets be honest though, we are collecting little toy ponies that are a rainbow of colours...there's nothing adult about that :lol:
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~
Grails: Greek(blue)Medley, Greek Sunlight(Silver Clouds) and Brazil Duck Soup.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 16, 2013, 07:35:51 PM »
Er. . .  I cannot figure out what Hasbro is thinking.  How is she *not* a toy?  She may not be suitable for children under 3 but um, Hasbro?  Still a toy.

Wrong color, same pony released a zillion times, lots and lots of crystals in a rather odd design.  And a really high price tag.  Nobody was asking for this.  I'm glad she has fans; all ponies deserve love.  I just wish she was different.  For an "adult collectible," I really want Hasbro to produce something special.. Especially at that price point. 

And I'm getting a little tired of the argument that the reason Hasbro refuses to try is because of the failure of the retro g1s during the g3 line.  It may be true but that was 5 years ago.  We're at a whole other stage of collecting with a whole new batch of collectors brought in by the g4 line.  Shouldn't Hasbro try again?
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 16, 2013, 07:36:05 PM »
lol I'm glad she does have some fans, even if it's just for the sake of tackiness. Every pony should have SOME fans! Even the fakies have their own collectors. ^.^

Just wait, she'll have a new hat soon in her other incarnation
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Lightning Twirl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #87 on: July 16, 2013, 07:50:13 PM »
I love this Twilight! I feel silly for not being patient, because she is a 'collector item'  id want her in the box....  I bought her loose from China but maybe it was for the better because the box isnt appealing to me. At least DJ's lights up!

I hope there is a Sunset Shimmer version!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 16, 2013, 08:35:07 PM »
To be honest if she was reasonably priced I would be all over her since she is pretty. I just can't get behind that price tag. If the sparklies are "real Swarovskis" or plastic gems like on the Twinkle Eyes it doesn't matter to me so I can't justify $50. I wonder if she would have gotten the same reaction from others if she was an art pony with gems and glitter instead of yet another Twilight?
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #89 on: July 16, 2013, 08:36:02 PM »
Why hasbro why do you keep releasing Twilight and Pinkie Pie over and over, and getting Twilights colors wrong everytime, and tackier each time.

Something like this I would pay $50 for take notes hasbro.

For Sale Wants

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal