collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Am I the only one that felt like.....  (Read 2124 times)

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
Re: Am I the only one that felt like.....
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2021, 07:11:25 AM »
humm, toy side of me says no. I loved it when I first saw the toy and enjoyed the 'size' of the estate and all the details. My only wish was that it was BIGGER. I always had a issue as North Star's head was always hitting the ceiling fan. (haha)

When I watched the movie, my first thought was hell no I'm not giving my castle to the grundles...screw that.

Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2021, 11:51:16 AM »
I always wanted to know what the Grundles were going to do with Lullabye Nursery, since there was a room at PE that they were using as the nursery.  There was only 1 female Grundle after all...

And what about the Dance Hall?  Did the ponies keep that or was it turned into a community center?

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2021, 01:43:10 PM »
The dance hall was in "Bright Lights" right?

I think if I remember correctly, the cartoon was a bit inconsistent on whether the babies lived in a room in Paradise Estate, or the Lullabye Nursery. I'm sure I remember both of them showing up in the series at different times.. or am I getting mixed up?  :what:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2021, 04:16:57 PM »

Yeah.  It's also at the beginning of the movie when Baby Lickety-Split knocks over everyone.  She runs from there to the Nursery so they couldn't have been too far from the castle.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2021, 01:10:00 AM »
I also wanted to say thank you for reminding me of this, I didn't get much exposure to the MLP media when I was a kid but I do remember this exact thing. I think the moment that these issues with the PE came into play my ponyverse crumbled a bit. Someone once said that when you're a kid you think the things you love will last forever...
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline bladed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Gotta hit some wasabi mayo to settle the nerves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2021, 01:32:08 AM »

I think if I remember correctly, the cartoon was a bit inconsistent on whether the babies lived in a room in Paradise Estate, or the Lullabye Nursery. I'm sure I remember both of them showing up in the series at different times.. or am I getting mixed up?  :what:
definitely, there's a scene at the beginning of crunch the rockdog where they're in paradise estate, and one in return to tambelon where they're in the lullabye nursery. of course there's probably other examples but those are the ones that come to mind because those were the two episodes i watched most as a kid (i could recite lots of scenes from tambelon word for word years after lol)
though maybe in universe the babies were just split between the two.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2021, 01:35:06 AM by bladed »

Offline Lilja

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2021, 02:23:46 AM »
It's definitely one of those moments where it's most obvious that advertising new products is the no. 1 priority of the G1 cartoon. Story and logic doesn't matter as much. It's such a boring way to handle it too. In the books and backcard stories PE is portrayed more like a fun place to visit and not the permanent home of all ponies. It's basically only the cartoon that has all the ponies live under the same roof, in other stories they seem to live in various different places. From a marketing perspective it was a pretty smart move by the cartoon though. It makes PE seem much more important and a must-have for kids, since it's the home of ALL ponies!

The beginning of The Ghost of Paradise (which is also one of the earliest episodes) seems to imply the ponies built a second nursery next to Paradise Estate.

They're working on the interiors in this different looking pink nursery, and it's said the babies will have to sleep in the estate while the paint is drying. However we see the regular nursery in many other episodes, and it often seems to be much farther away from PE. There's not much that's consistent from episode to episode.

The Nursery was rereleased in 1986, so it was probably mandated by Hasbro that the building had to appear in the series. Otherwise they could've just had the babies live in PE too since the playset already has a nursery in it.

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2021, 04:44:13 AM »
I had exactly this thought as a kid. I loved the Dream Castle and I hated that the Ponies gave up the castle in the movie. The PE playset also didn’t appeal to me. Apart from being cranky about the castle being replaced, I didn’t like the look of the PE and it felt like a lot of the accessories were targeted more toward Megan and Molly than the ponies. I still don’t have and don’t want a PE in my collection, but the castle was the first playset I bought when I started collecting again as an adult.

Elf

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2021, 12:11:07 AM »
I do agree that a lot of PE seems more suitable to Megan and Molly. Thinking about it, maybe my caution over pony things that seem carelessly 'too human' could be about my memories of the Paradise Estate. I'm wasn't a fan of Megan and Molly per se because there were so many other sweet blonde dollies out there, that they didn't seem all that unique.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2021, 12:33:35 AM »
I dunno why but I always imagined PE as a huge two floor mansion. Looking back it doesn't seem like such a playset existed.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal