collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What pony do you regret selling?  (Read 16329 times)

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
Re: What pony do you regret selling?
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2012, 01:39:57 PM »
iv had alot of regrets in the past 13yrs iv been collecting but my most biggest stupid newbee regrets was selling alternative/int' exclusive birthflower morning glory and her MO version as i only wanted my childhood ones,  :cry:  it went up to $100nzd which i thought was amazing at the time but when i decided to collect the birthflower ponies and the alt variants i was so upset to find out the international variant ones go for around $300  :yikes:   :yikes:   :yikes:     :doh: they are too expensive for me to collect and i really want them.

my other annoying regret was tradeing my mint baby glory in a swap cos i thought i had 2 more and realised i only had one bait baby glory   :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:   iv havent been able to get hold of another one since, now im stuck with one with a hair cut
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline sweetstuff

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Did someone say ponies?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2012, 02:11:03 PM »

Maybe you needed the money and had to part with it.  :cry:

I had to sell for money reasons...

My NSS Satin n' Lace and Tux n' Tails - tux even had his bowtie  :cry:

& my ceramic Skyflyer, who had her hang tag too. Stupidly I sold her on eBay when someone made me a lowball offer that I didn't really think about being low till after  the fact  - but we had medical bills.

Of course  I can't afford to get them now. Maybe one of these days  I'll find Satin and Tux at a thrift store or swap meet....

Offline willa

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Greek Ladybird Mint in Egg
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2012, 02:21:08 PM »
Thank you for all the comments people made about my Baby Cherries Jubilee... I did get in touch with the buyer around Christmas to explain and she was so lovely and said she would try and find another one to buy so she could sell me her back... Mine was so close to mint though and I haven't seen another like that as yet... you never know, maybe she will come back to me one day x
SEEKING... Princess Taffeta & Pristina, 7 Tales Bon Bon and Peru Unicorns Moonstone & Windy x

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2012, 05:23:23 PM »
I luckily have no regrets with trading or selling ponies. Anyone put in the trade box sits there for at least 3 months before going on the online list to the public. So if I have regrets... while they are 'missing' then they get placed back into the herd ^-^
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2012, 05:35:33 PM »
I've never sold ponies.  I used to trade but I don't regret trading.  I thought long and hard about what ponies I was willing to part with.

However, I do regret giving away ponies to my next door neighbor who, at the time, had a little girl around 9 years of age.  She's like 12 or 13 now and she came to my niece's 4th birthday party and I asked her Mom how her daughter liked the ponies and she casually told me she hadn't touched the bags I packed them up in.  I was sort of mad because there were quite a few early G3's I didn't want to part with but was being overly generous and gave them to a little girl who I thought would love them.  I almost thought about asking for them back but in a kind way but decided against it.  It seemed wrong even though she hasn't touched them.

Dyzarktarzk

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2012, 05:51:26 PM »
Maybe when I sold my alt. pose (Cherries Jubilee) Mexican Blossom. 

More than regret, it was a: "He's being with me for a long time, and I'm tearing a family..."

But I know he went to an amazing new owner =)

Now I'm tempted about selling a pony but at the same time I don't want to do so =P

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2012, 06:08:14 PM »
I almost sold my Peruvian Applejack. I was in tears crying about it, because money was so tight.

I had found someone to buy her, but my fiance told me I shouldn't sell something I am so attached to and "bought" her for me, from myself. So really, she's not mine anymore, she just happens to chill at my place with the rest of my small Applejack herd.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline hlbmlp

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2012, 06:14:44 PM »
I almost sold my Peruvian Applejack. I was in tears crying about it, because money was so tight.

I had found someone to buy her, but my fiance told me I shouldn't sell something I am so attached to and "bought" her for me, from myself. So really, she's not mine anymore, she just happens to chill at my place with the rest of my small Applejack herd.

That is one of the most adorable things i have ever heard!!!
My Etsy . My Blog

If i owe you feedback pm me, my brain is not always here.

thanks kiwisquirtbottle for helping with codes!!! <3

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2012, 10:45:12 PM »

How sweet!

I had to sell my Tornado - I hadn't been working and I really needed the money.  I didn't regret it at the time (and I'm glad he went to a collector) but I sort of wish I hadn't had to sell; I haven't been able to afford a mountain boy since. . .

Still hoping to find one at the thrift store someday. . .

Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2012, 02:42:33 AM »
So far, I've been quite lucky.

I've never sold any pony I have a real attachment too, most of the girls I've sold/traded have been quite baity so I feel better for selling them onto someone who can use them or is able to restore them as they're sort of out of my skill range.

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline mercynova

• NSS Buttons
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2012, 02:52:13 AM »
About a year ago I was selling a load of bait ponies. I -very nearly- got shot of this guy but I took a look at his adorable face and I had to keep him. Luickily no one had asked about him yet so he got to stay, he's now one of my favourites in my collection. I'm not entirely sure why I like him so much.. But knowing that I nearly lost him makes him all the more special.

I'm very sorry to hear these pony loss stories though :(

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2012, 06:12:06 AM »
I almost regret selling my flat foot Snuzzle. Then I just remind myself that she was gray. :P Stomper needs more color.
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2012, 08:25:49 AM »
When I was young, my family had to move cross country and my mother packed up almost all of my toys, including ALL of my G1 ponies, and gave them away to another family while I was at school. I was devastated. She didn't even save my FF Minty, which was the 1st pony I got and my favorite. I found a FF Minty on ebay in good shape for a good price and snapped her up and when I opened her up and held her in my hands I cried a little. She is my first G1 again! I'd been given some thrift store find G3s and encouraged by my husband to try to recreate my old herd! Bless him!
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Offline Squirrelypaws

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2012, 01:04:13 PM »
When I was about 13, I had a whole bunch of ponies that I put out for free at a yard sale. This was before I was really "into" them, so I put them out and of course, they got picked up.

I don't even know who most of them were, but a good portion of them were G1s. I know one was Firefly, and I know there was one of the butterfly wing ones and a so-soft (who I thought had some sort of weird mold issue going on XD ).

I regret it now because now that I've gotten into ponies more, Firefly and the So-Softs are some of the few G1s I would actually seek out to have in my collection.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 01:08:49 PM by GryffindorHermione »
**Formerly known as GryffindorHermione**
~*{Squirrely's Stuff For Sale}*~
Ponies ;; Dolls ;; Other Toys

Offline Gypsy_Nights

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolute Night Owl!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2012, 01:30:20 PM »
I sold my TAF baby Sugarberry and my Munchy  :cry:  on ebay because I needed the money.  They were both mint too!  I really hate that I did that because they are so hard to find.  They are sooo Cute too!!
~~~Me and My FiM Family~~~

My Sales Thread     My deviantART Page

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal