collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G1 Goodwill Finds  (Read 1401 times)

brittney_rochelle

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: G1 Goodwill Finds
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2015, 07:47:33 PM »
I'll have to do some research to find a reasonable price. She's just too darn cute.  Once I figure something out, I'll shoot you a PM!
I have no idea about the clips. I never knew about LLL really, I just like puppies and kitties :3

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2015, 07:58:11 PM »
Congrats!  That is an amazing find! What awesome ponies!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline PrincessGryph

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • The Want It Need It Spell... Works Every Time!
    • View Profile
    • Princess Gryph Customs for Sale!
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2015, 09:25:13 PM »
I'll have to do some research to find a reasonable price. She's just too darn cute.  Once I figure something out, I'll shoot you a PM!
I have no idea about the clips. I never knew about LLL really, I just like puppies and kitties :3

I'll take more pics when she's all dried and styled. But she looks like she's in wonderful condition, too. Her hair has very little frizz and looks uncut as far as I can tell, and her body doesn't have any marks on it. Soooo much hair tho! She's a chore to groom :p

From what I can tell, the original came with 3 pixietails, so the fact that I have like 6 of them means there's probably some other LLL toys floating around at that Goodwill somewhere. Not sure if I care enough to go hunting for it, but I might keep an eye out for it next time I'm there.

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2015, 02:22:37 AM »
If Twilight's flocking is near perfect, and you're intending to potentially sell, I'd just leave her alone - don't wash, and let the buyer take the risk of loosening the flocking if they so choose.  The third set to which she belongs are prone to having the weakest glue / easiest to accidentally deflock.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline Sapphire-Light

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sapphire-light.deviantart.com/
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2015, 06:29:03 AM »
About the magic message ponies, is normal that some of the ponies have  symbols doesn't work anymore, is most lickely that their previous owner(s) played wit the gimmick a lot

I have 3 of those ponies and none of them work at all, my Cloud Dreamer symbols actually got stuck in the secret image

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2015, 06:42:13 AM »
What a fine lot! I'd love to have all those pixietails.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline PrincessGryph

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • The Want It Need It Spell... Works Every Time!
    • View Profile
    • Princess Gryph Customs for Sale!
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2015, 08:34:27 AM »
If Twilight's flocking is near perfect, and you're intending to potentially sell, I'd just leave her alone - don't wash, and let the buyer take the risk of loosening the flocking if they so choose.  The third set to which she belongs are prone to having the weakest glue / easiest to accidentally deflock.

That's too bad, because she's one of the ones with lipstick T_T

I am deeply torn.

About the magic message ponies, is normal that some of the ponies have  symbols doesn't work anymore, is most lickely that their previous owner(s) played wit the gimmick a lot

I have 3 of those ponies and none of them work at all, my Cloud Dreamer symbols actually got stuck in the secret image

Under hot water, the symbol works... on both sides! I'm so surprised! :p

What a fine lot! I'd love to have all those pixietails.

I kind of want to sell the Pixietails and Silkypup in a lot together, but I guess if you want 6/9 of the pixietails I could do that (I think I have the original 3 Pixietails for Silkypup, so obv I want to keep them together.) I washed them and brushed them out last night, and was planning to take a straightener to them and maybe try to return them to their original curls. But here's what they look like so far (Silkypup cleaned up nicely too!)

Post Merge: January 31, 2015, 04:40:38 PM

Update OP with pics of everyone all cleaned up and final conditions!

Post Merge: January 31, 2015, 08:08:24 PM

Aaaand Pixietails, all cleaned up! visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 08:08:24 PM by PrincessGryph »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal