collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What Makes You Lose Interest In Ponies? . . .  (Read 5476 times)

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
Re: What Makes You Lose Interest In Ponies? . . .
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2015, 10:09:25 AM »
I have not been there yet, hopefully never . Guess when I travel, but even last time I went away I came back with ponies LOL :)
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline rtattles

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+39)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Rtattles' Blog
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2015, 11:07:14 AM »
I lose interest when I have the following, normally multiple factors taking place simultaneously:

-lack of space
-lack of money
-ponies getting too expensive
-surrounded by collectors friends who are no longer interested in ponies
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Inventorising my collection @ http://rtattles.wordpress.com/
Formerly known as DebonaireThundercloud

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2015, 11:15:37 AM »
Every now and then I lose interest.  It happens to every pony collector at some point I think.  If you are tired of looking at them you could always store them in a place where they won't get damaged or get mold or anything until you are ready for them again.  Don't sell them, because you may regret it after and you'll have to spend more money to get them back.

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2015, 11:30:52 AM »
Sour deals, and drama and immaturity as someone else said.

Bothvar

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2015, 11:35:18 AM »
I've been out of the community before, but that one was G4 based.
But what made me lose interest was;

Lack of respect
Sexism
Innapropriate behavior towards woman (I.e; Sexual harassment)
General childishness
General superiorism (of the G4 base.)
General negativity

Now I'm trying again but just.. sort of trying to steer clear of men/G4 base. Sorry guys I know a lot of nice people are out there. But I've had some way crappy experiences

Offline cricket

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2015, 12:30:40 PM »
I come and go.  I still love my ponies when I'm on hiatus but sometimes I need a break from the community and ponies taking a center stage in my life.  Usually the hiatus is related to having a baby and since I'm not planning to have anymore I may be here awhile longer this time. I second the advice not to sell anything if you decide to go away.  You will miss it when you return and it may not be so easy to get back again. 

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2015, 12:39:50 PM »

Lack of respect
Sexism
General childishness
General negativity

Now I'm trying again but just.. sort of trying to steer clear of men/G4 base. Sorry guys I know a lot of nice people are out there. But I've had some way crappy experiences

This is why I steer clear of most brony communities. These things tend to breed there.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2015, 12:44:38 PM »
...Realizing that there is something else in my life that holds more value than displayable vinyl figurines?

Personally in my life I am trying to balance a household of 3 people and about 30 collections, and paying for the property that stores them all is more important than having MORE plastic to put on shelves.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Silver Glade

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Collector for Life!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2015, 01:14:12 PM »
Lack of variety for any current gen stuff - it started with G3's Bore Seven, and continues with G4.  I used to enjoy pony hunting in stores, but I haven't done it much for years now because of the redundancies in toy releases, and the crappier quality of toys overall.  :(

Offline Jupiter

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2015, 06:34:43 PM »
G4  obviously is the incredible lack of variety, though I do still buy the blind bags when I find a new wave. In general though my decreased cruising of ebay is due to a desire to  move and reduce the amount of stuff I have and not keep adding to my pile by buying more ponies. Other factors  are personal debts to pay off, the ponies I don't have from US line tend to go for more than I want to pay, a feeling of ' what's the point since I just put them in storage boxes when i get them'  I don't have the space to display many ponies at once anymore.

I tend to take long hiatuses from the arena too whenever my collecting desire declines. Thrift stores are disappointing too, I'm shocked if I find a pony from any gen at any of my area thrift shops, when I do find anything it tends to be a  McD that i don't want anyway -_-

Bothvar

« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2015, 12:37:06 AM »

Lack of respect
Sexism
General childishness
General negativity

This is why I steer clear of most brony communities. These things tend to breed there.

Sad but true...

Offline DireRabbit

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2015, 01:07:25 AM »
I suffer from anxiety and depression and sometimes the two working together will cause me to lose interest in the things that make me happy. It's a very sad feeling. I feel like I'm play-acting: I went from "Wow somebody on the Arena got one of my favorite ponies, I'm so jealous/happy for them!" to not feeling anything. Also, money...

Sometimes it causes me to grasp at a new obsession, a new thing to collect or learn about.

In the end though I always remember that learning about ponies and having my own collection really does make me happy.

I don't collect G4 but I do enjoy watching the show...that is until unwanted exposure to the brony culture causes me to lose all interest periodically. Basically what Bothvar said.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 01:09:04 AM by DireRabbit »

Offline Shimmer Mist

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • Also likes transforming plastic robots
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2015, 01:29:46 AM »
Definitly the drama as a few have stated.

Before I found this site I was really starting to get burn out on ponies because of the Brony fandom to be quite honest. Don't get me wrong, many are awesome, talented, and have a good sense of humor but many take it WAY too seriously. It was a bit tiring after a while.

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2015, 05:50:28 AM »
I'm a creature of habit and quite resistant to change, so every time Hasbro majorly changes the line's direction, I lose interest.  I quit caring about ponies when I was a child when G2 started coming around.  It wasn't until I found G3s in college that nostalgia hit and I started collecting (go figure, I was willing to bring in G2s this time, lol), slowed down with the Core 7 and stopped completely with G3.5.  That worked out well because, as some other people mentioned, real life hindered my disposable income that could safely go towards something as frivolous as ponies.  G4 came around and I was still mad at the changes (I miss chunky, wholesome-looking ponies!), but two or three years in to the line, I happened to pick some up as baits and it snowballed from there.

I wouldn't say that I ever *lose interest* in ponies, since I've never completely said I quit and sold any of my collection off, but there are definitely times when other priorities far surpass my ponies and I simply put them on hold :)

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2015, 06:25:13 AM »
I keep thinking about moving myself and I can't help but think if I had less of a collection it would make things easier.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal