collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Other 80s/90s toys  (Read 2360 times)

Offline lalalei2001

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Other 80s/90s toys
« on: January 27, 2016, 04:20:12 PM »
Besides MLP, did you watch any other 80s/90s cartoons (and do you still)? I have fond memories of Care Bears, Rainbow Brite, David the Gnome, the Unico movies, and Hello Kitty, and have recently got into Strawberry Shortcake, Lady Lovely Locks, and the Adventures of the Gummi Bears, shows I missed out on as a child.

I also liked Jem, and occasionally saw episodes of GI Joe, He-Man, She-Ra, Dungeons & Dragons, and The Transformers.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 08:10:56 PM by lalalei2001 »

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
Re: Other 80s/90s toys
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 04:37:36 PM »
He-Man was a must! My brother and I also loved the toys like crazy, we still have them, I wish there was room to display them.
Care Bears was one of my favorites too, and as for Rainbow Brite, I loved the toys and watched a show from time to time, but my biggest interest were the tapes. The stories were so vivid and entertaining.
I know there were lots of other shows we watched together, but none that we had toys of.

Edit: I don't know why, but I never watched MLP as a kid, even though the toys were my favorite since I was 4 or 5.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 04:42:10 PM by Honeycomb »

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 04:57:58 PM »
I have Lady Lovely Locks and Moon Dreamers on DVD, along with some other 80s shows like Popples and Pound Puppies. :) And Jem is a must watch, always, of course!

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 05:05:07 PM »
I watched Care Bears, pretty much all the Nick Jr. shows during that time and Rainbow Brite (I have the tv series and the movie on DVD).  I used to watch Kissifur (not sure how to spell that) and Getalong Gang, Popples.  I catch bits and pieces of Jem on TV, they have it on very early mornings on Cartoon Network I think.  I think Jem was too old for me at the time.  I used to watch MLP and Friends too with the Potato Head Kids and things like that.  I also used to watch Pound Puppies, I had a puppy and a pound purrie, I think I still have my pound purrie as a kid (not sure if I spelled purrie right).

Offline lalalei2001

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2016, 05:48:32 PM »
I watched Care Bears, pretty much all the Nick Jr. shows during that time and Rainbow Brite (I have the tv series and the movie on DVD).  I used to watch Kissifur (not sure how to spell that) and Getalong Gang, Popples.  I catch bits and pieces of Jem on TV, they have it on very early mornings on Cartoon Network I think.  I think Jem was too old for me at the time.  I used to watch MLP and Friends too with the Potato Head Kids and things like that.  I also used to watch Pound Puppies, I had a puppy and a pound purrie, I think I still have my pound purrie as a kid (not sure if I spelled purrie right).

I have Lady Lovely Locks and Moon Dreamers on DVD, along with some other 80s shows like Popples and Pound Puppies. :) And Jem is a must watch, always, of course!

Where did you get Lady Lovely Locks, Rainbow Brite, and Moon Dreamers? o_o I can't find those anywhere! All I found of RB is the movie, and it's out of print and super expensive.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2016, 07:19:06 AM »
I watched Care Bears, pretty much all the Nick Jr. shows during that time and Rainbow Brite (I have the tv series and the movie on DVD).  I used to watch Kissifur (not sure how to spell that) and Getalong Gang, Popples.  I catch bits and pieces of Jem on TV, they have it on very early mornings on Cartoon Network I think.  I think Jem was too old for me at the time.  I used to watch MLP and Friends too with the Potato Head Kids and things like that.  I also used to watch Pound Puppies, I had a puppy and a pound purrie, I think I still have my pound purrie as a kid (not sure if I spelled purrie Fright).

Where did you get Lady Lovely Locks, Rainbow Brite, and Moon Dreamers? o_o I can't find those anywhere! All I found of RB is the movie, and it's out of print and super expensive.

I saw em on Ebay on rare occasions.

I watched
 The Wuzzles
He-Man and She-Ra
Jem
Transformers
G.I. Joe
Super Mario Cartoons
Gummy Bears
Captain N
The Legend of Zelda
Duck Tales
Danger Mouse
Thunder Cats
TMNT
Care Bears
Rainbow brite
Denver the Last Dinosaur
And so many others

90s Toons
Dinosaucers
Eek the Cat
Bobby's World
Biker Mice From Mars
Mega Man
Sailor Moon
Dragon Ball
King Arthur and the Knights of Justice
Captain Planet
Gargoyles
Goof Troop
Rescue Rangers
Rugrats
Ren n Stimpy
Doug
Rockos Modern Life
Tale Spin
Batman The Animated Series
Uncanny X-Men
Tiny Toons

And so many others
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 07:29:32 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2016, 08:59:15 PM »
I watched tons of cartoon as a young'un.  :D  From what I can recall, my favorites were:

Care Bears
Gummi Bears*
Ducktales
Winnie the Pooh
Tale Spin
Tiny Toons
Rainbow Brite
Darkwing Duck*
Animaniacs*

* means I currently own it on DVD.  Darkwing Duck and Animaniacs were big favorites with my, partially because my dad watched them too.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2016, 03:51:50 PM »
80's
Dungeons and Dragons
Dogtanian
Jamie and the Magic Torch
The Mysterious Cities of Gold
Gummi Bears
Danger Mouse
Count Duckula
He-Man
She-Ra
Visionaries
The Dreamstone
Superted
The Real Ghostbusters
The Raggydolls
Teddy Ruxspin
Willo the Wisp
Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends
Muppet Babies
Garfield and Friends

90's
Ren and Stimpy
The Tick
Cow and Chicken
Animaniacs
Tiny Toon Adventures
Tale Spin
Rescue Rangers
Captain Simian & the Space Monkeys
Hey Arnold
Doug
Rugrats
Pinky and the Brain
Dexter's Laboratory
Johnny Bravo
The Simpsons
Aaahh!!! Real Monsters

MossMountain

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2016, 08:16:09 AM »
I saw a few episodes of Maple Town as a kid. I had/have some of the toys. I wish that I had seen all of them. I think you may be able to watch on Youtube now.

We watched a lot of classic cartoons like Garfield and Peanuts. I don't think we got many TV channels. LOL

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2016, 10:44:59 AM »
I like to watch vintage 80s cartoons too sometimes-

Jem is actually on Netflix now, and with some searching you can find some of the others on YouTube  (I have tape cassettes of most of them but no way to play them anymore)

My favs:

Jem
Rainbow Brite
Moondreamers
Rose Petal Place
Star Fairies
Lady LovelyLocks

Offline Vera

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • My MLP Art
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2016, 12:25:32 PM »
My fave childhood shows besides MLP & Friends/MLP Tales were AAAHH!!! Real Monsters, Ren & Stimpy, Cow & Chicken, Rugrats, Rocko's Modern Life, Beetlejuice, TMNT, The Real Ghostbusters, Extreme Ghostbusters, Care bears, Glow Worms, Gummi Bears, Popples, Land of the Lost,  Duck Tales, The Little Mermaid, Tale Spin, Rescue Rangers, The Flintstone Kids, Sea Monkeys (which I think came right before or right after Flintstone Kids), Tiny Toons, Animaniacs, Muppet Babies, Bump in the NIght (if clay animation counts), Snorks, Yum Yums, Captain Planet, Thundercats, She-Ra, Jem, Gargoyles, Smurfs, The World of Strawberry Shortcake, Pound Puppies, Ewoks,  The Wuzzles, Punky Brewster, Rainbow Brite, Moondreamers... (I was raised by the TV) XD

Live-action-wise, I watched Alf, Fraggle Rock, Power Rangers, PEE-WEE'S PLAYHOUSE <3, Welcome to Pooh Corner, Super Mario Bros, Bill Nye, Beakman's World, Ghostwriter, Slim Goodbody, Mister Rogers, Shining Time Station, 321 Contact, Reading Rainbow, Lambchop and several other PBS shows, ETC
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 12:28:06 PM by Vera »

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2016, 12:55:09 PM »
Why is this thread more about shows than the toys themselves?
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2016, 04:52:35 PM »
Why is this thread more about shows than the toys themselves?

Everyone is responding to the OP- read her first post  :lol:

Offline SunnyDazeAhead

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2016, 06:44:39 AM »
Besidies MLP, my absolute favorite show to watch was the Biskitts (think smurfs only not blue and tiny medieval canines!)and Shirt Tales. I also liked watching Fluppy Dogs (even if they only had one movie), FOOFUR, Gummi Bears, Thunder Cats and The Paw Paws (?).  Many years ago I got DVDs off eBay and iOffer from someone that had burned the entire season of Shirt Tales and Biskitts and I remember I was so excite because it's nearly impossible to find anything about the Biskitts online. Now I can't find the DVDs because I've moved twice since! :yikes:  I also liked watching Moondreamers though I barely remember that show just the theme song! :P

ETA: Oh, yeah!! I totally forgot about Pound Puppies!!! AND SHE-RAH PRINCESS OF POWER! And Alvin & the Chipmunks and Strawberry Shortcake. AND FRAGGLE ROCK! (Dance your cares away!! *clapclap*) Not to mention JEM and pretty much all of the CBS Storybreak specials. I really loved that Saturday morning bumper where the two kids were riding the pegasus ponies through the waterfall under a rainbow.... SO JELLY! :silly:
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 06:51:41 AM by SunnyDazeAhead »
:heart: \"Your heart knows your song, but you have to be willing to listen to the words.\" :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal