collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ever After High Dolls General Discussion Thread  (Read 93626 times)

Offline ajmeier55

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Ever After High Dolls General Discussion Thread
« Reply #345 on: January 22, 2015, 08:00:26 AM »
Oh I love that teaparty playset too, so much want. Why did I come into this so late lol, Actually when did the dolls first come out?

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: January 22, 2015, 12:51:42 PM »
Oh I love that teaparty playset too, so much want. Why did I come into this so late lol, Actually when did the dolls first come out?

I just want the chairs XD Wikipedia says the dolls and webisodes came out in July of 2013. We should have an online party for their birthday this summer ;)

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: January 22, 2015, 07:50:51 PM »

I just want the chairs XD Wikipedia says the dolls and webisodes came out in July of 2013. We should have an online party for their birthday this summer ;)

OH! An online "Very Merry Unbirthday" Tea Party for the dolls, since not all of them would have been made on that exact date! Everyone could take pictures with a teacup or mug or cakes and stuff and post them on a thread devoted to the party!!

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: January 22, 2015, 09:46:14 PM »
That would be super adorable. Someone will have to remind me. July gets soooo busy here XD

Hey, maybe I'll have Duchess and Kitty by then. -_-

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: January 23, 2015, 04:50:09 AM »
LOVE the tea party set and Maddie is adorable! :heart:   *grabby hands*  :dribble: 

Oh hey, any other Ukers here? well the new Argos catalogue (and stores) have now got Duchess, Kitty and Ginger!! as well as HT finally!!! oh and I think some SU! :faint:   :frolic:  :frolic:  :frolic:   
(such a pity I has a broke right now and UK prices are soooo expensive :facepalm:   )

I saw those Valentines too and I was a bit disappointed that none featured Lizzie, but I can imagine no one wants to send a Valentine that says "Off with your head!!" ;)

oh my goodness ROFL!!!!!! if they did make that I would totally buy it!!  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: January 23, 2015, 06:24:57 AM »

OH! An online "Very Merry Unbirthday" Tea Party for the dolls, since not all of them would have been made on that exact date! Everyone could take pictures with a teacup or mug or cakes and stuff and post them on a thread devoted to the party!!

I'm all for that! It sounds adorable :D And you can't have a birthday party without presents... so we all have an excuse to buy ourselves a new doll :biggrin:

Ringlets - thank you! And you're so lucky, I haven't seen those 3 yet! I want to know what Ginger looks like without the glasses. I loved her webisode but those glasses, yikes. I want to see her face without them! Does she have the same skin tone as Cedar? I hate seeing new dolls and not having the money :drunk:

Congrats on the dolls and tea party playset! I love the chairs in it so much!! I didn't realize Ashlynn was THAT much taller XD

I saw those Valentines too and I was a bit disappointed that none featured Lizzie, but I can imagine no one wants to send a Valentine that says "Off with your head!!" ;)

I've been drooling over Blondie (LOVE her outfit) forever and I just bought her on Amazon new for $9! Does anyone else disllike her super yellowy hair? I am thinking about having her reahaired in a more realistic 'golden' blond color.

Thanks! I was actually very surprised to learn the dolls were different heights. I grew up playing with Barbies and they were all the same height. It's pretty neat though not when they need to fit in a chair :P

:lol: :lol: The valentines are very corny so that would be the most epic valentine XD

That's an awesome deal :frolic: I didn't care for her striking yellow hair at first either, but it grew on me. They probably didn't want her to have a more natural hair color because it might look too close to Apple.

Does anyone else love the different colored streaks in their hair? That's one of my favorite things about Hat-Tastic and I love Briar's teal streak in Spring Unsprung! She's just a gorgeous doll all the way around. I'm so torn about getting her because I'm still deciding if I like the outfits or not :P
My Wish List

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: January 23, 2015, 09:48:31 AM »
Ringlets, I would buy AND send those Lizzy valentines too!!! Sorry about the expense :( That sucks that things are so expensive there. Don't you guys have crazy high sales taxes too?

I'm all for that! It sounds adorable :D And you can't have a birthday party without presents... so we all have an excuse to buy ourselves a new doll :biggrin:

Now that's my kind of attitude! XD

That's an awesome deal :frolic: I didn't care for her striking yellow hair at first either, but it grew on me. They probably didn't want her to have a more natural hair color because it might look too close to Apple.

Does anyone else love the different colored streaks in their hair? That's one of my favorite things about Hat-Tastic and I love Briar's teal streak in Spring Unsprung! She's just a gorgeous doll all the way around. I'm so torn about getting her because I'm still deciding if I like the outfits or not :P

I know, I am going to have to find a color that isn't Apple's or Ashlynn's. Even just a paler yellow (like DH Lemonade) would be better. Although I am wondering if DH Golden Goddess would look okay on her. It's pretty dark but it's a stunning color.

Normally I'd have said that I don't like colored streaks in general, but so many EAH look so pretty with them.

EDIT: I caved and ordered Duchess online...
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 02:54:30 PM by Salli »

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: January 24, 2015, 04:23:53 AM »
Yep crazy high taxes here too :nod: *wants to leave UK and has forgot how many times I've actually said that!! prolly more times than Lizzie says "Off WIth your head!" :silly:
but anyways... good news is I sold some stuff so I caved and got Duchess ands Kitty last night  (BTW don't know if anyone knows the answer to this but are those two just made in China or is there an Indonesia version too?  :what:   cos I checked 2 shops last night and all of the stock of both girls were from China (I'm picky about make up etc so I check them all lol  :lol:  )  .   No Ginger in stock (bleh!) - next delivery is 27th Jan so there should be some then, and of course I'll get one :good:   BTW I found out last night that the new dolls are  not only in Argos stores but also in Smyths toy stores too!!
I've worked out how to get pics on here now with this stooopid new computer so I should be able to post pics of all my dollies now :)  more pic spam soon! yay!  :frolic:

:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: January 24, 2015, 08:51:28 PM »
My local WalMart, I think, mispriced the Legacy Day dolls and I got mine toady for $10.00 each!! I'll be going back for more, so if anyone wants one at a discount price, just get hold of me :) Right now they only have Raven, but they should get new stock in soon...hopefully they don't catch on before I can get more!!

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: January 24, 2015, 10:05:38 PM »
:waits for Ringlets' pic spam:

I got Blondie today! You guys were right, her hair color isn't as obnoxious in person. Her outfit is so super adorable! I thought so even before I had any of these dolls XD I need to read her diary. I love how she starts with insisting that she's a royal.

I also got the Once Upon a Time book. So far I've only read Lizzie and Kitty's stories but I so enjoy both of them. I may just need a special Wonderland shelf.

Question: do you guys like Cedar's wood-grain skin? Every time I see it it kind of creeps me out, like a super-dried-up corpse or something. And I LOVE trees, so I don't know why it bothers me. I kind of wish her face was more 'puppety'. Having a normal face on a woodgrain body looks- off.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: January 25, 2015, 06:46:56 AM »
Wow congrats SeashellnBubbles!! $10 for legacy day is awesome! :bigups:  :frolic:  :cheer:  I wish I could find those that cheap!!!
Salli I love Cedar , she's really cute and I like her character and her color.. but  I'll admit I'm also a bit bothered by her wood grain skin on the doll even though I love trees too- I think its the texture - especially around the edges of her face rather than on her arms/legs ....so mine has her hair over that bit usually!! :P  :blush:

Offline Shenanigans

• G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: January 25, 2015, 07:37:31 AM »
My local WalMart, I think, mispriced the Legacy Day dolls and I got mine toady for $10.00 each!! I'll be going back for more, so if anyone wants one at a discount price, just get hold of me :) Right now they only have Raven, but they should get new stock in soon...hopefully they don't catch on before I can get more!!

That is awesome! :shocked: Are the new Legacy Day dolls $10 as well? Cause I need Ashlynn, Cerise, and Maddie! Cerise is way too gorgeous :inlove:

As for Cedar's wood grain skin, I love it! She looks so unique and I think it would look weird if she had the wood grain on her face so I think it's perfect with just a little around the edges of her face :)
My Wish List

Offline ajmeier55

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: January 25, 2015, 11:02:12 AM »
Duchess and Kitty are available on Amazon (well they are sold out right now, but they are being sold by Amazon).

Kitty Cheshire ~ with arm warmers by reidelsol, on Flickr

My husband was tired of hearing me whine about Kitty coming without her arm warmers, so he created the model and 3D printed these for me! (We've listed them in our etsy shop if anyone wants a pair)

Just ordered a pair :)

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: January 26, 2015, 04:55:32 AM »
True ... the wood grain would look worse if it was all over Cedars face rather than just around the edges...but I maybe would have liked it better not to be on her face at all.. anyways I still think she is cute :heart:

Kittys missing arm warmers bother me as well :yikes:  ...so I may have to order some custom ones when I have saved up again :)

Offline Shenanigans

• G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: January 26, 2015, 05:59:06 AM »
I'm looking to buy the EAH books and I'm not sure where we discussed them in this thread XD

So I'm seeing:

The Storybook of Legends
The Unfairest of Them All
A Wonderlandiful World

Are there any more books?
My Wish List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal