collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: FS Applejack Power Pony issues  (Read 633 times)

Offline lordalexander74

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
FS Applejack Power Pony issues
« on: February 05, 2017, 11:17:12 AM »
Bought  the power pony Applejack loose from overseas a while ago, her hair came loose and I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be tucked into those green socks. At least according to the stock pics on MLPMerch. My mom has this tweezer-like tool we used to grab the tail hair and pull it through, but there's just too much mane hair to work with. Tried pulling it through in sections, but again that sock is just too small for the amount of hair.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Thanks to Lunacat for the lovely art

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: FS Applejack Power Pony issues
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 06:59:05 PM »
Hmm, I have her still in her stock 'sock' (LOL!) from when I got her for Christmas, have you tried putting it in an elastic and then pulling the ponytail through? That might make it easier, if you can get a good enough grip on it.

I just checked my AJ, and you're right, the sock is REALLY tight on her hair. My only thought here is you might have to pull it in much like customizers pull a new tail through the old tail-hole on a pony. Basically, you'll get a loop of wire or thread (something strong; fishing line?), make a big loop in it, and slide it in backwards through the sock. (The tweezers will help you pull the wire loop through!) Put the mane into the loop, fold it over enough so that it won't fall out, and pull it through the sock in one clean motion. Sometimes the hair will fall out halfway, so you just pull it out and try again!

I hope I'm explaining this well, basically you're tying a loop around the hair so you can guide it back  through the sock.
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+266)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 01:02:47 PM »
I'm wondering if you could tie string or something to the ends of the hair to make it into a point - i guess it'd be better if the string is coming out at the middle of the point. Then thread the string through the sock and in theory the hair will go through the sock if you're careful. yeah, it's tough to know how you can do it if the sock doesn't allow you to double the hair over. Or it's possible if you do have then quarter and see how it goes - I do that if my tail hole isn't large enough for the tail I've made to get as much hair in as possible.

Offline lordalexander74

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 03:59:28 PM »
Thanks for the advice, my mom ended up pulling the mane through the sock in two sections. She taped the end up with masking tape (I'm not concerned if that'll damage the hair in any way) and just pulled it through with that special pair of tweezers.
Thanks to Lunacat for the lovely art

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal