collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Vanishing Childhood ponies?  (Read 1019 times)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
Re: Vanishing Childhood ponies?
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2012, 10:26:11 PM »
I get so annoyed when I can't remember what happened to some of my childhood toys. My mom tended to give them away if she thought i had outgrown them. So some just kind of disappeared. I still give my mom some grief about giving my care bears away.

I was around 5 or 6 when i had my childhood ponies so I only have vague memories of them.

I loved them but most of them were not well taken care of. Dunked in water, haircuts, played with in the backyard (yes, unfortunately i was that kid) So i think most of them were eventually thrown out. I do wish i had taken better care of them back then. I never imagined I would miss them when i got older.

I have replaced most of the ones that i can remember and no, it's not quite the same but now that i've had them a couple of years they feel more like my own.  And now i do take good care of them
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Princess-Sparkles

• Princess pony from Aus
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic expert. ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2012, 10:34:33 PM »
My step-mum threw out my ponies when I was 5 at most. I left them at my dads place and then never saw them again. :( the only one spared was a sunshine fakie that I left at my mums place. I looked everywhere at both houses, then one day my step-mum saw me looking for them and she said they're gone. :cry: I loved them to death.

I had:
Baby Palm Tree
Bubbles
Sunbeam
Parasol
A ballerina baby
A baby sea pony or adult.

I have replacements but it's just not the same. This traumatized me for a very long time. I only started to get over it when I found Princess Sparkle AKA Lucy at a thrift store this was when I was 12
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Thank you SDS for my Princess Sparke avatar and thank you Shenanigans for my signature. ^_^
~My want list

Wanted: Baby Cotton Candy and Bowties with bad hair and hair cuts. :)

Offline MnDancer

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2012, 12:13:58 AM »
Unfortunately, my ex husband cost me my entire childhood collection of ponies, so I've had to replace them all, and I still haven't replaced every one of them yet. Nothing will be the same as having my childhood ponies, especially my favorites. It does help fill the void to have the replacements, though. To me, they're still better than not having ponies!
:art:Pony lover since 1983 :rainbow:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2012, 01:06:57 AM »
My ponies are "lost" in the garage :huh:

When we moved in this house I had them. I put them in a storage bin because I wasn't into ponies then (hadn't found the Arena yet :P ) but I still have most of my childhood toys and I was just putting them away until I could organize. Between then and joining up here, two other households also moved in - and the garage is crammed all the way to the ceiling.

I have tried a few times to go out there and do something, but each time I do, someone comes in behind me and makes a mess of it all again. I gave up :( They're out there somewhere. In the sweltering heat :crazy:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Roseprincess1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2012, 10:24:42 AM »
Strangely enough... i never lost most of my child hood ponies.
I still have all of the ones i had..
some of them needed baths and to have the nappy hair tripped at touch or conditioned.. but most of them were in good shape.
I was always very bad about that as a child.. taking care of my toys...
They were my friends and you dont want to see your friends get hurt right?
i mean they were just silly little' horsies i know, but to a child they were real.. and meant something.
So i always took excellent care of them..
now poor glory is a bit dirty.. cus she was my first MLP and i loved her so much.. took with me pretty much every were.. poor sparkler has a couple of nibbles on her horn from a puppy i had but shes ok.. gives her a lil character.. but i still have them.
I almost didnt.. my sister wanted to take them and ...well to this day i dont know what she wanted with them since her children were all guys...So i had a choice.. put them up and pretend i wanted nothing to do with them.. or let her ruin them..
so i put them away in my atic and so i still have them now.. hehe
well i had tomove down stairs to help wiht my mom now.. so my g4s have moved with me.. but i still have them..
im so sorry for all of you that lost yours..
i hope you find them all some day.

Offline Eluluu

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • should be sculpting... ooh! Netflix!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2012, 11:40:56 AM »
im having a bit of an odd problem... lol i love my childhood Fizzy, and decided it was time to give her a new mane and tail, so i prepped her for some much needed and deserved spa time, then i moved, and she remained in my 'bait/rehair' box... and i got a couple more fizzys in the mean time, and prepped the ratty ones for varient rehairs... long story short, i now have 3 bald Fizzys in with my bait, all in about the same condition, and im not SURE which girl was MINE. lol its an odd situation and not the end of the world, but im still a bit miffed at myself lol.

Offline cyberunicorn

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • show the wind how to fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2012, 12:08:12 PM »
Sometimes I wish that my ponies vanished when I was younger but no I saw every single one of them go in one foul swoop.... :yikes: :yikes:

My mum decided they were destined for the car boot sale   :mad:. But I do remember that I was 14 and I snook up in to the loft and removed a few I wish I could I could have saved them all but she would have noticed if they disappeared. I managed to "Save" 4 of them.

anyhow at the car boot sale we had only just got them out and and a bit man with a walking stick came over looked in to the bucket they were in moved the top one then asked how much she said £10 for the lot. and that was it he even took the bucket. I used to wonder what happened to them but thinking about it I bet he sold them on to collectors or something like that.

I have nearly managed to get replacements for them short of one dnw cuddles and I can say with out any doubt they are not going ANYWHERE

Mlphammy

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2012, 12:35:37 PM »
I remember my mother sold my ponies to someone who would donate them to a thrift store. I remember it all, teasing my little sister with Tink-a-too II... And my Thistle Whistle... They were mint! (super long hair ponies got a short trim though I didn't comb them  XD) But I miss them...

ETA: I still have 3: Snowflake, Mistletoe, and Winter Wish
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 12:39:24 PM by Mlphammy »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal