collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Has Hasbro's Focus Changed?  (Read 9815 times)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Has Hasbro's Focus Changed?
« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2012, 01:27:14 PM »
I think we need to stop being offended at all the Hot Topic stuff.  I think we all can agree that Hot Topic's mission is to SELL SELL SELL.  Whatever's popular at the time, sell it!  When I was younger, it was all about gothic clothing and fancy artbooks and jewelry and makeup.  Then it started doing t-shirts and cds and comics and accessories.  Then there were patches and stickers and MORE accessories.  And whatever was new was suddenly in that store - it's a pop culture store.  Star Wars, Family Guy, Care Bears, superheroes, Sandman, Froud, Lord of the Rings, Pirates of the Caribbean, Happy Tree Friends... I could go on... 

FiM is just a trendy cartoon at the moment.  When it ends, there will be inevitably something else that's awesome.  Maybe by that point, the new popular cartoon is about a gender-bending vampire and his trusty robot mech who loves ice cream and lobsters.  Whatever.  Then Hot Topic will sell lobster bedroom slippers, plush robots and keychains that double as lipstick containers. 

If you like the merchandise with pony stuff on it, buy it.  If not, don't.  If you want something that's not being made, there are other markets where those things can be bought or commissioned.  :)  Lots of artists do great things on Etsy! 

But I don't think Hasbro is IGNORING us so much as realizing that they can slap Rainbow Dash on anything, anything really, and make at least $12.95 off the venture...  :-p  They're just not creating products or licensing products yet that we have expressed interest in buying.  So change that.  Write your favorite manufacturers of "stuff" and ask them if they are going to make pony stuff.  :) 

Really, if you'd rather see Victoria's Secret stock the pony panties than Hot Topic, please by all means, let Victoria's Secret know! 
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 01:31:04 PM by lovesbabysquirmy »
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Betelgeuse

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2012, 01:29:52 PM »
I don't think people act like that here. I don't know what you saw or heard, but the FiM fans are always nice and respectful to older gen fans. In fact, there is a great overlap of people who like both.
Not so much here, but it's very rude on certain sites. I'm happy that the Arena is pretty much free of the majority of that.

Offline BrightIdea

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 02, 2012, 01:35:34 PM »
I don't think people act like that here. I don't know what you saw or heard, but the FiM fans are always nice and respectful to older gen fans. In fact, there is a great overlap of people who like both.
Not so much here, but it's very rude on certain sites. I'm happy that the Arena is pretty much free of the majority of that.

Hehe, yeah I was definitely referring to the Arena only. I am happy everyone is nice to each other here  :)

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2012, 01:38:37 PM »
This is making me somewhat frustrated and slightly depressed.
It's clear that Hasbro is catering to the bronies, rather than the children.
I consider myself more in the "children" group than in the "brony" group to be honest. I realize that as a company, they're trying to make money and this is why they are doing it, but it still makes me rather sad. However, I'm more inclined to buy G1s and customs now because my interest in the G4 toys isn't as big as it once was.

I agree.  I'm also very tired of people arguing and getting bashed over liking a certain generation or people who are set in their ways about FIM and bashing other generations.  I mean, we never had to worry about threads getting deleted or locked because of certain people arguing or bashing.  I want the arena to stay peaceful and those who can't help keep it that way shouldn't be here, or find another place to be mean to others.
There's people bashing G1 in here now!? Really? :O
You know, I left youtube because of that problem. I'm now really upset that this problem has spread to a collecting website that for the most part focuses more on G1 and the other older generations.

If people aren't going to be respectful of what others like, why are they here in the first place? I don't want people causing drama in what I thought was a safe place from it.

There are people who are only fans of FIM and they think anything before FIM is--G1's and G3's are far less superior.  Some new people here are like that, and some aren't.  You can tell who they are by the way they act.

I have seen it here some, that's how the arguments happen sometimes, between people who are only fans of FIM and people who like everything else.  I'm not saying in any way that FIM is bad.  I like the show and have some of the ponies, as well as G1's and G3's.  My personal preference is G1's and G3's.  I'm just happy that hasbro is still making MLP.  It isn't just me though, I've seen other people here say the same thing, saying they've seen bashing and what not.

BerryPunch

« Reply #79 on: December 02, 2012, 01:41:23 PM »
I'm probably the only one that doesn't care if people are out there bashing what I like. I say "good for them, they're missing out  :lol:"

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 02, 2012, 01:47:11 PM »
I'm probably the only one that doesn't care if people are out there bashing what I like. I say "good for them, they're missing out  :lol:"

That's how I feel too.  I'm not offended if people say G1's or G3's are stupid.  It doesn't change my opinion of them.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 02, 2012, 01:49:08 PM »
Please can we not use this thread as a general discussion about how fans treat one another here or elsewhere on the internet. The thread is about Hot Topic and general merchandise. Can we head back on to topic please.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 02, 2012, 01:53:55 PM »
I actually see more from previous gen fans towards G4 fans than the other way around. People who talk about the things some bronies on other sites do while forgetting that all bronies are is fans of FIM and that some people here might actually identify as bronies or be friends with one. Bronies can even also be fans of earlier gens since the two are not mutually exclusive.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 02, 2012, 01:55:18 PM »
I wish Hot Topic sold some retro MLP stuff too.

Betelgeuse

« Reply #84 on: December 02, 2012, 02:01:52 PM »
THIS. I feel older gens need some more merch. And not just female clothing.

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 02, 2012, 02:08:10 PM »

They are doing retro rainbow brite and have backpacks, pillow pets, cups, bracelets, shirts, etc.  Rainbow Brite has changed it's look for a new generation and they are still doing the retro rainbow brite stuff at hot topic.  All they have are webisodes on the website but still.

Betelgeuse

« Reply #86 on: December 02, 2012, 02:13:31 PM »

They are doing retro rainbow brite and have backpacks, pillow pets, cups, bracelets, shirts, etc.  Rainbow Brite has changed it's look for a new generation and they are still doing the retro rainbow brite stuff at hot topic.  All they have are webisodes on the website but still.
GASP!!! Retro Rainbow Brite stuff!!!??? :O
Want want want!
I'm super excited now. Thanks so much for sharing.

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 02, 2012, 02:15:32 PM »

Want want want!

Welcome.  :)  Most Walmarts have a shirt in the juniors section where the graphic t-shirts are and hot topic has tons of stuff.

Betelgeuse

« Reply #88 on: December 02, 2012, 03:51:00 PM »

Want want want!

Welcome.  :)  Most Walmarts have a shirt in the juniors section where the graphic t-shirts are and hot topic has tons of stuff.
Awesome. Sadly, I don't fit junior sizes but I'm very pleased they're making retro merch.

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 02, 2012, 03:56:18 PM »
I always used to get sad (and still do) when they would have these retro shirts for old 80's things and they wouldn't fit me unless I was a toothpick. Like they used to have a Last Unicorn shirt and I wanted it so much, but it didn't fit. :( I'm wishing they would have more shirts that are colorful, fit well, and are on their mane characters. Like somebody said they have a Grey Pegasus shirt but I'm not a fan of her nor do I like Dr. Hooves. But I'd love like a nice blue shirt with Rainbow Dash or Luna or Fluttershy. Maybe a larger size pink Pinkie Pie shirt?
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal