collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: baby toe dancer's shoes  (Read 870 times)

Offline mysgalaxy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
baby toe dancer's shoes
« on: February 18, 2022, 07:32:32 PM »
well, i just got a baby toe dancer in my collection, and something that bothers me a bit is how her shoes are not painted, only the ribbons
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

i was thinking about painting them in the same shade of pink as her outfit, has anyone here ever done this to any of the ballerinna ponies? i am curious to see some
« Last Edit: February 18, 2022, 07:37:01 PM by mysgalaxy »
♡ they/them pronouns ♡
sig by me

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: baby toe dancer's shoes
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2022, 10:44:04 PM »
I might be wrong, but I seem to recall Kim Shriner had done that with her Baby Ballerina ponies?  And it looked really cute.

Not 100% sure it was Kim Shriner, but I know I saw it on an old site and I thought it was a great idea.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2022, 01:35:02 AM »
I haven't done this to mine, but I'm sure it would be SUPER cute!
I would make sure to use a clear base coat under your paint though, so it doesn't stain the plastic :)
I'm generally not for altering good condition ponies, but it's your pony, and you should enjoy her fully. :lovey:

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline starstrider

• Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pony pride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2022, 01:53:56 AM »
I might be wrong, but I seem to recall Kim Shriner had done that with her Baby Ballerina ponies?  And it looked really cute.

Not 100% sure it was Kim Shriner, but I know I saw it on an old site and I thought it was a great idea.

Yep! Distinctly remember Kimberley's baby ballerinas with their painted shoes on the old Dream Valley website. 
« Last Edit: February 19, 2022, 01:58:51 AM by starstrider »

Offline Toilandtrouble123

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
  • Hubble bubble, Toil and trouble!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2022, 01:59:50 AM »
I have a bait Baby Tippy Toes, and have a concept of turning her leotard and slippers into a metallic costume, and then seeing if I can rehair her with rainbow hair.

I'll be using Vallejo masking liquid to protect the bits of leg between the criss-cross of the ribbons before airbrushing the metallic paint onto the slippers.

The masking liquid is quite cheap on amazon - give it a go!

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2022, 07:58:07 AM »

Yep! Distinctly remember Kimberley's baby ballerinas with their painted shoes on the old Dream Valley website.

Yeah, it was Kim's site :)

http://web.archive.org/web/20080518014908/http://www.kimsites.net/dreamvalley/8th_edition_ponies.html
http://web.archive.org/web/20080519061701/http://www.kimsites.net/dreamvalley/9th_edition_ponies2.html

They look sooo much better with painted shoes, I don't know why Hasbro didn't paint 'em! I hate molded-on unpainted accessories, especially in cases like this when the shoes are kind of a key part of the design!

Offline mysgalaxy

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2022, 09:20:59 AM »
Yeah, it was Kim's site :)

http://web.archive.org/web/20080518014908/http://www.kimsites.net/dreamvalley/8th_edition_ponies.html
http://web.archive.org/web/20080519061701/http://www.kimsites.net/dreamvalley/9th_edition_ponies2.html

They look sooo much better with painted shoes, I don't know why Hasbro didn't paint 'em! I hate molded-on unpainted accessories, especially in cases like this when the shoes are kind of a key part of the design!
she looks adorable with the pink shoes! now i'm tempted to do it, just need to buy the perfect shade of paint now
♡ they/them pronouns ♡
sig by me

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2022, 09:28:25 AM »
I agree with Shaiyeh, and I also think that sometimes you just have to give Hasbro a helping hand. I painted out the annoying cartoon face on Sunspot and replaced it with plain gold (sorry if controversial!). And I fully removed some tatty Magic Message symbols that had mostly come off anyway. Oh and de-flocking! I've done that too. So I agree sometimes you just want to get the most enjoyment out of your ponies and I think it's fine. I have painted non-standard colour flowers on one or two white Show Stable hats and given them to various ponies.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2022, 09:33:20 AM by Artemesia's Garden »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline mysgalaxy

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2022, 09:38:44 AM »
I painted out the annoying cartoon face on Sunspot and replaced it with plain gold (sorry if controversial!).
i have the same issue with both sunspot and sunny daze, who made the decision of adding smileys on them? i just find it so random
♡ they/them pronouns ♡
sig by me

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2022, 09:42:16 AM »
I painted out the annoying cartoon face on Sunspot and replaced it with plain gold (sorry if controversial!).
i have the same issue with both sunspot and sunny daze, who made the decision of adding smileys on them? i just find it so random

Glad it's not just me!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2022, 09:51:05 AM »
I'm in the do no harm camp, so I'd consider painting the shoes to be damaging the pony.

But it's not my pony. And if you're keeping it and not planning to sell it, then it's up to you.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2022, 10:10:02 AM »
I've always thought the unpainted shoes looked a little odd too.  I think I had Baby Sweet Steps in my childhood herd.  I wonder if leaving the shoes unpainted was a last minute decision by Hasbro?

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2022, 10:36:35 AM »
It's just so odd since they usually *didn't* do stuff like this back in G1, you know? I mean.. I'd expect unpainted shoes from current Hasbro, but G1 generally had a bit more care put into it.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2022, 10:39:53 AM »
The weird thing is that they painted the bows and not the shoes.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline starstrider

• Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pony pride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2022, 05:34:22 AM »
I always wondered why they didn't paint the slippers! Definitely a missed opportunity by Hasbro there. They really do look very cute when they're painted, but I personally don't like altering ponies.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal