collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Does anyone make dresses for their mlp? Show me pics if you do :3  (Read 520 times)

Offline faespirit

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • Will there be exciting sights to see...
    • View Profile
 Sooo I was just curious if anyone makes clothing/ dresses for their mlp. When I checked online, I was surprised that there wasnt very many resources on dress making for ponies as opposed to doll dress making which is disappointing since I just got into sewing and wanted to make some dresses for my toys.

Thanks to mlp fever’s vids on YouTube tho I managed to make some dresses and they turned out adorable  ^.^

Here’s the thread where I posted mine:
https://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=404795.0

If anyone else makes clothing for their mlp, show me some pics I’d love to see : D
« Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 08:20:02 AM by faespirit »

Offline shes-so-unusual

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fakie!
  • Lifelong Pony Lover! G1 Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone make dresses for their mlp? Show me pics if you do :3
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2023, 05:18:59 PM »
I really hope to one day! I'm too lazy to get out the sewing machine when its this hot out but I neeed to make some little hats and dresses for them.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2023, 09:31:17 AM »
I made a graduation outfit for Rainbow Dash in 2003, when I graduated my first degree. I have photos somewhere but I don't know where they are right now. As a kid I used to make (knit) scarves and legwarmers for the ponies we took out on walks, and I corked neckscarves for a bunch of baby ponies when we used to play with them, but not really since then.

Doll ones, yes. Not so much pony.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2023, 12:03:06 AM »
First off, this thread has Pink Kittywinks's name all over it!!!
Second, though I'm not a dress person, as I'm not a major fan of sewing beyond a few basics, I do make jumpers & capes for my Ponies (though not the g4s yet). So far I've been putting the jumpers on the girls to pair with skirts from an eBay seller, & capes on the boys. I wrote a knitting pattern for the DK yarn jumpers, but it has to be adjusted for thinner & thicker yarns (I don't recommend using thicker yarns on G2s or Babies as it looks bulky on them, however a G3 or G1 adult looks so cosy in one)
Teeny capes

Adult Boy cape & balaclava

Crochet regal cape for Baby Boy

crochet regal cape for adult Boy

G3 adult cape, hat, & scarf

G1 Baby capes

G3 adult jumper & skirt (I knitted the skirt here too)

There are more pics in other threads, including one called My Little Jumpers or My Little Knitting...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline faespirit

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • Will there be exciting sights to see...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2023, 10:06:25 AM »
I made a graduation outfit for Rainbow Dash in 2003, when I graduated my first degree. I have photos somewhere but I don't know where they are right now. As a kid I used to make (knit) scarves and legwarmers for the ponies we took out on walks, and I corked neckscarves for a bunch of baby ponies when we used to play with them, but not really since then.

Doll ones, yes. Not so much pony.

Ooo cool!

First off, this thread has Pink Kittywinks's name all over it!!!
Second, though I'm not a dress person, as I'm not a major fan of sewing beyond a few basics, I do make jumpers & capes for my Ponies (though not the g4s yet). So far I've been putting the jumpers on the girls to pair with skirts from an eBay seller, & capes on the boys. I wrote a knitting pattern for the DK yarn jumpers, but it has to be adjusted for thinner & thicker yarns (I don't recommend using thicker yarns on G2s or Babies as it looks bulky on them, however a G3 or G1 adult looks so cosy in one)
Teeny capes

Adult Boy cape & balaclava

Crochet regal cape for Baby Boy

crochet regal cape for adult Boy

G3 adult cape, hat, & scarf

G1 Baby capes

G3 adult jumper & skirt (I knitted the skirt here too)

There are more pics in other threads, including one called My Little Jumpers or My Little Knitting...

Omg those are some adorable jumpers and capes, love velvet’s outfit in the last photo ^.^ also yes haha I’ve seen PKW’s work on insta she makes lovely dresses  :lovey:

Offline shes-so-unusual

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fakie!
  • Lifelong Pony Lover! G1 Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2023, 05:59:23 PM »
Oh my gosh Ponybookworm, I NEED to know how you made that balaclava!! I'm now inspired to make some.

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2023, 09:05:04 PM »
I made some fingerless gloves following a pattern by Nimble Needles on Youtube. They had this handy little cast-on method you can do in the middle of a row, & in the row below it's a stretchy cast-off which goes with the rib-knit of the gloves. I used the same techniques (rib, stretchy cast-off, & mid-row cast-on) to make the face holes in the balaclava, then sewed together with mattress stitch up the side & whip stitch across the top. The side-seam is on the back of the head.
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2023, 05:19:28 PM »
Oh my gosh Ponybookworm, I NEED to know how you made that balaclava!! I'm now inspired to make some.
Further on this subject: this linkie shows how to make holes in knitting (for buttons but they also work in other hole-making) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhu_-ypLXU4

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal