collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Let's Talk Game of Thrones  (Read 8292 times)

Offline Ren-Ren

• Trade Count: (+237)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://renren-1.livejournal.com/
Re: Let's Talk Game of Thrones
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2012, 01:06:15 AM »
Earth's Children has a lot of sex in it. A lot.  And quite a bit of it is.. um.. very descriptive. I don't think it would be appropriate for 11-12 year olds. 
Yeah, I was remembering that on my way home after making my initial post. And I can't say that adult content didn't impact me at all. Though that's about the time that the girls my age were beginning to pass around "romance" novels at school during lunch anyway, so it wasn't my only exposure. But I guess, if I think about it honestly, I wouldn't give permission to my own child (if I had one) to read EC that young. But if a parent is gonna let their kid read ASoIaF then EC is really nothing. 
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 01:14:11 AM by Ren-Ren »
Thanks to Calico Star for my siggy! <3 (deleted cause photobucket)
*** My Sales Page*** My Little Pink Pony Loves MMA***

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2012, 12:09:30 PM »
I'm now about 5 or 6 chapters into Game of Thrones (Bran has just had his 'accident' and Tyrion's ordered his bacon black). I'm amazed how closely the series has stuck to the book thus far! Impressive... I would have expected the series to have just glossed over stuff, but it really hasn't.

Enjoying very much thus far  :)

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2012, 12:36:23 PM »
One day and five hours to go for season 2!

I think I'm going to marathon the season 1 Blu Ray. I haven't gone through all the featurettes yet and today seems like as good a day as any. I'm really glad I picked it up, the footage quality is gorgeous in HD and at any time you can hit a button and get the name and short background of whoever is in the scene, as well as where they're located on the world map.

There's also back story interludes that pop up at integral points in the plot you have the option of watching that tell of the history of the houses, religions, political standings, etc. It's really helpful when introducing new people to the story so you don't have to keep pausing every five minutes and explain everything to keep them caught up.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline dinobuzz

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2012, 03:32:59 PM »
Who's getting ready to watch the start of Season 2 tonight?!!!! Sadly, we don't have HBO and I'm gonna have to rely on whatever gets posted on you tube to catch any of it!!!  :huh:

Offline Ren-Ren

• Trade Count: (+237)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://renren-1.livejournal.com/
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2012, 03:45:42 PM »
I wasn't planning on getting HBO, but we have a free preview of it this weekend so I will take advantage to watch the first ep. Maybe it'll tempt me into ordering HBO for the next couple of months after all.  But if  I see male organs that likelihood is decreased by half >_< Theon and Hodor scarred me last season.
Thanks to Calico Star for my siggy! <3 (deleted cause photobucket)
*** My Sales Page*** My Little Pink Pony Loves MMA***

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2012, 04:36:31 PM »
I wasn't planning on getting HBO, but we have a free preview of it this weekend so I will take advantage to watch the first ep. Maybe it'll tempt me into ordering HBO for the next couple of months after all.  But if  I see male organs that likelihood is decreased by half >_< Theon and Hodor scarred me last season.

Pshaw! We see so many female organs it's a darn nice change to see some male ones! :P

I was gonna get the HBO free trial too but it said I needed to pay for DVR then so I didn't do it  :huh:

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2012, 03:58:55 PM »
How was it? Please let us who don't have HBO know!
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2012, 08:33:01 PM »
It was really really good! A little difficult to get back into all the stories since there are like 5 of them and they keep switching back and forth and I had forgotten where they left off. But looks like a great start to the new season!  :biggrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal