collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Argie snuzzle broken and dirty  (Read 2812 times)

Offline aniko79

• No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+42)
  • So Soft Pony
  • just fallen in love with Takara Ponies
    • View Profile
Argie snuzzle broken and dirty
« on: July 11, 2013, 11:14:12 AM »
Hi all, I got an Argie snuzzle two days ago from a popular ebay seller and when I opened her to clean her I was completely shocked. She was utterly dirty inside and the metal ring which held her tail was broken into pieces due to rust.I contacted the seller today about this problem asking for a partial refund and she reacted very unprofessional and completely furious. She said that I am evil to do this because she has two babies and needs the money urgently:-( I will never buy from this seller anymore that's for sure! What would you do in my situation?

Moving this over to Trader Support for you. SnorkMaiden, WYP mod
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 12:38:35 PM by SnorkMaiden »
[USER IS BANNED FROM ALL TRANSACTIONS ON MLP ARENA - Site Admin]

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Argie snuzzle broken and dirty
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 11:30:47 AM »
Sounds like she reacted pretty unprofessionally-

but honestly I have very very rarely received a pony or doll from Argentina that was not really dirty...

Offline minamarie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 11:41:49 AM »
but..how could she know what the pony looks on the inside? and isnt dirt cleanable? its a used toy. i wouldnt refund to this reasons. the worth isnt affected to me (maybe little cause of the washer but she couldnt see it)
i myself onetime sold something for about 3€ (normally way more expensive and i had fees etc) and she wanted money back cause she said something on the inside where broken. i got really angry too cause there are people who do this with every single item to get them for free or lower the price afterwards

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 11:53:52 AM »
Was the pony's head removed when you bought it? What was the auction description like? Did you ask before you bought it?

In my experience every Argentina pony I had was filthy on the inside, and I had to replace almost all the washers ect. It's really not that uncommon and finding one that isn't disgusting I think is a miracle. I think typically the really clean nice Argies I've bought have already been in a collectors hands and were cleaned up.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline ravengusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 12:00:25 PM »
If you could see the pony had tail rust from the outside (which you often can by discolouring of the tail where it leaves the pony) and it wasn't mentioned then fair dos a bit of cash back should be expected.

However if the pony had no visible signs on the outside that she was a rust heap inside then you can't do a lot unless of course the head was loose and the seller knew about the condition.

A tip for cleaning would be clothes washing powder in warm water, worked on my lemon drop only bits left in her are bits in the legs i can't get too.
my new fan page https://www.facebook.com/princessofpowerukfan
:socks:
Just so you know...I open boxes! My cash, my pony, my choice  :biggrin:
Respect to Box lovers you have stronger will than I do...peace  :)

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2013, 01:00:40 PM »
I don't personally know anything about Argies, but I don't think it's ever appropriate for a seller to call a buyer evil. They could have dealt with this calmly and professionally.

As for asking about flaws beforehand, I don't always think that's a valid excuse. I don't think a seller is exempt from describing their items accurately because it's somehow the buyers responsibility to ask about all flaws an item could potentially have. Granted that doesn't seem to apply here.

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2013, 01:05:15 PM »
What was the description in the listing? Were there pictures? It's hard to say what I'd do without knowing the details. The seller's overreaction, though, was unnecessary.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2013, 01:25:57 PM »
Can you be a little more elaborate on the situation? And can we please have a link to the auction?
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2013, 01:44:13 PM »
If there was no visible rust, then the seller is not at fault, especially if her head was sealed.  From my understanding, breaking the seal on the head actually damages the value?  At least on non-Nirvana's.  I would not refund you either, if those two bits were true.  I would not break a seal on one of my ponies to make sure they are clean inside as well as out.  I would list the item as-is, period.  When you break open the seal, it's yours, and if the tailwasher is broken inside, it's not a major issue, nor is the rust.  Cream of tartar will fix that up.  Most ponies are going to be dirty inside. They are a kid's toys and if they're coming from a non-collector, even more so.

Basically, let me put it this way.  You buy a computer, okay?  Well, the computer won't turn on, so what do you?  You crack it open and you try to fix it.  However, you can't, but you still want the seller to replace it?  No, you voided the warranty and protection because the item is NOT in the condition in which it was received, whether it was broken previously or not.  Sorry. 

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2013, 01:59:04 PM »
If there was no visible rust, then the seller is not at fault, especially if her head was sealed.  From my understanding, breaking the seal on the head actually damages the value?  At least on non-Nirvana's.  I would not refund you either, if those two bits were true.  I would not break a seal on one of my ponies to make sure they are clean inside as well as out.  I would list the item as-is, period.  When you break open the seal, it's yours, and if the tailwasher is broken inside, it's not a major issue, nor is the rust.  Cream of tartar will fix that up.  Most ponies are going to be dirty inside. They are a kid's toys and if they're coming from a non-collector, even more so.

Basically, let me put it this way.  You buy a computer, okay?  Well, the computer won't turn on, so what do you?  You crack it open and you try to fix it.  However, you can't, but you still want the seller to replace it?  No, you voided the warranty and protection because the item is NOT in the condition in which it was received, whether it was broken previously or not.  Sorry. 

Hmm I never thought about this (as far as a neck seal) before.  Does breaking the neck seal negatively effect condition listing?  It's true that if the seal was intact then breaking the seal would be a deviation from the original condition.  However, if it was broken in order to clean her and repair her then the benefits of opening might outweigh the negative of breaking the seal.  Unreturnable as a result?

If there was no outward indication of problems then I am guessing the buyer here would not have cracked open the neck seal.  So they must have had some reason to think the innards had a problem, or else the seal must have already been broken.  But if the seller didn't know much about ponies I'm sure they didn't think to pull the head off to look inside.

All and all I think the seller was rude in response, but depending on clarification of a few questions I don't think they meant to mislead you.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2013, 02:18:40 PM »
Let's wait and see what the OP has to say in regards to this before we make any accusations. Thanks PonyLady
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline lovebeam

• Trade Count: (+42)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2013, 02:29:15 PM »
I don't think breaking the neck seal to clean the inside of a pony would damage the value. On occasion I have had to do so to clean ponies that has nastiness inside. Sometime mold will grow inside a pony especially if it was used as a bath toy.   
2,2 2 names in one! Lovebeam @ Cobralily

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2013, 02:56:50 PM »
I've bought well over 100 ponies from Argentina, and unless they are still in the package this is the condition that every single one was in. It's pretty much to be expected when buying an Argentina pony. I personally would not expect the seller to give a refund in this case. I do agree that the seller's reply was rude, but the condition is par for the course.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2013, 03:04:48 PM »
I've bought well over 100 ponies from Argentina, and unless they are still in the package this is the condition that every single one was in. It's pretty much to be expected when buying an Argentina pony. I personally would not expect the seller to give a refund in this case. I do agree that the seller's reply was rude, but the condition is par for the course.

I have to say I agree.   
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 03:12:47 PM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2013, 03:11:50 PM »
Also Argentina ponies don't have a glued neck, so breaking the seal is moot point. I forgot to include that in my original post.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal