collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pet Peeve with Ebay Pony Sellers please let me rant....  (Read 2773 times)

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Pet Peeve with Ebay Pony Sellers please let me rant....
« on: May 10, 2012, 04:19:25 PM »
Okay I am in a bad mood right now due to the loss of my cat...but still...this really bugs me.
I look all through ebay..all of the time at auctions.  There are some things I see that drive me crazy.  The first thing is one picture of a pony and no description. Why?
The second thing is a picture and all that sellers auctions have the same description and basically it covers every single problem a pony could have..and you have no idea what that one you are looking at has...argh
This pet peeve though is the worst.  When I write a seller to ask about a pony.  Like say this is my question: Does your pony have any scratches, marks, or ink stains?
This is the answer I get back 90% of the time:
"As you know these were made in the 1980s.. a long time ago and they are old toys so marks are to be expected."
Now I am not stupid, I know the age of my ponies, so why do sellers say this?  Its so insulting really.  And did they answer my question no? Basically I just felt I was getting a lesson on, "its old, its got problems."
Please tell me why it is so hard for 90% of the sellers to just show photos of the damage? Describe the pony's hair, body, symbols and any problems it has?  I don't need a lesson in the age of the pony...I need to know what the crazy pony looks like.  Its like they really don't care to sell anything.  If I could hold it I could see the damage and assess whether is was bad or minor.  The only way I have of doing that is to ask a question.  Very few sellers answer my question...and its downright irritating.

I remember the days on ebay when sellers cared about making a good sale.  They would answer questions very well and show lots of photos.  If you have a question they would add that to their descriptions so no one else would have to ask it.  Now people are just plain lazy.  Really..the integrity of the online community has gone wayyyyy down.

As if the over priced ponies were the only issue. blaaaa

Last but not least...you know what really urks me?  When these sellers  have the nerve to get upset  because they got a negative...or you had to take out a case against them do to difficulty trying to return a poorly described item..  What right do they have really to be all upset about their negative when they are so flaky in their selling and answering of questions?  Then they try to tell everyone on ebay you are rude because you told the truth about them. 

Okay..I am done..sorry..bad week for shopping. :mad:
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 04:28:14 PM by tulagirl »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Pet Peeve with Ebay Pony Sellers please let me rant....
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 04:43:36 PM »
Sorry about your cat *hugs* I totally agree about the sellers though. And some don't even bother to answer your questions, I really hate that. Sellers used to care, not anymore. I always try to answer the best I can and as quickly as I can. It's not so hard!
My Wish List

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 06:05:57 PM »
first of all I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty  :cry:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  its bad enough trying to deal with some of these ebay sellers on a good day, let alone when you are coping with a loss.
I think TBH when I come across this kind of seller, unless the price is really good and I'm prepared to get a pony in bait condition, then I wont bother buying from them. They clearly know nothing  about what they are selling, or they are deliberately hiding flaws in the hope that they'll get a sale... or they are plain lazy. None of those traits deserves rewarding IMO. 

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 02:58:54 AM »
I'm sorry to hear about your kitty  :hug:

I often wonder the same thing, so you are not alone.   Sure, it's great you ship in 24 hours and Free but what the heck is wrong with the pony?  Personally I don't feel you have to ask a ton of questions just to make a purchase.  It's the sellers responsibility to try and describe their item to the best of their ability.

Or they give the excuse I am a busy mom of 10 but I have over 300 items listed and can't be bothered except to copy and paste the same thing I write for all my listings, let alone give you a decent answer if you have a question.  I think people add that crap to their listing hoping people feel sorry for them. 

Sorry for my rant, it's also a pet peeve of mine. 
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 08:21:19 AM »
Very frustrating indeed!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline balletpot

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Avatar: Childhood Bow-Tie in a new outfit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 09:19:20 AM »
I so agree with how annoying the "It's a twenty years old toy"-answer is. I think "Yes I know, that's one of the reasons why I have to ask these questions".

Offline coinoperatedgirl

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I paint stuff.
    • View Profile
    • Coin-Operated Customs
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2012, 03:51:29 AM »
I hate the auctions that list 1 pony as "g1 pony lot".  That's not a "lot", that's a pony.  A pony lot would imply more than one pony.  PONIES, plural.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2012, 03:59:55 AM »
 too!
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline bagheera86

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2012, 05:36:50 AM »
and, when you do a search for ponies all you get is accessories and everything else... Other than an actual listing for a pony. Or they take really rubbish photos of their products, and when I complain they're all 'SORRY I'M NOT RICH, I HAVE A REALLY CRAPPY CAMERA' and I'm sitting here thinking... Maybe you're just using it wrong? My olld phone can take pretty good images if I'm taking them in some decent like... And not in my darkened bedroom under the light of a computer screen.

Offline coinoperatedgirl

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I paint stuff.
    • View Profile
    • Coin-Operated Customs
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2012, 01:03:24 PM »
and, when you do a search for ponies all you get is accessories and everything else... Other than an actual listing for a pony. Or they take really rubbish photos of their products, and when I complain they're all 'SORRY I'M NOT RICH, I HAVE A REALLY CRAPPY CAMERA' and I'm sitting here thinking... Maybe you're just using it wrong? My olld phone can take pretty good images if I'm taking them in some decent like... And not in my darkened bedroom under the light of a computer screen.

I've started just adding "-accessories" when searching for lots to weed out the boxes of accessories and the like.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2012, 05:17:57 PM »
Yea people are using keywords to get more exposure on ebay and that is against the ebay rules.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Ligress

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart! (art is not updated but I am active to respond there!)
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2012, 01:43:17 PM »
I really really hate how rude some of them are when you get several items and ask /ahead of time/ if you can combine shipping on multiple ponies and they reply 'yes', then keep repeatedly sending non combined invoices.

Then they freak out and yell about how I 'agreed to the shipping and handling' I should pay it (all of it, not combined), why should they combine it , 'fine just this time', or  BETTER cancel the bid saying I wanted all the shipping free. I never said that.....and I was polite in all my mails, I hate just the rudeness!! Seriously how hard is it it to speak politely??

-_- I feel like if you can't be bothered to combine shipping don't just say YES, then get mad at the buyer. I rather just not bid on it or be told the shipping is separate and then I can make a good decision if I want it that much. Being badgered about something I asked on ahead of time irks me to a level I cannot even describe.
~ Have facebook? Selling or buying a custom pony, vintage toys  or pony extras?~
* MLP Extras for sale **http://www.facebook.com/groups/CUSTOMPONIES Vintage Toys BUY SELL TRADE *
Avatar Icon by L Correia My Ponysona Ligress

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal