collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Whacky Stuff Your Significant Other Has Done  (Read 344 times)

Ariadna

• Trade Count: (0)
Whacky Stuff Your Significant Other Has Done
« on: May 21, 2014, 11:29:22 PM »
I am engaged to a dork, a really big, geeky dork and I love his socks off. But blimey he does weird things at times (though I'm also known to be a tad odd), I'm not complaining by any means, but gosh it makes me laugh, facepalm and even snortgiggle XD

Just now he has walked in proclaiming he has 'a bowl of science!', and was eating a white, slightly pinkish, powder. I tasted it, he had made sherbet, the kind you make in high school science class that tastes a bit like laundry powder with jelly crystals thrown in. He also proclaimed that "Science is delicious!" and that everyone should eat science XD

I once come home from grocery shopping, and when I opened the freezer there was a battle scene from the planet Hoth in progress. His Star Wars minifigures had made their way into the freezer and were waging war amid frozen cuts of animal, ice cream, and other stone cold delicacies. It seriously made my day! He was just disappointed that the freezer was not large enough for his AT-AT to fit in *sigh*

I have a photo of part of the scene, can't find the other pics though :/

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Regarding the aforementioned AT-AT, last year I asked him to start putting up the christmas tree while I went out shopping. I came home to find the AT-AT covered in Christmas decorations, tinsel, a foam santa glasses set and even had snow troopers around it's feet between pinecones. It was awesome, and so him. Best Christmas tree ever!

I've also come home to find him proclaiming to the cats that they are the guardians of our castle, and knighting them o.0

So what weird and whacky stuff has your significant other done?

Post Merge: May 22, 2014, 12:56:18 AM

I'm having terrible mood swings (I have bi-polar II) and my partner suggested I should also get a round-a-bout and slippery dip to go with my mood swings  :facepalm:
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 12:56:18 AM by Ariadna »

Online Shaiyeh

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
Re: Whacky Stuff Your Significant Other Has Done
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 03:47:14 AM »
Ohahaha, he sounds so sweet :D
I live with a slightly crazy (good crazy ;) ) guy, too. He lives out most of his wackiness in WoW where we roleplay dwarves (I'm sure that if anyone here RPs on EU servers, you've heard of "the cheese guy/dwarf"? Well, that's him. Everyone on DB and many on AD have heard of him and his antics. Greek for you non-WoW people, sorry.) but he can be just as random and weird IRL, too.
Gotta love our crazy SO's :heart:

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline ponybabe

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 04:38:02 AM »
My hubby can be pretty funny :) The most recent incident was we where driving to this place to pick up our new balcony furniture. The place is close to his parents' house. Suddenly instead of just driving he starts to stop the car and I ask him what is he doing, there's no traffic light there and the one further ahead is green :blink: He then starts to say that there used to be a traffic light right there at one point... maybe about 10 years ago :lookround: So I can't control myself and ask him why he tried to stop for a traffic light that isn't there anymore, is it some sort of mourning thing, like is he showing his respect for the "departed" traffic light :silly: :lmao:

I'm sure he's done other things, his distracted nature makes for lots of funny episodes, I just can't remember any more off of the top of my head right now :lol:

Many thanks to Nence for my adorable sig with my cat Chani in it and Btd for my lovely avatar!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 01:29:16 PM »
Lots of stuff but I can't seem to think of any at the moment.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Rainfeather

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2014, 01:46:00 PM »
Somehow I feel a lot of people here have awesome partners.

Mine is super hot, major gaming and paintball nerd, obese, hairy and super funny and sweet.

A lot of people would disagree with his hotness. Because the obese, hairy and nerdy part. And a lot of people would say his humour and gaming would make him 'immature'.

I have the feeling a lot of my little pony lovers are people who are true about themselves, aren't afraid to look weird, immature or nerdy. And because of they aren't bothered by this stuff, they can see the awesome stuff in their partners. The really important stuff. Accepting how the other person is. Enjoying how they other person is.
A good relationship is when you both feel comfortable to show your weird stuff.

I really recognize your opening message. When my partner does something 'weird' I'm facepalming and giggling at the same time, but it ends with a 'aaaaaw so cute' 'SO Rob (his name)... instead of 'OMG so immature!!!!'

Ariadna

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2014, 01:54:01 PM »

Mine is super hot, major gaming and paintball nerd, obese, hairy and super funny and sweet.

A lot of people would disagree with his hotness. Because the obese, hairy and nerdy part. And a lot of people would say his humour and gaming would make him 'immature'.

I have the feeling a lot of my little pony lovers are people who are true about themselves, aren't afraid to look weird, immature or nerdy. And because of they aren't bothered by this stuff, they can see the awesome stuff in their partners. The really important stuff. Accepting how the other person is. Enjoying how they other person is.

I really recognize your opening message. When my partner does something 'weird' I'm facepalming and giggling at the same time, but it ends with a 'aaaaaw so cute' 'SO Rob (his name)... instead of 'OMG so immature!!!!'

Usually after my partners whacky words or stunt I tell him he is adorkable (adorable + dork = adorkable). I certainly wouldn't have him any other way, I love the weird things he does.

Obese, hairy and nerdy, hey sounds like my partner! XD His hair is longer than mine (currently nearing his lower back!) and I have never seen him without a beard. Lol!

On the subject of immaturity, well I personally believe that maturity is responsibility, I believe my partner and I are mature people in that we are responsible in many ways, but we love to have our fun :)

Rainfeather

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2014, 02:09:31 PM »

Usually after my partners whacky words or stunt I tell him he is adorkable (adorable + dork = adorkable). I certainly wouldn't have him any other way, I love the weird things he does.

Obese, hairy and nerdy, hey sounds like my partner! XD His hair is longer than mine (currently nearing his lower back!) and I have never seen him without a beard. Lol!

On the subject of immaturity, well I personally believe that maturity is responsibility, I believe my partner and I are mature people in that we are responsible in many ways, but we love to have our fun :)

Beards <3

I feel the same. Maturity is responsibillity. And we have that.
A lot of people I meet though think that gaming and liking 'kids stuff' can't go with responsibillity  :huh:

The weird thing is... these people who tell me that I'm totally immature for playing games and collecting MLP are the ones that in MY eyes make irresponsible choices. Like having babies while your partner doesn't want babies. Buying a house with someone they just met 2 months ago while continiously cheating... Buying big screen T.V.'s with a loan without having a job... etc.

I don't Judge people who have made poor decisions. We all make them. I just don't like it when they act like they are all the 'la-di-da' and I'm stupid because of my 'immature hobbies'.

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2014, 02:33:41 PM »
My husband managed to lock himself in the bathroom, naked, and had to crawl out the window, naked, to be let back in the house.  Oh, by the way, he went to the FRONT door, not the back one where no one would see that he was completely naked. 

The other day he was messing around in the kitchen, then he came through with a bag of trash to be put out and said, "Hey, I accidentally took my pants off, can you please put the trash out for me?"  How does one "accidentally" take one's pants off? 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal