collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 467679 times)

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #3300 on: February 13, 2021, 10:17:46 AM »
I didn't even think about the fact that it hadn't been tested for kids yet. I hope they do soon...that would be the first step in being able to get kids back to school full time.

First priority for smokers in NJ...that's kind of appalling. I wonder what the reasoning is behind that...I also heard Illinois was prioritizing prisoners on the grounds that sickness spreads very quickly withinthem, but I would have thought maybe they'd start with vaccinating the guards and staff first. But then this is also the same state that is vaccinating the automotive workers before the elderly and compromised so why should I be surprised.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3301 on: February 13, 2021, 12:41:46 PM »
I spent over an hour trying to get my printer to print something. Everything else prints fine except the thing that's really important.   :dumbpc:  I finally got it to print but it's a little smaller than it's supposed to be.  I'm hoping it's acceptable. I've never had this problem with printing out the form before. I've tried 2 different printers and 2 browsers. 

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3302 on: February 13, 2021, 02:46:34 PM »
I spent a few days at my parents house and when I got back to my place it is infested with fruit flies. I left my cats dry food out along with her water. I didn't even think of picking it up when I left. I guess the water source and enough fly spit/poo was enough to turn the food mushy and it was full of maggots. When I lifted the dish up I swear about 100 flies took off. Now they're scattered around the kitchen.

I made dish soap and vinegar traps and while I was making more they were working, drawing the flies in and trapping them. Their lifespan isn't long so if I keep on top of the litter box and not leave food in the garbage, they should die off quickly - I hope. There are worse things to have in your house but they are certainly annoying, always flying in my face and trying to get up my nose and in my eyes.

edit: Oh, I should add I took my cat with me. I wouldn't leave her alone for that long and my parents love her too.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 04:16:29 PM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline starrynights

• Takara Fakie
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Tinsel Enthusiast, Fakie Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: February 14, 2021, 08:34:32 PM »
I have 4 packages that I've been waiting for for months just arrive at the post office.
It's going to be snow storming and in the minuses tomorrow so I can't go get them  :cry:

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: February 15, 2021, 05:42:05 AM »
You have to feel for the posties in this squall tbh. The one delivering my post today said there's a backlog of post of four posting days due to the weather xxx
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3305 on: February 15, 2021, 06:27:12 AM »
I wanted to watch a video on YouTube but, even thought it was literally a scene from a G-rated children's cartoon, it was apparently flagged as mature, so I had to log in. Then, when I finally logged into my throwaway Google account, it turned out I also need to verify my age by sending my credit card info or an ID scan! WTH? So now whenever some poopyhead flags a video as mature, I will need to either disclose my identity to them or give them my credit card details (which isn't suspicious at all!) just to be able to see it? Seriously, eff you, Google. :dumbpc:
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #3306 on: February 15, 2021, 11:22:13 AM »
I've had trouble with Youtube too.   Sometimes when I try to watch a video especially if I'm using my phone, I'll get an error message even though the video showed just fine in the list or a message that the video isn't accessible in the US.  If  I'm not able to view the video, why does it show up on Youtube ?

My not so trivial complaint for the day.  We are experiencing extreme cold and winter weather.  We haven't lost power yet but the electric companies just announced that the grids are overloading and they are starting to do rolling blackouts to try to reduce the strain on the grid.

Ponyfan

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3307 on: February 15, 2021, 11:56:20 AM »
My fruit fly traps are working wonderfully. I also discovered that they're attracted to soap bubbles, so I filled both sinks with some water and soap and trapped tons more. There is still a good amount avoiding everything though. I just set three more traps. I'll get them all eventually.

My complaint for today is I'm ordering pizza. Again. I just had pizza on Friday. I haven't gained any weight... but I haven't lost any either. I ate a lot of bread when I was at my parents' house too (they always have the good sourdough bread from Publix - I can't resist it) so I should be happy I didn't gain. It's not that I don't have food in the house, I just don't feel like making anything. It's too much effort for me right now. I can barely get out of bed.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Online Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #3308 on: February 15, 2021, 05:32:29 PM »
even though i dripped the faucets last night and all day i think one of our pipe froze. the hot water in one sink isn't working and the cold water in the other sink isn't working. we rent but we just signed another year lease. i hope everything will be ok once it thaws. i don't even know hot to function in this weather.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3309 on: February 15, 2021, 05:45:57 PM »
It's so cold! It's 8°F windchill (and dropping!) and the entire city of Houston has no power! My hands are numb as I'm typing, and I'm under a comforter, 2 very warm blankets and a fluffy cat, as well as wearing layers in my own bed. I'm especially worried about my cat - I'm afraid she'll freeze to death if she's not laying on me, and theres nowhere warm to go in the house. We have no idea when the power will be back - I'm definitely missing assignments and my professors have made it clear that statewide power outtages won't be considered an excuse for turning something in late :pout: Nevermind that I only have internet through cell service, and Canvas won't load on my phone! How do people live like this year-round?!
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3310 on: February 15, 2021, 09:36:36 PM »
Hope all of you in the States being affected by this storm are safe!

My company’s whole system seems to have been knocked out by the storm. I’m online, but nothing in our intranet is working. We’re stuck taking calls from people who have been holding for 4 hours just to tell them there’s actually nothing we can do. >_< This is painful!

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3311 on: February 16, 2021, 03:09:35 AM »
I was hoping for a nice snow storm, and we didn't get much snow. I'm pretty bummed.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Online Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #3312 on: February 16, 2021, 06:35:30 AM »
I was hoping for a nice snow storm, and we didn't get much snow. I'm pretty bummed.

i would send some to you if i could. i think you dodged a bullet this time. how to people up north deal with winter? i now fully understand why people leave the northern states and move to Miami.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3313 on: February 16, 2021, 07:09:41 AM »

i would send some to you if i could. i think you dodged a bullet this time. how to people up north deal with winter? i now fully understand why people leave the northern states and move to Miami.

Up north, people are prepared to deal with the cold/snow. Be it salted roads, winter tires, appropriate clothes, etc.

But for me --  I really like the snow. And I'm really irritated that weather patterns have changed so much, that we don't get a decent amount of snow anymore. I would of way preferred the predicted 9+ inches of fluffy snow then the back breaking dense thick god awful sleet ice snow mess that we got.

Don't get me wrong, I feel bad for everyone in Texas. :/ It's dangerous to not have electricity in a cold snap. I'm just tired of getting my hopes up.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: February 16, 2021, 07:27:17 AM »
After being assured yesterday that we would not experience rolling blackouts the power company reversed that today.  There's no warning if/when the power will go out.  I expect it to happen anytime.   Some schools were planning on virtual learning today but due to the rolling blackouts they decided to give all the staff and students a day off.

We might get another 1-3 inches of snow today. 

Ponyfan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal