collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 467804 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #3165 on: January 08, 2021, 01:16:00 PM »
I managed to find where the ants were coming from and put a few drops of peppermint oil there. That seemed to stop them but I still wish I had bug spray so I could do the windows and door. I'm all paranoid now that more will find their way in.

I had to drop off my rent check and decided to check my mail too. The office is across my apartment and the mailboxes are about a building length down the street. I almost collapsed on my way back. My back and legs just don't want to work sometimes. I had to stop and sit on my steps before walking up the stairs.

A package I've been waiting for says it delivered today, but I don't have it. I'm thinking it went to one of the other units, which is frustrating. My aforementioned back and legs aren't going to let me go to the other apartments to check. Not today. If no one comes by I'll try tomorrow. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3166 on: January 08, 2021, 02:30:57 PM »
I don't know if it works, as I only tried it as an outdoor experiment once, but I have heard that if you sprinkle cinnamon or cayenne pepper down to make a barrier around your house (or at least across the area they are getting in), ants won't cross it. I put some cinnamon on the sidewalk once, and the ants did seem to avoid it.

My trivial complaint...my son and I have not been getting along. He had me in tears both last night and this morning, and I'm not usually that thin-skinned. I'd expect this kind of behavior from a teenager, but not a 5-year-old.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3167 on: January 09, 2021, 11:14:23 AM »
I went back to the bookstore yesterday to buy the book I wanted that the bookstore had put out before its release date.  The book was out of stock.  :sad:  I know eventually it will be restocked but this is not the first time that I've found a book put out too early that I had to make another trip to the store to purchase after the release date.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Pheasant

• She's a daydreamer
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3168 on: January 10, 2021, 09:10:42 PM »
I am being stalked and verbally harassed by a local at my workplace. :cry: He is known for being a dangerous character, too - I don't know why the hell he hasn't been arrested yet. Thank God I have a team of strong women who have my back. We're done with his crap.

Definitely not a trivial complaint by any means, but I don't want to make a full thread for it. Just needed to get it off my chest.
Mimic on MLPTP

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3169 on: January 10, 2021, 11:28:40 PM »
I am being stalked and verbally harassed by a local at my workplace. :cry: He is known for being a dangerous character, too - I don't know why the hell he hasn't been arrested yet. Thank God I have a team of strong women who have my back. We're done with his crap.

Definitely not a trivial complaint by any means, but I don't want to make a full thread for it. Just needed to get it off my chest.
Glad you have strong women to support you xxx That is a truly horrible thing to do to a person what he is doing to you
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #3170 on: January 11, 2021, 07:11:06 AM »
Yikes. Stay safe, Pheasant!

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3171 on: January 11, 2021, 07:48:25 AM »

Document everything he does in detail. This happened to me over a decade ago, and it escalated to breaking and entering my home while I was taking night classes an hour away, and eventually an attempt to run me over in a dark parking lot. When I had to face my stalker in court, he didn't stand a chance with the judge due to my detailed accounts of his forays. Please, please take care of yourself. I'm glad you have a good support network!

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #3172 on: January 11, 2021, 07:49:34 AM »
Stay safe, pheasant.

Ponyfan

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3173 on: January 11, 2021, 09:50:15 AM »
That's awful, Pheasant :( I'm sorry you're going through that. Stay safe.

My complaint is I ordered groceries to be delivered. One of my items was a plastic jug of tomato juice. It was substituted for two large cans. I don't think I have anything to put the juice in after I open the can. You're not supposed to leave stuff in cans after opening, even in the fridge. I'm not sure what I'm going to do...

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3174 on: January 11, 2021, 03:29:03 PM »
Oh Pheasant, that's awful, yes DO document everything, make sure you have witnesses too (where possible). LadyAmalthea, I never knew you went through this, & that it went as far as it did - what a living nightmare!!!!  :shocked:

Complaint du jour: missing out on getting 5kg dumbbells in Aldi because it was their "weekly special" at the start of Jan (the time I stayed home!) and they sold out in both the stores I later visited & online; got a weedy set of 2kg to slowly build my strength up (this time last year I was pressing 15kg in each hand, I'll get back up to fitness again soon, now that my broken finger has healed).

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3175 on: January 11, 2021, 05:13:27 PM »
Pheasant - take care of yourself and good luck resolving the situation. Glad you have people looking out for you.

...It's raining.

I don't want rain, sky. I want SNOW.

Wretched British winters.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline starrynights

• Takara Fakie
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Tinsel Enthusiast, Fakie Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3176 on: January 11, 2021, 10:59:22 PM »
Updated Ubuntu and no longer does drag/drop to/from desktop work.
Why, just why.
And I can't find any stable extensions or anything to fix it...
 :dumbpc:

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #3177 on: January 12, 2021, 05:53:24 AM »

...It's raining.

I don't want rain, sky. I want SNOW.

Wretched British winters.

I wish I could send you some snow.  :snowball:

I feel absolutely awful today and I'm not sure why.

Ponyfan

Offline Pheasant

• She's a daydreamer
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3178 on: January 12, 2021, 06:49:39 AM »
Thanks, everyone. I'm running out the door and will have to update this later, but the TL;DR version is that multiple police reports were made. Apparently a lot of people heard when he was cussing me out the other night.
Mimic on MLPTP

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3179 on: January 12, 2021, 07:33:23 AM »
Pheasant: good, I'm glad there is something on record now. Hopefully he will just stop if he thinks people are watching him and he won't get away with it. Stay safe!

Glitterball: yes, definitely the stuff nightmares are made of. Seems like it was another lifetime ago now, and it's been years since I've had a nightmare about it, but I'll probably always look over my shoulder and keep a low internet profile.

Trivial complaint: I've needed to pick up a prescription for days. My son gets dropped off at school at 8, and the pharmacy doesn't open until 9. We don't live in town. I really don't want to drive around wasting gas for an hour with 2 2-year-olds until I can pick it up...we already spend way too much time in the car.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal