collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 467726 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #2865 on: September 25, 2020, 11:14:22 AM »
I'm so sick of these fruit flies! :shakefist:

I don't even know how they got in here. I'm keeping on top of the cat litter and don't have any food out. Why are there so many?! Why do they keep trying to fly up my nose?!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: September 25, 2020, 11:44:39 AM »
I'm so sick of these fruit flies! :shakefist:

I don't even know how they got in here. I'm keeping on top of the cat litter and don't have any food out. Why are there so many?! Why do they keep trying to fly up my nose?!

I feel your pain.  Question...do you have your windows open ever?  That's how I figured out how they were getting into my house... I caught one of those little a-holes crawling right through the screen! 

If you don't have your windows open, they could be coming through your drains, through the pipes from other suites.  Fruit flies/drain flies are pretty similar a quick glance.  Try keeping your drains plugged for a bit with your stoppers after setting up a simple fruit/drain fly trap and see if that helps :)

I don't have an explanation as to why they are trying to fly up your nose though  :lol:

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2867 on: September 25, 2020, 02:17:05 PM »
I feel your pain.  Question...do you have your windows open ever?  That's how I figured out how they were getting into my house... I caught one of those little a-holes crawling right through the screen! 

If you don't have your windows open, they could be coming through your drains, through the pipes from other suites.  Fruit flies/drain flies are pretty similar a quick glance.  Try keeping your drains plugged for a bit with your stoppers after setting up a simple fruit/drain fly trap and see if that helps :)

I don't have an explanation as to why they are trying to fly up your nose though  :lol:

Thanks for the tips! They're definitely fruit flies and they're Florida sized (meaning bigger than they should be). My windows haven't been opened since I've moved in, around 3 weeks? The only thing I can think of is the garbage. I can't put it outside and the compactor is too far away for me to walk so my sister comes by with the car. I rinse everything like cat food and soda cans but maybe I missed something. Luckily, I have a disposal so there isn't any food in the garbage.

I'll definitely try a trap though! Lousy bugs.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: September 25, 2020, 02:29:50 PM »

Thanks for the tips! They're definitely fruit flies and they're Florida sized (meaning bigger than they should be). My windows haven't been opened since I've moved in, around 3 weeks? The only thing I can think of is the garbage. I can't put it outside and the compactor is too far away for me to walk so my sister comes by with the car. I rinse everything like cat food and soda cans but maybe I missed something. Luckily, I have a disposal so there isn't any food in the garbage.

I'll definitely try a trap though! Lousy bugs.

It is quite amazing what a cup with some wine or rotted fruit and a lid poked with tiny holes can do, those little suckers go in, but can't get out.
A food disposal?  Definitely try plugging those drains for sure :)

My trivial complaint today is my pantry/fridge are pretty bare and there is nothing that doesn't require work to prepare. Which is a good thing tbh, cause I have been wanting to munch all day  ^^; 

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: September 25, 2020, 07:18:15 PM »
I've been using a very old version of Microsoft Word on my computer.   I think soon I probably won't be able to use it anymore but I can't afford a newer version right now.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: September 25, 2020, 11:04:05 PM »
The heater's duffed up and the only repair appointment I could get is in a week's time. I've been without hot water before and know how to deal with the situation, but that was for a day or two. I'm not looking forward to a week of messing about with the kettle and a bucket in order to have a really rubbish version of a bath every morning. :pout:

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: September 26, 2020, 12:22:01 AM »
By this time you all likely know I have loud bashy workies round my house. They hammer, they drill, they grind, they vacuum, they thump...

The scaffold makes it pretty obvious to everybody they're there, & I'm sure anybody coming within range of my home will likely hear them too.

So WHY, when a postie came yesterday, did they NOT ring the doorbell (which sounds very different from the loud bashy workies) when they came round, instead knocking (sounds like loud bashy workies wi a hammer), giving up, & leaving a card through my door??? Makes. No. Sense
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2872 on: September 26, 2020, 06:51:57 PM »
Last night I couldn't sleep. I got maybe three hours. Then all day I had a bad headache and my body was extra sore since it didn't get a chance to heal. I tried to sleep at around 7pm and finally the headache went away. It's now almost 10pm and I still can't sleep. I told myself if by 10 I was awake, I'd get up and do something... I'm just too tired to think of anything.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Thimble

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: September 27, 2020, 03:41:59 AM »
Whyyyyyy does my stupid self always buy 20 pounds of stufg at the mall thats a 3 mile hike home....my arms are killing me

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: September 27, 2020, 07:10:50 AM »
I was using hand sanitizer yesterday and  somehow got some in my mouth.  :shocked:  It tasted terrible. 

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2875 on: September 28, 2020, 05:21:32 AM »
I'm trying a new cat litter, Fresh Step Clean Paws. It's supposed to be low tracking. Well, I just finished washing my cats feet because the litter stuck to them. Granted, it didn't track on the floor so I guess the product isn't technically wrong.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: September 28, 2020, 07:58:45 AM »
The dog decided that I needed to let him out at 1am.  If he does it again he'll be sleeping in the office because I don't get the option of sleeping all day like he does. :mad:

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: September 28, 2020, 12:49:50 PM »
I cleared out the cupboard under the worktop in the kitchen today, and encountered my dad's old slow cooker... well, that was horrific. It was like finding a zombie, but an old kitchen appliance. I have no idea quite how something ends up looking like it belongs in 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea just from sitting in a cupboard for a few decades but my word, that thing is frightening. It's sticky, dusty, rusty, yellowed, and there appear to be barnacles on the pins of the plug. Barnacles! :|

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2878 on: September 28, 2020, 01:43:15 PM »
First ever flu jab today. Not really that traumatic, but my arm aches a bit now.

But if it helps keep my family safe this winter, it's worth having done it. Mum and Dad still waiting for theirs, as GPs taking a while to get organised. ><
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: September 28, 2020, 08:24:32 PM »
I honestly feel like I’m being physically smothered by all the anger and negativity in the world right now. :( I just want this terrible year to end...
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal