collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 467740 times)

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #2820 on: September 13, 2020, 01:51:22 AM »
Is everything a "like"/"follow" contest these days? :pout:

So I just got another notification that some random person has started following me on Etsy. I mean, Etsy...! There's absolutely nothing to follow! I just buy stuff, and I'm pretty sure that's not out in the open for everyone to see, even my favourites are set to private. So what do you want from me?

Somehow I have accumulated 9 followers over the years. Yay for me? :yawn:

I can relate on the wasps although I am a lot less scared of them than I used to be.

My family have a quite old grape vine, and it grows right beneath my bedroom window. So in the summer/autumn there are grapes. It's quite high up and awkward so mostly the fruit gets left for the birds...and the insects. So at this time of the year, they're quite numerous.

Most have gone out quite easily so far, but Mum and I had a mad chase after one around the landing at some random time at night last week. We did get it out in the end though...

Oi, that sounds like fun. :crazy: I just had to catch another visitor too, and I just got up. -_-
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: September 13, 2020, 07:18:03 AM »
I am several hundred miles away from the wildfires burning in the US, but the smoke has travelled to my area.  I can smell it inside my sunroom.  I have respiratory issues so the smokey air is bothering me.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #2822 on: September 13, 2020, 07:46:51 AM »
The wildfires over to the west are very concerning, it's scary to think so many people are living in extremely hazardous air right now.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: September 13, 2020, 09:24:13 AM »
Went back to a forum I've been away from for three years, and while I'd like to get back to participating in that community, I really don't know how to go about it. It feels very awkward.
Also conflicting news reports are completely frying my brain but I guess that's just a standard part of the human condition at this point. :/

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: September 13, 2020, 10:37:14 AM »
Just things breaking around the house, and the front porch rebuild has been delayed by yet another month, they say Oct 13th now, and has to be a complete tear off. I hope it gets done in time for Halloween

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2825 on: September 13, 2020, 12:08:30 PM »
I thought my cat got outside. I couldn't find her and she wasn't answering me. I even shook the treat bag and nothing! I was panicking and about to text my sister that Mouse was missing.

I checked under the bed since it's been storming all day and sometimes she's afraid (not always though... she slept through a hurricane once). Anyway, I was about to grab my phone when I saw the white of her tail tip under my jewelry chest. I squeezed it and she came out.

She'd just been ignoring me!!!  :mad: :cry:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #2826 on: September 13, 2020, 05:19:49 PM »
Went back to a forum I've been away from for three years, and while I'd like to get back to participating in that community, I really don't know how to go about it. It feels very awkward.
Also conflicting news reports are completely frying my brain but I guess that's just a standard part of the human condition at this point. :/

Welcome back!
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2827 on: September 15, 2020, 09:56:22 AM »
With the following thing, I started a tumblr for an anime community because I was doing some translation stuff for them and someone suggested that would be a good place to post them.

So now I get random emails that people are following me, which is fine, I guess that's the point. But for some reason tumblr likes to add random words to the end of the follow emails. So it's like, X is following you. FINALLY! X is following you. Whatever! X is following you, YAY!

...It was funny the first four or five times. 240 follows later, it's got a bit old. Get some new words, Tumblr.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2828 on: September 15, 2020, 10:10:32 AM »
A leg on my gaming chair SNAPPED. I almost crashed sideways into the window.

Now, I fully admit I am a bit hefty but that's one reason I chose this chair, it has a stated load capacity that I am well under. I did not have it on high pile carpet, I wasn't riding it down the hallway at full speed or anything else that would make this my fault.

I went to the website to contact them and I see that they've upgraded all their chairs with a fully metal "heavy duty" wheel base. So I wonder if this happened a lot.

This isn't my first issue with the chair but last time it WAS my fault; I tripped and fell into it and damaged the seat plate and gas lift. That time, they sent replacements for free. Great customer service but just a lousy product.

It's a Killabee chair for those wondering. It'll be the first and last gaming chair I ever have. Next time I'm getting an executive office chair. My last one lasted for a decade! I've had this gaming chair for... almost 3 years? So. Yeah. It's not very comfortable either. I like the armrests. That's about it.

Anyway, I'm waiting to hear back from them about this newest issue. It would be nice to get it replaced for free again, especially because I didn't do it this time.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: September 15, 2020, 11:32:07 AM »
That has happened with a chair I had, but as that one was second-bum I just sought a replacement.

here's hoping you get yours replaced for free xxx
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: September 15, 2020, 05:02:14 PM »
We've been dealing with the bad air quality since the fires started back in August, but it's getting so bad I'm getting headaches from it. At least my town isn't in danger of actually burning.

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: September 15, 2020, 05:32:19 PM »
We've been dealing with the bad air quality since the fires started back in August, but it's getting so bad I'm getting headaches from it. At least my town isn't in danger of actually burning.
I've been seeing the fires & their effects & progress on several Discords & my heart goes out to everybody in California xxx
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline NanoRuby

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: September 15, 2020, 06:05:13 PM »
This past week has been such a mess. First there's a huge storm that knocks out the power of 100,000 buildings. My mom calls the power company every day for like a week to try and get them to fix the power line that was smashed by a neighbor's tree. People at the power company are rude and we're left without power for over five days. We resort to buying a bunch of rechargeable batteries and charging our devices at my school and job. My mom snaps because her ex husband/my dad is a tightwad who refuses to help her replace the food we lost cause we didn't have a freezer. We go to a nearby hotel for a couple days and find out that now we do have power, but no internet, TV or landline, so now I have to go to school in person which is stressful. Today my mom calls our internet provider to ask what's going on and they say that the soonest they can send someone out to check our wires and stuff is next Tuesday.

I'm so tired and stressed, and my mom is tired and stressed, and I just want this year to be over.

Is it Halloween yet?
For Sale/Trade | Wishlist
Sig by the amazing starscout!

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #2833 on: September 16, 2020, 07:02:10 PM »
I. am having the worst tech luck today. I'm trying to write an essay, I have school tomorrow, I want to skip my classes tomorrow just out of stress. I really need to buy a new laptop, a LAPTOP that isn't a GLORIFIED TABLET with detachable keyboards. I'm using my mom's laptop but it's barely functional, I can't do anything.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: September 17, 2020, 09:33:41 AM »
Guess who’s pet hermit crab was doing a molt and dragged his exoskeleton to the surface and left it there before going back to his hole, leaving it there and giving me a tiny heart attack when I initially thought it might be his corpse? I inspected it after my initial shock-it is not a corpse and he is healthy. He just wanted to decorate for Halloween.
     I’m proud of him for growing, and it was a good anatomy study for me...but that’s not what you want first thing in the morning. Great start to the day!
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal