collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 467632 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #2700 on: August 03, 2020, 06:06:00 AM »
My DVD player will not play a DVD without skipping.  It doesn't matter if it's a movie that's only been played a few times or one that has been played a lot.  I know that many of my DVDs can't be defective.  I'm on a very tight budget right now so I will not be able to get a Blu Ray player right away. 

There's a player in the living room I can use but I live with my parents and a lot of the movies I like to watch are not interesting to them.

Ponyfan   
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2701 on: August 03, 2020, 09:05:43 AM »
I bought a loaf of my favorite bread, Publix bakery sourdough, it was the last one on the shelf. I wanted toast this morning so I grabbed a slice and there's a big air hole in the whole loaf :(

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: August 03, 2020, 02:07:39 PM »
I had an extra hour in bed this morning and stayed home in order to relax and unwind, but still somehow ended up completely fried. :zzz:

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: August 03, 2020, 10:14:37 PM »
     I’m working on an ambitious request for art, and I think I’m getting burn out and getting sore from posture. I tell myself I’ll stop and enjoy playing a video game or reading...but then I realize I just want to finish the darn thing, and so get right back into it. One of these days I’ll get myself a proper desk chair. The one I’ve been using the last few years is nice...but I really need something that isn’t all hard plastic.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: August 04, 2020, 12:22:34 AM »
I need new socks.  However, the only socks that Walmart had today were ankle socks.  I don't like ankle socks.  So I did not get socks.  :pout:

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: August 04, 2020, 10:42:24 AM »
I was filling out a job application that wanted a digital signature. Instead of checking a box, I had to actually sign using my mouse.  It was really difficult because it’s hard  for me to write legibly with a computer mouse.

Ponyfan

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: August 04, 2020, 12:23:10 PM »
I ordered the Fruits Basket Season 1 Part 2 DVD from Amazon 2 months ago.  It came, but I didn't have time to watch it.  Finally had time to open it up and put it in and it's a Region 2 DVD.  Nowhere on the order page did it say that it was Region 2!  I looked multiple times before placing my order and even today, it still didn't say anything about being a different region.  So now I can't watch it.  I did report the listing to Amazon as incorrect so hopefully nobody else ends up screwed over by it.  I've contacted the seller and I'll see if they'll actually do anything because their seller page says to check the regions on DVDs before purchasing.  I did that, they didn't have it listed correctly.  If they don't do anything about it, it will result in a bad review (something I don't usually do but other people need to be warned if that's going to be the case).

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: August 04, 2020, 02:12:05 PM »
I ordered the Fruits Basket Season 1 Part 2 DVD from Amazon 2 months ago.  It came, but I didn't have time to watch it.  Finally had time to open it up and put it in and it's a Region 2 DVD.  Nowhere on the order page did it say that it was Region 2!  I looked multiple times before placing my order and even today, it still didn't say anything about being a different region.  So now I can't watch it.  I did report the listing to Amazon as incorrect so hopefully nobody else ends up screwed over by it.  I've contacted the seller and I'll see if they'll actually do anything because their seller page says to check the regions on DVDs before purchasing.  I did that, they didn't have it listed correctly.  If they don't do anything about it, it will result in a bad review (something I don't usually do but other people need to be warned if that's going to be the case).

That's really frustrating.  I hope that the seller will make it right.  Region codes should be clearly/correctly  listed on all pages since there are a lot of different regions.

Ponyfan

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: August 04, 2020, 03:28:44 PM »
I miss thrift stores.  *pout*
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Safflower

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: August 04, 2020, 03:29:22 PM »

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2710 on: August 04, 2020, 05:48:45 PM »
Ugh. I need a new phone and laptop. My phone is so old it doesn't have internet and my only laptop is a Macbook Pro that's 11 years old and can't support a lot of things anymore. I just wanted to post some photos to my Facebook from my camera, but I can't upload them to my Mac. That means I have to get on my desktop, which is a big gaming rig. I only need to post a couple pictures! I don't wanna turn my PC on...

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: August 05, 2020, 12:00:21 AM »
Me every time DVDs are only available in Region 1 = this frustration. (I live in Region 2)
I do hope the seller corrects your issue & gives you the proper region DVD.

i did get myself a portable DVD player which is region free so I can watch some Pony DVDs which aren't available in Region 2, like World's Biggest Tea Party for example.
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: August 05, 2020, 02:19:13 PM »
The DVD player is now completely broken with a DVD stuck inside. :(

Ponyfan

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: August 05, 2020, 05:07:56 PM »
I just discovered what tonsil stones are today.  >.< 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: August 05, 2020, 06:36:48 PM »

That's really frustrating.  I hope that the seller will make it right.  Region codes should be clearly/correctly  listed on all pages since there are a lot of different regions.

Ponyfan

So, the seller's response was "Since the order is so old, there's nothing we can do."  Because as the seller, you definitely can't just refund or exchange the item like a decent human being.  Okay.  1 star review for you and a review on the product that says it's region 2 and not to waste your money unless you have a region 2 player. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal