collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 467868 times)

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #2640 on: July 02, 2020, 05:54:41 AM »
A lot of people walk their dogs at the park I go to for walks, and one dog that was off leash (which is illegal in the area) started circling around me and barking real aggressively. It took a while for it to go back to its owner... good thing it wasn't bigger, I would've freaked out much more, especially since it did it twice :unsure:

That sucks.
I hate dogs, thanks to a childhood trauma involving one when I was really small, but I hate irresponsible dog owners more. Dogs can be trained and can be lovely and well behaved and not invade the space of random strangers if their owners have spent time taking care to teach them how to behave in public. But too many people just get a dog and that's it.

One of the biggest issues during early lockdown going for a walk were people and their dogs getting in the way and thus not obeying the distancing rules.

...Also hate people who think rules don't apply to them because they are apparently more special than everyone else...

My trivial complaint for today - I was going to go out this morning for a walk (and try to explore without getting lost) but it clouded over like it was going to rain and so I didn't. Well, it still hasn't rained...but I don't want to risk it in case it does, because me going for an explore-walk can take some time...(zero navigation xD)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: July 02, 2020, 10:07:01 AM »
A lot of people walk their dogs at the park I go to for walks, and one dog that was off leash (which is illegal in the area) started circling around me and barking real aggressively. It took a while for it to go back to its owner... good thing it wasn't bigger, I would've freaked out much more, especially since it did it twice :unsure:

That sucks.
I hate dogs, thanks to a childhood trauma involving one when I was really small, but I hate irresponsible dog owners more. Dogs can be trained and can be lovely and well behaved and not invade the space of random strangers if their owners have spent time taking care to teach them how to behave in public. But too many people just get a dog and that's it.

One of the biggest issues during early lockdown going for a walk were people and their dogs getting in the way and thus not obeying the distancing rules.

...Also hate people who think rules don't apply to them because they are apparently more special than everyone else...

My trivial complaint for today - I was going to go out this morning for a walk (and try to explore without getting lost) but it clouded over like it was going to rain and so I didn't. Well, it still hasn't rained...but I don't want to risk it in case it does, because me going for an explore-walk can take some time...(zero navigation xD)
Definitely - I've seen quite a few people who just don't leash their dogs in that area. Usually it's not a problem, but come on... there's a sign that says you need to leash your dogs right before you enter the field...

too long to get into it but..my parental units (dad and step mom) are yelling and arguing about this beach trip we were supposed to take for my dads birthday, but not they're sort of just ragging on me from downstairs for not wanting to bike? theyre arguing with eachother but i can hear it. it seems really trivial but its making me really upset  :redface: i feel so ashamed! but i didnt really do anything wrong

That sounds stressful mango :( I'm sorry they're making you so upset, sending pony hugs :hug:

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2642 on: July 02, 2020, 03:39:45 PM »
I overslept or more accurately slept until 5pm because I couldn't fall asleep until after 4am. I wanted to get up early to make some calls and spend the day packing for my move. As tired as I was last night and despite having gotten up early yesterday, my brain just wouldn't shut up.

I'm naturally nocturnal, which is fine if I lived alone (my current goal) but it's hard to get things done when everyone else is sleeping. Staying in my room and packing isn't really the problem. It's things like taping up the boxes, going to get ice for a drink, making something to eat, going in and out of the garage. Anything that makes noise. I hate tiptoeing around. HATE it.

But that's what I'm faced with right now since I inexplicably slept 12 hours after trying and failing to fall asleep for 5! Argh!

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: July 02, 2020, 10:07:31 PM »
Extremely trivial, but I was playing Minecraft with a friend. And he managed to make an entire horde of zombie pigmen upset and hostile to him. I could have just left him, but I went to help because that’s what friends do. They slaughter every zombie pigman in the nether. Whenever we thought it was over, more showed up.
    We had fun until it was time for me to go to bed. We weren’t done, and if I left and logged in tomorrow...any survivors would have been hostile to me. Not fun, so I stayed to help clean up. We managed to pull through somehow, and made it home after loosing the majority of our things. My sister is now upset with me because I didn’t help get the dogs ready for bed, even though I do it on my own most nights anyways and look after them most of the day because she’s too busy hiding in her room. She says it’s just a stupid game, and not worth my time or energy. Let alone helping someone in a situation on the game. She’s really passive aggressive to me now (as she usually gets when she’s upset) because of it. I’m sorry I couldn’t help you with a five minute not that urgent task, but I’m not going to leave my friend hanging! But I’m the bad guy for trying to help a friend I guess?
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: July 03, 2020, 05:30:55 AM »
I hit my head against the corner of a shelf the other day and there's a sharp pain in my temple that refuses to budge. :s

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: July 03, 2020, 07:01:05 AM »
Ugh! Just got my  blood test results phone call and have to redo the test AGAIN cause my platelets were even lower this Tuesday than they were 2 weeks ago!  I'm still working Mon-Fri and don't have time to go do all these tests when the labs are open  :mad:

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: July 04, 2020, 11:52:24 AM »
A shirt I ordered came today, but it looks like a paper bag on me. :pout:

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2647 on: July 04, 2020, 01:36:53 PM »
My cat is sick :( She was doing great yesterday and today is like a complete opposite.

I'm more worried than normal because my mom said that when I moved into my new apartment my cat would die :cry: That would be my punishment for leaving my mom (who is a wonderful person as you can see).

I'm keeping a close eye on her and will take her to the emergency vet if I have to.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: July 04, 2020, 09:19:11 PM »
It's trivial but multiple people in my area are setting off fireworks. Big ones! That explode in the air and they've been doing it for hours. Not fair as it's against the city and county ordinance.  I would have loved to play with some if I'd known the police were going to look the other way.  It's probably them setting them off.   :mad:
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: July 04, 2020, 11:37:08 PM »
I'm more worried than normal because my mom said that when I moved into my new apartment my cat would die :cry: That would be my punishment for leaving my mom (who is a wonderful person as you can see).

Woah that's harsh  :shocked: did she really say that??

Regardless - take into account your cat's age, previous health history etc. I am keeping my paws crossed that kitty recovers, but if not, remember that a similar outcome would have happened if you had not moved.  :hope: it's NOT your fault and no one is getting punished!!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2650 on: July 05, 2020, 07:23:58 AM »

Woah that's harsh  :shocked: did she really say that??

Regardless - take into account your cat's age, previous health history etc. I am keeping my paws crossed that kitty recovers, but if not, remember that a similar outcome would have happened if you had not moved.  :hope: it's NOT your fault and no one is getting punished!!

That's what she told me :( She's always said things like that. She's Catholic and life is sin. Everything bad that happens to you is deserved. Honestly, we have learned to tune it out or roll our eyes and move on, but it bothers me when she says stuff about my pets. Say what you want about me, I don't care, but leave my 17 year old cat out of it. It just fuels my anxiety.

But I'm glad to say my kitty is feeling a little better this morning!  ^.^ she's still mopey but she was talking and was able to eat some and her ears and feet aren't hot anymore. I think she has a bad hairball. I gave her a little bit of tuna with olive oil and have some medicine on the way.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2651 on: July 05, 2020, 07:50:46 AM »
Hopefully kitty is just feeling her age :/ Fingers crossed she continues to do OK :)

@Slyons -  I don't know what the tests are relating to but please do make sure you get them if you can. Platelet count is really important!

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: July 05, 2020, 01:40:02 PM »

That's what she told me :( She's always said things like that. She's Catholic and life is sin. Everything bad that happens to you is deserved. Honestly, we have learned to tune it out or roll our eyes and move on, but it bothers me when she says stuff about my pets. Say what you want about me, I don't care, but leave my 17 year old cat out of it. It just fuels my anxiety.

But I'm glad to say my kitty is feeling a little better this morning!  ^.^ she's still mopey but she was talking and was able to eat some and her ears and feet aren't hot anymore. I think she has a bad hairball. I gave her a little bit of tuna with olive oil and have some medicine on the way.

Well, 17 is already a grand age for a cat, and I'm glad to hear that she seems much better today!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2653 on: July 05, 2020, 10:37:28 PM »
Mouse continues to improve and the hairball treatment I ordered should come tomorrow :)

My current complaint is this not being able to sleep at night thing. I got up early, got stuff done, am physically tired and - nothing. I could have easily fallen asleep at 3pm and again at 7 but I stayed up because that was too early and I know I'd be waking up around 2-3am. Well it is 1:30am and I have been tossing and turning since 11. I also have a bad headache.

One of the meds I was given for my sinus infection (did I mention that I have a sinus infection?) is an allergy pill that is supposed to cause drowsiness. It's not an old-timey antihistamine otherwise I'd be out by now. But I'm not drowsy at all. Completely exhausted, but not drowsy. Man, my head hurts.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #2654 on: July 07, 2020, 04:15:06 AM »
Good to know your kitty is doing better, BC! :hug:

Yikes, I had to remove a tick this morning. It's been years and years since I had one but I guess I've just been lucky. I walk my cats on a leash so they get ticks from time to time... I gave the cats a good brush yesterday before going to bed but I didn't shower or check my clothes like I should have. :/ I've been thinking about the TBE vaccine, this isn't the worst of areas but still...  I'm less worried about Lyme disease as I noticed and removed the tick pretty quickly and can be on the lookout for any signs of rash.

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal