collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 467597 times)

Offline deermeat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fakie!
  • Out and about since 2007
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #2610 on: June 21, 2020, 09:48:03 AM »
I am not going to assisted living, my case manager told me about it, and well... It's just not for me, I suppose. So right now I am thinking about 'going on an adventure' to Nashville after my SSI is set up, I've lived on the streets before but this time I'd be travelling a great distance  (Baltimore, Maryland to Nashville, Tennessee)

I keep on asking myself "is it worth it?". My roommate isn't so kind to me, in fact every situation I've been in has been abusive. It makes me worry whether or not the next one I'll be in will be the same, as that's all I've dealt with all my life. That is why I do not like the idea of Assisted Living anymore, it turns out you share a place with many other people and that is very scary to me- I don't trust people too much. I'd rather go my own way and have fun, the world is my playground. I don't have a true home nor family, so really what's the point of being alive? What is the point of living? Where am I to go? I keep asking myself these questions and I don't have any answers.
Death does not scare me, I have lost a lot in my life so I'm always wondering if I'd be the next to leave this planet. I see people my age talk about 'buying a car' or trying to make a name for themselves, people my age have housing and have families. Normally, if you are 19 and you are homeless without a family- people will assume you did something wrong, but I was merely dealt a bad hand at life. I am not a druggie, I am not a drinker, I am not an abuser. I'm physically disabled, I can't drive. I can make friends but I find myself distancing away in fear of losing them too.

I have to keep on thinking about the positives. So much has happened in my life, I feel so old- but I know this is only the beginning. All I want to do is live on my own in a nice house, with all my collections, and having a few pets.  I do not like how everyone relies on technology too much, I can't even apply for a job without it being online. It's scary, it's untrustworthy.

But I'll manage. If there's a will, there's a way. Thanks for listening, I guess. Hope everyone here is having a swell time
  :bird:
I love cats!

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: June 21, 2020, 12:17:59 PM »
This is definitely an extremely trivial complaint of the highest order but I can't work up the motivation to work on my art at all. It's been about a month that I've been failing to get to any traction now, and it has been an immensely rough month, but I don't want that to hold me back; it hasn't held me back from doing other constructive things, but it has kind of killed off my creative drive. I've tried taking the compassionate route and just trying to do a quick sketch each day, even if I don't feel like doing it, but even that feels like too much aggro at the moment. I really want to go back and study the structural basics of drawing, then use that knowledge to develop a new art style and hopefully make something worthwhile that I could exhibit locally when things are more normal, and I know that goal isn't going to happen without a lot of work and consistent effort, but urgh, I am too all-over-the-place to focus on it at the moment. :/
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: June 21, 2020, 02:06:46 PM »
I have a migraine.  :sad:

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2613 on: June 21, 2020, 02:09:14 PM »
I should be packing for my move but my body is very sore today for some reason. Even just sitting in this chair hurts :cloud:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: June 23, 2020, 09:13:07 AM »
Sisters keep having disagreements, and I’m here listening to them argue. It’s annoying, so I tell the older one to leave the other alone since it’s a trivial argument over a clothing choice, and I get told to stay out of it. Thing is, I’ve been asked by them to make sure their arguments don’t cross a line...like what do you want from me?! Do you want me to intervene or not?
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2615 on: June 23, 2020, 12:32:16 PM »
Well this is great. My psychiatrist retired and as such my appointment was cancelled. July 7th I have a Zoom appointment with a new one. I can't get my meds refilled because it's been longer than 90 days since I was last seen (the clinic was closed for a while like everything else). I run out of my meds very soon.

Let's just ignore the bolded warning on every piece of info about the medicine that says "do not suddenly stop taking this or you could die".

I know from past experience that after about three days without my depression meds I start getting, uh, a bit unstable.

Great.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: June 23, 2020, 12:44:58 PM »
I had a horrible migraine for 3 days. Today the sunlight was so bright that it hurt my eyes. I’m not usually that sensitive to sunlight.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: June 24, 2020, 12:05:18 PM »
Packages hurtling through time and space. >_<

I know the mail system doesn't function that well right now, but it's still a massive nuisance. I have this one small package that was shipped to me from the US on April 14th, and it still doesn't look like it's going to be here anytime soon (under normal circumstances it usually takes a week). It was well on its way, until it said "Mail Preparation", The Hague. So I thought "Yay! It's in The Netherlands already!" Forget it. :pout: First it stayed that way for weeks, then it showed a whole freaky route through China and Vietnam and whatnot, then they removed that update and it went back to "Mail preparation" in The Hague (with the old date). Now it says "Arrived via USPS Surface", Rotterdam. FOR THE LAST COUPLE OF WEEKS. -_-

Now another package from the US says "Mail preparation" in The Hague as well, and now I'm scared, lol. What does it even mean? I never saw that status before. :lookround: It doesn't mean it's here, that's for sure. XD

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Miniature Sheep

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: June 25, 2020, 05:39:17 AM »
My conference folder for job interviews arrived, which technically is a very good thing. I can take my notes and a copy of my CV with me in a way that will look very crisp and professional, but there's somewhat of a stumbling block in that I have no interviews lined up. :/

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2619 on: June 25, 2020, 08:06:26 AM »
As is normal for me, I woke up with a headache and sour stomach, plus my body still aches in general. I'm having some tea instead of coffee, for my stomach.

Aside from all that I'm in a fairly decent mood today so if I can fix up my body to not feel terrible maybe I can get some packing done.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: June 25, 2020, 11:06:02 AM »

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #2621 on: June 25, 2020, 12:27:39 PM »
I'm trying to make meals out of what's left in the fridge/freezer before we leave for vacation, but I'm suddenly super picky. I don't want to have to buy a bunch of stuff before we leave.

Sig by Starscout <3

Online EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: June 25, 2020, 03:12:00 PM »
My partner kicked me out and I'm living with family again. Oh well I should be grateful I have a home at all

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2623 on: June 25, 2020, 10:54:24 PM »
This is definitely an extremely trivial complaint of the highest order but I can't work up the motivation to work on my art at all. It's been about a month that I've been failing to get to any traction now, and it has been an immensely rough month, but I don't want that to hold me back; it hasn't held me back from doing other constructive things, but it has kind of killed off my creative drive. I've tried taking the compassionate route and just trying to do a quick sketch each day, even if I don't feel like doing it, but even that feels like too much aggro at the moment. I really want to go back and study the structural basics of drawing, then use that knowledge to develop a new art style and hopefully make something worthwhile that I could exhibit locally when things are more normal, and I know that goal isn't going to happen without a lot of work and consistent effort, but urgh, I am too all-over-the-place to focus on it at the moment. :/

I can relate. Lockdown has killed my ability to work on anything academic. Creativity is limited to fanfiction at the moment, too.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Miniature Sheep

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: June 26, 2020, 08:18:33 AM »

I can relate. Lockdown has killed my ability to work on anything academic. Creativity is limited to fanfiction at the moment, too.

It's good to know that I'm not alone in this! It seems that loads of other people have been achieving all manner of things during lockdown and I was the only one who didn't have the energy of focus for it.

And my complaint for today is the excessive humidity. It did rain a little bit earlier and that did take the edge off briefly, but now the sun's out again, it's gone back to being very oppressive and claggy.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal