collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 467593 times)

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #2580 on: June 05, 2020, 10:54:57 AM »
It got up to 102 degrees yesterday >_< Too hot! Gah!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: June 05, 2020, 11:26:54 AM »
I knew California was hot, but hot dang! That’s 39 decrees Celsius for us. It’s but below average seasonal temperature here, so blow some of your hot air this way!
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: June 05, 2020, 11:42:13 AM »
I knew California was hot, but hot dang! That’s 39 decrees Celsius for us. It’s but below average seasonal temperature here, so blow some of your hot air this way!
I second this!

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

Offline Safflower

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: June 06, 2020, 12:03:29 PM »
I second this!
Gladly!

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Mewtwofan1

• View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: June 06, 2020, 09:47:58 PM »
The whole time I've been complaining about Blender not saving my renders, you want to know what happened? It WAS saving them, just in a different spot than where I was looking! :shocked: I've been fretting for days trying to figure out the problem, thinking it was the save location or the script I gave the computer to render them in order, and how to tell my client. Nope, its all in one file that I accidentally made in a different directory on my computer...

Offline Pheasant

• She's a daydreamer
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: June 07, 2020, 02:52:30 PM »
@Mewtwofan1:
Glad you found your renders!

Not going to elaborate, but this is going to be a very stressful week for my family. I keep telling myself not to worry, and I do... exactly that...  :freak:
Mimic on MLPTP

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2586 on: June 08, 2020, 06:21:58 PM »
I got a letter from Social Security and thought it was going to be a decision on my disability claim, but it's for another hearing. I already HAD a hearing in March. Why do I have to have another one? It's the same judge. I don't understand :(

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: June 09, 2020, 03:15:44 PM »
Felt meh all week, finally went for a run today, my leg muscles took ages to loosen-up and my feet have new blisters after I wore a brand-new pair of socks  :mad:

Also - have my feet shrunk? Suddenly my running shoes feel too big? Maybe it was the new socks...

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2588 on: June 10, 2020, 06:19:09 PM »
My wireless adapter quit working for my desktop :( I had a feeling it was on its last leg. For a cheap Netgear it did an okay job for about 6 years or so. I suppose it is time to upgrade.

Though this means my PC has no internet. I do all my social networking on my PC since I find the apps for my tablet too annoying to use. My phone is ancient and doesn't have internet  -_-

Well the new one should be here by Saturday.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #2589 on: June 11, 2020, 12:20:25 AM »
Because of Corona the unemployment agency is swamped with requests so the handling time is up to seven weeks! I am glad I have a part time job, but the pay is not enough, it just keeps my nose above the surface along with my savings. I've had to cut back on so many things and really think before I make a purchase of any kind. Good news is that when it finally gets approved I'll get a huge chunk at the same time, but until then I'm treading water.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: June 11, 2020, 07:19:30 AM »
So, the library is closed to the public again and we're all trying to finish RFID-ing the collection.  I'm the ONLY person allowed to tag our 22,000 DVDs (due to too many people not being capable of following simple instructions) so I've been doing that.  I get an email from the director this morning saying that "relabeling the DVDs" can wait until after we're open because I can "take them to my office to work on" but the children's collection need to be tagged before we open again (in at least 2 weeks).  Um...we have 20 other people who "should" be capable of tagging the books.  If they can't manage the collection that we have in that amount of time, why the Hades are we paying them?  So I told her I wasn't "relabeling" anything.  I'm tagging the DVDs, which check out more than any other part of our collection and actually need to be done before we open because we have so many checked out right now that it will literally be months before I can get them all done even if I manage to finish what we have in the building before we open because some of them will be on a wait list that long.  But what would I know?  I've only done this at another library system before and I know what does and doesn't check out because I actually work the check-out desk.

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: June 11, 2020, 07:46:40 AM »
The air smells like dead swamp. AGAIN. The weather is incredibly gross. >_<

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2592 on: June 11, 2020, 09:14:45 AM »
I got a letter from Social Security and thought it was going to be a decision on my disability claim, but it's for another hearing. I already HAD a hearing in March. Why do I have to have another one? It's the same judge. I don't understand :(

That sucks Black Curtains :(

I am waiting for the govt to figure out that disabled people exist and that we do need to know what is going to happen with our assessments etc other than "they'll be postponed if they were meant to happen up until June." Mine is due for review in September and I had a year long fight over it which went to a tribunal last time because of issues with the DWP's unique approach to handling my supporting evidence (note, the govt department in charge of benefits, who also recently lost a court case brought by their disabled employees citing examples of discrimination within the workplace).

So right now I have no idea when I will be able to go out, when I will be able to apply for jobs, when I will be able to do anything meaningful again and whether I will be able to contribute to the household or keep my bus pass or any of those things beyond September...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Mewtwofan1

• View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: June 11, 2020, 07:43:31 PM »
Well, I finally figured out why all may packages keep taking forever to show up or don’t show up at all. Turns out my paypal address changed the last digit, and it’s my neighbours address now. They’re new neighbours, and I feel so embarrassed. I’m going to try and see them tomorrow and explain myself...not sure how to approach the topic. “Oh hey, sorry all these random packages might keep showing up, I can’t type correctly it seems.” We don’t talk much to our neighbours, so I have no clue how to do this. Especially with the pandemic making people refuse to open their doors to strangers.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2594 on: June 11, 2020, 10:37:29 PM »
Well, I finally figured out why all may packages keep taking forever to show up or don’t show up at all. Turns out my paypal address changed the last digit, and it’s my neighbours address now. They’re new neighbours, and I feel so embarrassed. I’m going to try and see them tomorrow and explain myself...not sure how to approach the topic. “Oh hey, sorry all these random packages might keep showing up, I can’t type correctly it seems.” We don’t talk much to our neighbours, so I have no clue how to do this. Especially with the pandemic making people refuse to open their doors to strangers.

Could you put a note through their door explaining and apologising for the mix up?
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal